Viable for end-game?

Options
Fynaria - Heavens Tear
Fynaria - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Mystic
I'm trying to decide on whether or not to make a mystic as my main character (yes, I'm "kind of" new to Perfect World) and I just have a small question...

Is the Mystic a viable class for end-game? I've been reading around this forum and there have been some comments on how mana intensive it gets and such. I do wish to partake in end game instances and I want to be a least partially needed in squads. Is it worth it to make a Mystic?
Post edited by Fynaria - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Cenire - Sanctuary
    Cenire - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm not sure about DD, but I bet a cleric would urge a squad to try and get a mystic so their job is easier and they don't have to buy res scrolls.

I'm a cleric as well and once mystics start becoming more common at the higher levels, I'll definitely recommend squads to get one at least if possible.

Like, in FCC there's certain bosses that are really hard for me as a cleric no matter how many times I do it (especially the annoying bishop boss) so a mystic would be a great back up.

And sometimes if you're a really good mystic and the squad just cannot find a cleric, you can take over that job in certain end game instances.
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    for one I love my mystic since it can do the role of both support and DD ( at least my gears and refines allow me to )

we definitely need our endgame skills (sage for me at least) and it'll all become easier that what it is now really
  • Nukya - Sanctuary
    Nukya - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I also would love an answer to these questions b:thanks

Is the mystic that useful in squad and wanted in high lvl instances? Because right now i only see ppl shouting in wc for barbs, clerics or aps. Is the game broken...

I suppose its a matter of how good u are with ur class and finding friends to play with b:pleased
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    Caterpie - Dreamweaver Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I also would love an answer to these questions b:thanks

Is the mystic that useful in squad and wanted in high lvl instances? Because right now i only see ppl shouting in wc for barbs, clerics or aps. Is the game broken...

I suppose its a matter of how good u are with ur class and finding friends to play with b:pleased

Barbs and clerics because they're the most rare of the 10 classes, and APS because they're selfish and want things to get done as fast as possible.

If you get a good group of friends, or a nice faction, you'll have no problem finding squads for things you need.

And as for what we're capable of, once when I was killing Calcid for my bh, I turned a 5x sin who got hit for 1.5k+ per hit, into a viable tank (we had no cleric) with Salvation spamming Aegis Shell. And that was just early/mid game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavy Cash Shopping is the difference between understanding simple game mechanics at level 30, or level 101.