Windows Firewall/Installation Issues

kmullin211984
kmullin211984 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Support Desk
Hi everyone,
I have downloaded Perfect World to my computer. I'm running Windows XP, but whenever I try to install the game, it only installs to 99% and then I get an error saying "Unable to Create PerfectWorld/Perfect World International" or something like that. So then it totally shuts down. I've been browsing the forum and have found others that have had the same issue. I've tried installing the program with a non-admin account, I've disabled my firewalls. Another question on the firewalls because I think if I could figure this out I'd be good to go. I know people have posted about adding exceptions for certain programs and also adding exceptions for folders, but how the heck are you supposed to add an exception for a program/folder that isn't even installed yet? When I go to the firewall exceptions, perfect world is not listed there as a program to add an exception to, and when I click browse, I can find the folder but when I hit OK to add it to the list of excepted programs, it doesn't let me do it, and nothing appears in the dropdown box for me to select. I've even tried copying and pasting. I've also tried both .exe files and have also searched under "all files". I'm not quite sure how to disable my anti-virus as I have the free version of AVG. Am I missing something? Can someone please help me? And also, would it matter that I have Battle of the Immortals installed, since that is another PWE game? Thank you!
Post edited by kmullin211984 on

Comments