squad
100 fist archer
101 cleric
91 seeker
90 seeker
91 seeker
92 barb

the barb had 14k hp and the seekers 8-10k

Our barb didnt do really anything at all, it was his 1st time. The mobs kind rolled in, awesome for buffs though.
Archer got the ranged mobs with the help of one seeker and other two set up aoe right in front of bb.

stage 6-
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r153/4chan_posters/2011-03-1902-15-22.jpg
Finish-
2011-03-1903-27-45.jpg

Found to keep seeker aoe up at all times need 2.1k mana and lvl 3 mana aura.

im very depressed to say this run went better than most ive had in the past year or longer
Post edited by B_K - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Zankanto - Sanctuary
    Zankanto - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I am never going back to Delta on my BM again, except maybe for BH b:laugh

I AFKed quite alot, mostly to hunt for good :D

This was our very FIRST attempt at Delta too.

20110319012825.png
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Why aren't you guys by the eye?
  • Zankanto - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Why aren't you guys by the eye?

Is it common in Harshlands to be by the eye? In Sanc, most Deltas are done at that area.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah HL and DW. Eye gives a target to set zhen on so it doesn't go out after some mobs die. if you have BM in squad, it's also easier for BM to AoE the eye instead of chasing after mobs all the time.

You guys seem to be on the fake eye tho, was talking about B_K's picture.
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    B_K - Sanctuary Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i think its common because i was once told u dont get bonus beans if u hit the eye to early, not that it mattered to us. but thats the way its been done since i started 1and half+ years ago and i suppose it will go on ._.

we only moved back to keep the boss off the wall, otherwise u can not reach the drops
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited March 2011
    Options
    the eye acts as an aggro puller for the harpy clone. every one of them(and there's many throughout the instance) pokes the mobs with 1 damage. all these eyes are connected to the boss you're protecting, thus why they're drawn to it, and will ignore you entirely if nobody hits them in the paths.

hitting the eye wont make you lose anything, it'll just make setting up for the archers a million times easier.
  • Zankanto - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Another one completed.

No Barb for buffs and mob pulls.
    No BM for buffs, stuns, and HF.
    No Sin for Bloodpaint.
    No Cleric for almost all of Stage 1.
    Just pure DD and *** kicking.

20110321010946.png
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Vortex is indeed powerful.

NICE
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So bye bye wizzies for delta b:cry

gratz for completing delta and thx 4 the nice screenies though
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I wouldn't go so far as to say bye bye to wizzies for delta, buuuut.....yikes. :P
  • _Zanir_ - Heavens Tear
    _Zanir_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    prof wrote: »

hitting the eye wont make you lose anything, it'll just make setting up for the archers a million times easier.

only time setting up on the eye is an issue is if you're in a Rainbow squad, then hitting the eyes will make you lose the bonus beans from NPC. All depends on your squad setup and such. On HT we set up in the path just in front of the eyes to avoid AoEing them and losing bonus.
  • VinnieZ - Raging Tide
    VinnieZ - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Seeker and wizard aoe works best together one is magical one is physical though I think vortex is better in terms of range n dd power?

And seekers just rocks in aoe... period :D
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I wouldn't go so far as to say bye bye to wizzies for delta, buuuut.....yikes. :P

I would. Seekers can solo aoe everything, psychic can aoe faster and mystics/pet aoe have no reduction in damage in delta.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    only time setting up on the eye is an issue is if you're in a Rainbow squad, then hitting the eyes will make you lose the bonus beans from NPC. All depends on your squad setup and such. On HT we set up in the path just in front of the eyes to avoid AoEing them and losing bonus.

What are you talking about? If you haven't gotten the bonus beans, you haven't activated the aura, which means the eye isn't there yet. Unless you just start it w/o getting the bean quest, got beans from the back later, set up aura, then try to get bonus beans later? This is one of those "only tab Glutt at 10% hp or it'll glitch" thing.
  • _Zanir_ - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Options
    There's 3 sets of bonus beans, one when you first enter, one shows up around first boss, and one during first boss of second wave. and yes, if you start RB and AoE the eye, before or after auras are set, you'll still lose bonus. happens quite often here sadly.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What are you talking about? If you haven't gotten the bonus beans, you haven't activated the aura, which means the eye isn't there yet. Unless you just start it w/o getting the bean quest, got beans from the back later, set up aura, then try to get bonus beans later? This is one of those "only tab Glutt at 10% hp or it'll glitch" thing.
    There's 3 sets of bonus beans, one when you first enter, one shows up around first boss, and one during first boss of second wave. and yes, if you start RB and AoE the eye, before or after auras are set, you'll still lose bonus. happens quite often here sadly.

They're correct Okeano. Also i can confirm there was a glitch with Gluttonix for a while. My tabs failed on 3 different characters. It was not actually dependent on Gluttonix's hp, however tabbing at 10% did indeed make it unlikely to fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    They're correct Okeano. Also i can confirm there was a glitch with Gluttonix for a while. My tabs failed on 3 different characters. It was not actually dependent on Gluttonix's hp, however tabbing at 10% did indeed make it unlikely to fail.

I've had it tabbed at 10% HP and failed anyways. As for the beans, I do remember in Gamma when I was able to get more than one set of beans and I was really confused. I made a thread asking about it here but no one replied. I guess now I know why. But I'm pretty sure we hit the eye right after we got the first set of beans tho...
  • _Zanir_ - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If you got the bonus beans after setting AoE on the God's Eye then it was a glitch, we tend to use the bonus beans from Rainbow squad so that we don't have to run/dig during BH RB and squads get really ticked when the inevitable noob runs up and uses an AoE on the eye cuz it causes the NPC to not give anymore beans.

Basically, you can auto attack the God's Eye directly, just no AoE which will hit the Aura bubbles around the Eye itself. Those being hit is what causes the bonus to go away.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    From what I heard there is an invisible mob near where the eye normally is and if you AOE this mob will prevent the bonus bean NPC from respawning. I think its the mob that says "Timer started."

Not that auras matter much these days. The cool thing to do on Sanctuary now is to camp the spawn point and kill the mobs as they spawn. It makes delta go alot faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    From what I heard there is an invisible mob near where the eye normally is and if you AOE this mob will prevent the bonus bean NPC from respawning. I think its the mob that says "Timer started."

Not that auras matter much these days. The cool thing to do on Sanctuary now is to camp the spawn point and kill the mobs as they spawn. It makes delta go alot faster.

Aren't mobs spawning by a fixed timer, so the time of killing them doesnt matter at all?
    And thus all you save is the time the Boss takes to run from spawn to aoe?
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Aren't mobs spawning by a fixed timer, so the time of killing them doesnt matter at all?
    And thus all you save is the time the Boss takes to run from spawn to aoe?

Well there are like 13 bosses, the distance is pretty long so that alone saves like an hour. Plus you don't have to waste any time farming beans :) Full spawn delta takes about 1h40mins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Serafe - Heavens Tear
    Serafe - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I would amend things by saying...

Seekers WITH BLOODPAINT are the best thing for RB Delta :-) I haven't needed BB for Delta yet. w00t.
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    B_K - Sanctuary Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I would amend things by saying...

Seekers WITH BLOODPAINT are the best thing for RB Delta :-) I haven't needed BB for Delta yet. w00t.

oh id love to see screens, its tempting to try. we just noticed though without an archer or something similar its really annoying to get the ranged guys, that or we have one seeker drop, run out behind them and set up vortex. this pushes them into the other seekers waiting (kinda feels like fishing ._.)

but heres some more runs we have been doing

(tried this one with a wizzy 1st, he set up db right away pulled aggro and 1ked like stage 2)

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r153/4chan_posters/2011-04-0703-09-01.jpg

this one we actually lost a seeker on stage 5 or 6, and finished the run 5 man

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r153/4chan_posters/2011-04-0800-26-37.jpg

2 cleric run :O
    http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r153/4chan_posters/2011-04-0902-18-35.jpg
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Seekers WITH BLOODPAINT are the best thing for RB Delta :-)
    I disagree. 1 Mystic (cragglord) with any level attack aura and a well timed hf or sage subsea can basically wipe out a whole wave in less than 20 seconds. That's only with a level 9 cragglord too.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.