Help Please

chnz786
chnz786 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
I am new to PWI and I need to know how to make a server account, because when I load the game and hit the start button I get to a server login page and I have no idea what to do next.

Please Help
Post edited by chnz786 on

Comments

• Frosette - Sanctuary
    Frosette - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Click on the Server button on the bottom.
    Select the server suited to your timezone.
    Then type in your username and password you use for the forums.
    Click start.
    Create character.
    Member of the Electrum Faction.
    Seeking friends on the Sanctuary Server.
    Characters:
    Zeverick - Male Tideborn Psychic
    Frosette - Female Earthguard Mystic
    Khalitz - Female Elven Cleric
    SmexyFang - Male Untamed Barb
    Suzietta - Female Human Blademaster
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    Faeble - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Take note about the servers:

PVP Server means at lvl 30 you will be put into a Player vs Player/ PK mode that you cannot get out of.
    PVE Server means you have the option at lvl 30 to go into PK or stay safe from players.

Both have their pros and cons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was my fate from birth to make my mark upon this Earth.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You should base your choice of server on whichever ones have the lowest ping time (the smallest MS you see listed when you select the server when logging in) and whether it is PvE (Player versus Environment) or PvP (Player versus Player). If the ping times are fairly similar for you, then the time zone the servers are in may be a factor as well.

The servers are:
    Lost City - This is a West Coast PvP server.
    Heaven's Tear - This is a West Coast PvE server.
    Sanctuary - This is a West Coast PvE server.
    Archosaur - This is a West Coast PvE server.
    Harshlands - This is an East Coast PvP server.
    Dreamweaver - This is an East Coast PvE server.
    Raging Tide - This is an East Coast PvE server.

On PvP servers, once you reach level 30 then anyone can attack your character and you can attack anyone else. On PvE servers, players normally can only attack each other if they go into PK (Player Killing) mode, which lasts for 10 hours minimum. (There are still a few areas, such as some rooms in the Cube of Fate, in which PK is always enabled.)

The East Coast servers are on Eastern time (EST or EDT, UTC -5 or -4, respectively) and the West Coast servers are on Pacific time (PST or PDT, UTC -8 or -7). A lot of events on PWI happen in the evening (8:50 PM - midnight), server time, so if the ping times are about the same you might want to choose based on which coast's time zone works better for you.

For more information on the servers, see the Servers entry in the PWI wiki.

Oh, and if you can't see the "Create" button, then it's off the bottom of your screen. You can fix that either by going to windowed mode and making your window taller, or you can see this thread for a little tweak that should scale the UI to make those buttons visible for you.

Have fun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • rider2011
    rider2011 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I need to know what the price of zen isw since their isn't one I looked and only found the price of gold so if anyone can help me out with that I would be greatful
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    100 Zen = 1 gold. Always.

Zen is what you buy out of game, that then converts into Gold when transfered into PWI. So, actually, knowing Gold prices tells you what Zen prices are, too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09