Tiger packs: to buy or not to buy

trololololololll
trololololololll Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
I have 28m im wondering if its worth gambling away. 97% of the time tokens come out, but for the other 3% im wondering if overall id make money or lose em.

anybody give me some help?
Post edited by trololololololll on

Comments

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    After opening around 240 packs and getting **** (2 tobls and a tiger) I'd say no. They're pretty much designed for you to lose money, lol. But if you're feeling lucky and won't hate yourself for potentially wasting 28m, go for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Do it. I'd like to know how it pans out b:chuckle
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    btw I opened 10 and got a champ scroll. That's not even a joke.

Hope that helped you make a decision b:pleased
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Assuming the odds on pwdatabase are correct, you can simply calculate whether it is beneficial to open them at current gold prices. You'd have to accurately guess most of the prices for the items though, which would largely depend on your ability to sell them well.

You'll prolly not quite break even over the long run, but since you're unlikely to be able to open up enough packs to get close to that point,
    you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
  • HeartandSoul - Heavens Tear
    HeartandSoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I opened 50 today got 1 best luck and 1 hp charm b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to nowitsawn for the epic sigb:cute
    b:heart Madly in love with Dorset b:heart
    Watching - Bring me to my knees
    Waiting - I am your disease
    Lover - set my symptom free
    Covered - You can't love me
    This is the virus, the virus of life
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I was given a pack as a gift... I got a Plat MP charm out of it. b:victory Friggin best luck ever.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I opened one pack before server shut down, I got a Diamond of Tiger. I nearly shat my pants.
    I opened another pack before server shut down, i got 15 Tokens.

Really it's just how lucky you feel.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • psicho69
    psicho69 Posts: 142
    edited March 2011
    I don't know if its worth it or not.....its hard to say. I spent 15mil on packs last night and ended up with 70mil......then spent that 70mil on packs and well went broke b:cry
    So if you know how to quit when your ahead it might be worth it.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Best thing I do is sell packs, then buy the tokens that the person got, or TOBL, then have them continue recycling within your shop to make epic profit. b:victory
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Meatbunz - Archosaur
    Meatbunz - Archosaur Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Long term packs will always cause you to break even @ best and most likely make you lose tons of cash.

Better off selling packs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prophetofman
    prophetofman Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    go for the gear its more useful to you than coins and dont make the mistake i made of spending all money on packs getting an aps cape and then forgeing it and finding out its untradeable. i mean its like a 20-40mil cape on my server ... and you know if i wasnt a
    wizard id be happy to have it lmao. but since im stuck with my mistake ill be wearing that cape , VisionOnKeen - arch servers first aps wizard. and after that i bought 5 tiger packs in the first pack was the helm scroll , i got that -3channeling on ma wiz asap ^^ and the other 4 was tokens. but money comes and goes you need to try and grab the tiger packs gear before it goes up in price and you end up havin to pay alot more for it. but if i had 28mil id probly stand next to a shop and buy 1 at a time and open 1 at a time so i know when ive spent enough money and got no reward...
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    use that money to buy gold and buy packs and then RESELL pack. Rinse and repeat and u will double your profit....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    SILENCE!~!

Now buy my packs.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty