Data pack1 broke?

ItzaBelle - Raging Tide
ItzaBelle - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Support Desk
I just downloaded the game from scratch and I'm getting a message that says:( Data pack (data1.pck) broken. Please re download install files.) Help plz!
Post edited by ItzaBelle - Raging Tide on

Comments

• ozimov
    ozimov Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It's either a corrupt or unfinished file, or it could be an anti virus program false flagging the file; rendering it useless. Feel free to open a ticket with us in tech support so we can investigate further. Meanwhile if you feel like trying to re-download it you may want to use the bit torrent option: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download. Often players find this is a faster solution. If you're uncomfortable with torrents you can try our manual patches which are mirrored on gamefront and filefactory: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87242.

Let me know; I'll be happy to assist you further.

Thanks.
  • ItzaBelle - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    I downloaded the manual patch for data pack 1 and it installed ok but the updating files seems to be taking a long time. Is this normal? Thank you.
  • nanamango
    nanamango Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    b:shocked
    The files are pretttty big.....
  • ItzaBelle - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Its done & working. Thanks
  • GeBe - Lost City
    GeBe - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Dear GM...
    I got some problem like ItzaBelle too, coz when i finished instaled the pwi then i want to install the game 1st i try to veryfy the data to ensure successfull instalation..after finished to verify they say if data.pack1 is broken...
    So next time i try to not verify the file n choose skip..but when the game during instaling till 44% they say if failed to uncompress zip data..n the install process cant to continued..
    Plzzz Help me to fix this problem, i really want my PWI Back...(Cry)
  • christoken48
    christoken48 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Dear GM...
    I got some problem like ItzaBelle too, coz when i finished instaled the pwi then i want to install the game 1st i try to veryfy the data to ensure successfull instalation..after finished to verify they say if data.pack1 is broken...
    So next time i try to not verify the file n choose skip..but when the game during instaling till 44% they say if failed to uncompress zip data..n the install process cant to continued..

I'm having the same problem, please help me
    I lost a lot of time downloading it,i can not really download it again
  • tehspyke678
    tehspyke678 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Dear GM...

Same problem here exactly. My guess is that the actual files are corrupt and the PW staff are trolling us >.>
  • patsybanger
    patsybanger Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Okay this is ****. I just paid 10 bucks a gig to load this game for the wife and i get a message that the data pack is broken? I need a fix for this. It wont load and i sure am not reloading it again at that price