Mystic Skills

Options
fye336
fye336 Posts: 5 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Mystic
What skills i need to get, in this order of priority:

1st: skills to be obtained as soon as possible.
2nd: skills that are needed for regardless of type of player you are.
3rd: -
4th: -
5th: skills that are to be left untouched until 85+ with spare spirit and coins.

3rd and 4th priority depends on the type of player, PvE oriented: 3rd > 4th, PvP oriented: 4th > 3rd.

Someone please help-me.

Thanks for attention.
Post edited by fye336 on

Comments

• Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    look into this sticky topic:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1015511
    he gives an opinion on each skill of how important it is to have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • fye336
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I know, but...

I think better for me to organize it that way (in order of priority).

*Virgo perfectionist* :X

Sorry for bad english, i'm from another country.

Edit: another question: The lvl of the skill of the summon increase stats?
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    yes, not only when your character levels up, when you level your summons skill level the stats increase also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fye336
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Uuuuupppppp!
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    Caterpie - Dreamweaver Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It's mainly a matter of personal preference. Just figure out which skills you use the most, and level them accordingly.

Some things to think about when leveling skills though:

- Keep Transference at a level where it fills the MP bar of your lowest MP summon completely. This saves you from wasting uneccesary MP, or having to hit the button again to stop the transference.

- Level Ressurect slowly, according to your MP bar. If you can live with it taking more than half your MP to buff one person, so be it. But it's better to pace it slowly. Mine is personally level 6 right now just because a few levels ago, I was tired of it being level 1 and kept leveling it till I had no more spirit.

- Leveling up summons, imo, should be a priority. At least Devil Chihyu. The others you can pace as you feel fit.

- Punishing Sting does full damage to [?] level bosses, just like normal summons, so it might be a good idea to max it once you start encountering some (or if you like killing squishies in PvP).

- Befuddling Creeper and Spidervine are very nice debuff plants, and should be leveled at a decent pace.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavy Cash Shopping is the difference between understanding simple game mechanics at level 30, or level 101.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i woulda typed something up last night but i was too tired

anywaysss...

leveling your devil summon at least of all pets is the most important. like i said earlier, when you level the skill it helps with their stats as well. the lightning woman isnt too important before 75 because she requires mana to actually deal good DMG. the devil pet can do fine without having mana fed to him. salvation can be held off for awhile too, probably until you start doing more things like TT and FC.

as for attacks, natures vengeance and absorb soul to level 10 have helped me out greatly in my earlier levels. although it may seem like absorb soul takes a lot of MP at 10, its well worth it. swirling mist is another good one to get, its nice to attack a mob with it if u are running around picking drops etc, it can help speed up the process if only your pet is attacking.

bramble tornado deals nice DMG, if you have the skill points to spare you can level this gradually.

Gale Force and Thicket can be leveled on your own terms, of how often you use these skills and AOE monsters.

as for plants, like said previously, punishing sting and befuddling creeper and 2 very good plants to get. spidervine is also important but i dont use it as much, it is good to use if the boss/whatever your killing is hitting hard. other plants can level at your own pace.

get verdant shell to 10 asap, but as for revive, i would just leave it at level 1-3 until you are 75+. the skill literally takes 3,800 MP at 10, and u will need the 75 MP pots when you use this skill.

break in the clouds and falling petals to 10, as soon as you can. along with pet heal. with max pet heal, you usually only need to do 1 heal to fill you pets health.

i havnt gotten around lvling comforting mist yet, because i dont use it. but i think it will be used more often in TT parties or FC, so when you get to around that level it might be good to have it to 10 then.

transference, leave at 1-5 level until 75+, for MP pots again. after 75 having this and the lightning woman at 10, you will be making good DMG i swear to you XD

rapid growth when you have the spare coin/spirit, whenever you want. mines still lvl 1 though and its good at that for now.

cragglord at 1 until you feel you have all the other skills you need the most to 10, then with spare coin/spirit you can start leveling him. hes very powerful though, so very worth it.

i think thats everything, if not, mostly everything. lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fenrina - Heavens Tear
    Fenrina - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Honestly, I'm really starting to think it's a bad idea to level up the summons quickly. I just leveled up Chihyu from Lv3 -> Lv7, and I'm starting to think I'll regret it. Attack when up 80 points, but the mp cost for it's main skill more than doubled (65 to 145). It's skill was the main way for me to boost my kill speed or tank after I cast NV. The extra physical attack doesn't really affect my kill speed. For me, this looks like a bad decision.

I guess time will tell, but I'm really hesitant about upgrading it further until later on. Thankfully, I still have salvation I can use for cheaper mp costs. o.o;;

Edit: It does tank better, that's pretty much the only saving grace for me right now.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    the higher level you are (well, more MP you have actually) the more MP your pet will have too. of course, the MP cost of his skills will still be the same, his MP bar wont decrease as fast. Dont regret leveling him up, remember at level 10 his stun lasts 5 seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    remember at level 10 his stun lasts 5 seconds.

^ This.

If nothing else, max him for the stun. For PvP purposes, I can usually kill arcanes in the duration of this stun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavy Cash Shopping is the difference between understanding simple game mechanics at level 30, or level 101.
  • Fenrina - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm concern about maxing it as soon as possible, not maxing it period.

Obviously it's best after it's maxed, but the stun is almost useless on the normal monsters I deal with right now. For PvP, sure, but not so much for PvE at this stage.
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm concern about maxing it as soon as possible, not maxing it period.

Obviously it's best after it's maxed, but the stun is almost useless on the normal monsters I deal with right now. For PvP, sure, but not so much for PvE at this stage.

I personally just kept him leveled since more damage + better defense means less healing for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fenrina - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I personally just kept him leveled since more damage + better defense means less healing for me.

It's true, the defenses are nice.

The main reason for me to use Chihyu is to keep an enemy occupied long enough for me to finish AS after an NV*. The hope was the higher attack would do that so I wouldn't need to use it's skills. So far, that is not panning out. The additional damage doesn't really help since I kill almost everything with the spells in correct order vs the reverse order I was using with Chihyu before.

*Getting interrupted while having Salvation out is a pain in the neck.
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It's true, the defenses are nice.

The main reason for me to use Chihyu is to keep an enemy occupied long enough for me to finish AS after an NV*. The hope was the higher attack would do that so I wouldn't need to use it's skills. So far, that is not panning out. The additional damage doesn't really help since I kill almost everything with the spells in correct order vs the reverse order I was using with Chihyu before.

*Getting interrupted while having Salvation out is a pain in the neck.

Do what I do when I grind, then. Send your devil to smack one mob to death while you NV>AS another. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fenrina - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Nevermind. I don't think we're reading from the same book, let alone the same page.

@op
    Decide what a given summon is used for in your playstyle. That should be the deciding factor if it's upgraded asap or if you wait.
  • fye336
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i woulda typed something up last night but i was too tired

anywaysss...

leveling your devil summon at least of all pets is the most important. like i said earlier, when you level the skill it helps with their stats as well. the lightning woman isnt too important before 75 because she requires mana to actually deal good DMG. the devil pet can do fine without having mana fed to him. salvation can be held off for awhile too, probably until you start doing more things like TT and FC.

as for attacks, natures vengeance and absorb soul to level 10 have helped me out greatly in my earlier levels. although it may seem like absorb soul takes a lot of MP at 10, its well worth it. swirling mist is another good one to get, its nice to attack a mob with it if u are running around picking drops etc, it can help speed up the process if only your pet is attacking.

bramble tornado deals nice DMG, if you have the skill points to spare you can level this gradually.

Gale Force and Thicket can be leveled on your own terms, of how often you use these skills and AOE monsters.

as for plants, like said previously, punishing sting and befuddling creeper and 2 very good plants to get. spidervine is also important but i dont use it as much, it is good to use if the boss/whatever your killing is hitting hard. other plants can level at your own pace.

get verdant shell to 10 asap, but as for revive, i would just leave it at level 1-3 until you are 75+. the skill literally takes 3,800 MP at 10, and u will need the 75 MP pots when you use this skill.

break in the clouds and falling petals to 10, as soon as you can. along with pet heal. with max pet heal, you usually only need to do 1 heal to fill you pets health.

i havnt gotten around lvling comforting mist yet, because i dont use it. but i think it will be used more often in TT parties or FC, so when you get to around that level it might be good to have it to 10 then.

transference, leave at 1-5 level until 75+, for MP pots again. after 75 having this and the lightning woman at 10, you will be making good DMG i swear to you XD

rapid growth when you have the spare coin/spirit, whenever you want. mines still lvl 1 though and its good at that for now.

cragglord at 1 until you feel you have all the other skills you need the most to 10, then with spare coin/spirit you can start leveling him. hes very powerful though, so very worth it.

i think thats everything, if not, mostly everything. lol.

*O*

I don't have spirit and money to get all this skills at the moment.

I only want to know what skills i should get at the levels 0-19(or 0-29).

Anyway, thanks for help. ^^

Sorry for bad english.

Edit:

My skills now(lvl 19):

Nature's Vengeance lvl. 4
    Break in the Clouds lvl. 3
    Falling Petals lvl. 1
    Ressurect lvl. 1
    Verdant Shell lvl. 2
    Devil Chiyu lvl. 1
    Heal Summon lvl. 3
    Transference lvl.1
    Punishing Sting lvl. 1
    Befuddling Creeper lvl. 1

OBS: i only have ONE attack skill. :/

I'm not sure if I have enough spirit for more skills.