Mat Stealing in Hell ?

SeekerSin - Dreamweaver
SeekerSin - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
As a non-cash shopper one of the way's I have found to fund my other toon's is by farming hell.

By collecting the Hell Hearbs ( Devilwood , Logon Herb, Scented Fungus ) and can take alot of game time up by doing this (2 weeks to make my barbs TT99 Gold Axe's).

But I have met those's ppl that seem to think it is ok to pick the mat up when I'm killing for it .

I understand that it's first come first serve for the mats . But what I strongly belive in is If your killing for it then you should get your reward's, not have some .... swoop down and pick the mat up that I am taking damage for.

If I see someone fighting for the mat I will ask if they are going for the mat or killing for a quest ,

If they are going for the mat I help kill the nasty hell mob. If they are questing then I will offer to swap buffs leave the mat alone and go on my way.

You may think this is being petty so flame away flamers.
But have you ever stopped to consider that your paths may cross again in the future with those's you have hasseled in hell with .
For a gallant spirit there can never be defeat
Post edited by SeekerSin - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    inb4 random pvp-server person:

this isnt a problem on pvp servers :p
    i like potato
  • Vladymyr - Raging Tide
    Vladymyr - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I noticed that too..I was even once ON a mat fighting the mob to get it and someone came and digged it right under me as I was killing..I mean..the nerves of some person..But nothing can be done about it..As above poster said..On a PvP server, just kill the guy (or try to) to get your mat. Here what I found out is survey the area and make sure no one is near when u attempt to pick said mat...
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    inb4 random pvp-server person:

this isnt a problem on pvp servers :p

KSing and mat stealing whining is by far one of the most annoying things on PvE servers. Same with the oracle "lines" we used to have when jolly jones first came out. Lmfao, they'd get rolled and butthurt if it was a PvP server.

I've actually had people complain to me on a daily basis about people in my faction that "ksed their herb" in hell. Wtf? They kill stole your herb? First dig first serve. /faillogic
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Chickpea - Lost City
    Chickpea - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Its rude taking someones mat when they're obviously killing a mob to clear around it. But no one cares since everyone needs Devilwood, Tieryherbs etc. You cant really call it stealing since the herb never belonged to anyone in the first place, its more like ksing.

On a pvp server you get poked/stunned/slept/pked if you do it and I'm guessing that makes people a bit more considerate before they ks someones precious flowers lol.

Some people have their own dig-route and seem to think everything on it belongs to them, thats really annoying to. You dig a few random herbs on your way to FB99 and this guy starts whispering you all pissed of calling you a thief b:shocked

Best solution is using a Veno/Mystic to farm herbs, have pet tank the mob while you dig.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Is your name on it? No?

Then it isn't "yours" and it's free to the first person who digs.

Also, 2 weeks of farming herbs for TT99 axes? lolwut?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    PvP servers.....yeah this isn't a problem <.<....That ***** comes after what you want, Stun lock and kill. No issues ^.^
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SeekerSin - Dreamweaver
    SeekerSin - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Is your name on it? No?

Also, 2 weeks of farming herbs for TT99 axes? lolwut?

Spoken Like a true cash shopper. nuf said
    For a gallant spirit there can never be defeat
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I always laugh at people who think like this.

The mats belong to the person who farms them, and until they are farmed they are free game.
    Killing a mob in no way gives you right to the mat, it only gives you right to the stuf the mob drops (and only for the first half(?) a minute, after which it's everyone's drop).

If it bothers you that much, let them handle the mob.
    Just fly up and the mob resets. After which it will go back to it's spot and attack the person farming the herb (and than as this person goes to kill the mob, you dig the herb).
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    lol read my sig, I haven't spent a dime on this game. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    But I have met those's ppl that seem to think it is ok to pick the mat up when I'm killing for it .

It is ok. The mat does not have your name on it. If it is unharvested, it is open game. Thank you for distracting the mob while I mine it. b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Soira - Raging Tide
    Soira - Raging Tide Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Meh, I've been this situation, and on both sides too.If someone "steals" the herb I want I just get over it and run ahead for the next ones.It'll just respawn in a few minutes anyway.

Also, if I see you killing a mob near the herb I want I might as well assume you're just questing and you don't need that herb.I don't see your name on it and noting (besides a mob) can stop me from getting it.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It's VERY simple...

Farm them on a Sin.

Some random bugger comes to steal your mat, shadow escape and let them have the mob.

While they're fighting it, dig the flowers.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Cry me a river of tears,build a bridge and get over it.

The mat/herb belongs to the person who harvested it, not the person who saw it first.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Is your name on it? No?

Almost all of my gear doesn't have my name on it b:bye
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Almost all of my gear doesn't have my name on it b:bye
    ima take ur gear then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I agree that it's somewhat rude, but your name really isn't on the mat, and it really is still "first come, first mine" as was said...Besides, as was also mentioned, how is someone supposed to know that you're going to mine it, or are simply questing?

That being said, I usually ask, or I sit and watch for a moment, til the person either mines or moves on to the next mob. And, being a veno, I have the advantage of just sending my pet to deal with mobs while I mine, so I don't often get "stolen" from.

Best thing to do is remember that you're not the only person who needs the mats, and just move on and hope to get others.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    People need to just realize that a DQ is probably worth a mat anyway, so just keep killing.

When I was 7x, I would be collecting sub mats, but if someone takes it while I'm killing, they can have it. Whenever I ran into those awkward standoffs where an aggressive mob is near a mat and 2 people got near the mat at the same time, I was the first to attack the mob.

That was back then...DQ is worth even more now.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty