How long does it actually take to get started?

kmullin211984
kmullin211984 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hey Guys,
I'm new here, and just wondering how long it takes to get this game rolling. I'm level 7 now. I've noticed a lot of stuff starts around level 20, so I'm assuming that is when the fun will start? There seems to be a lot of low level grinding. And the servers are quiet. Not that I'm complaining or anything. I've just heard a lot of good things about PW and I'm wondering when the fun will begin lol.
Post edited by kmullin211984 on

Comments

• Kyrozoan - Sanctuary
    Kyrozoan - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    it really depends on what server you are in, sactuary, heavens tear, and lost city are highly active. It really depends on what you like, but id say this game starts getting funner around the upper 70s where you have a greater range of stuff to do, like tw, pk, fcc, rb gamma, tt, etc. Leveling in this game isnt too hard once you get to lvl30 and have access to a quest called crazy stone which gives a good ammount of exp at your lvl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kyrozoan:84:Barb
    MagicWaffle:73:Wizard
  • Frosette - Sanctuary
    Frosette - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sounds about right.
    Good stuff really doesn't happen till you are of higher lvls just because in lower lvls you are still building up your character, familiarizing yourself with the areas/skills etc. I'll say around 60+ just to be safe. But yeah this is a game based on lots of grinding, you're never out of quests. When you get tired of doing quests, just chill in Archosaur ;D

Well that's my take. I don't know if that will help answer you though.
    Also being in a faction helps. ^.^ Have fun in game! And servers are usually busy. Beginning areas probably not but in the main cities, they usually are. Maybe you're in one of the newer
    servers which is why it isn't as busy but the ones I have been in are quite active.

Also what Kyrozoan said lol. -was typing this when they replied-
    Member of the Electrum Faction.
    Seeking friends on the Sanctuary Server.
    Characters:
    Zeverick - Male Tideborn Psychic
    Frosette - Female Earthguard Mystic
    Khalitz - Female Elven Cleric
    SmexyFang - Male Untamed Barb
    Suzietta - Female Human Blademaster
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'd actually say it starts at 40, when you get your first BH.

Running into a dungeon with a group of similar level, beating up a boss that used to be scary? Now that's fun. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    Faeble - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Running into a dungeon with a group of similar level, beating up a boss that used to be scary? Now that's fun. b:chuckle

+1

BH at 40 was my favorite thing <3
    Hell, was easy too, doing the 3 BHs (I stacked) + CS once a day would level you up.

Honestly, depends what you like. For me, I love helping people, so the higher I get, the more I can help, the more fun I have. And always fun to run things in groups/teams with people you enjoy being with. Like BH and FF. Every 10 levels or so you get something new.

Lvl 30 starts Crazy Stone (And pk but if you are on a pve server, I recommend waiting, if on a pvp server, you have no choice haha)
    40 BH Begins <3 <-- loved bh29
    50 New BH
    60 Another BH <3 <-- I enjoyed the BH51
    70 starts world quest, new bh, new world (Old Heaven's Tear)
    80 starts FF, new bh
    90 you are now demon/sage, new bh, new world (Heaven and Hell)
    100 Nirvana, new bh
    105 You win! (You have made it to the end and deserve a cookie)b:chuckle

If I forgot something, forgive me? I know RB is in there somewhere, but people rarely do them anymore, I want to say that's more toward a 100's thing. But in case I'm wrong xD I'll leave it out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was my fate from birth to make my mark upon this Earth.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Yup, I totally agree with this.

Levels 1-39 are a good time to learn your skills, but at level 40 you start to learn teamwork with the BHs (Bounty Hunter quests), and you really start to meet some interesting people in squads (good and bad). If you've put in the time to learn your skills, then when the BHs come around you'll be one of the good people to know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)