The trouble with sins.

Lich_Man - Lost City
Lich_Man - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Suggestion Box
I put a post on pvp pondering so I'm going to put it here as well in it's own thread.

The ONLY good aspect of this game in terms of gameplay are TW, PvP, and pvp related events. Admittedly there a few pve things but they're mostly events. Everything players do in the game is to help them out with pvp. Because truly PvE sucks in this game. Here's what pve amounts to in this game: Kill this mob or collect this item. It might have been better if there were more to dimension to fighting the mobs. But it isn't, you can make the skill animations as pretty as you like but if the fighting isn't good to begin with then it'll only make the gameplay hollow. Now the only way this fighting is ever even fun is when you enter into pvp. Now if the pve were more satisfying then this game would be considered a little more than a pvp game. But that's not the case. So people look forward to pvp, so the classes have to be balanced to some degree. Now when you have a 5aps class that can kill ANY of the classes in the game without a second look back. When a player can absolutely do nothing to defend themselves, even the toughest class you have can do nothing to defend itself, then your game has serious problems. Then some players have some reasonable complaints about this then you won't even budge an inch. The only way past sins is to constantly remain in a team on pvp and never leave, role a seeker who can't do anything in one on one from what's been seen so far, or spend excruciating hours building a psy just in order to counter a sin, or just role a sin yourself. Now it might be a good idea to make it where other players can actually play other classes and once more enjoy it. All it would take is some slight tweeks to the game to balance out just ONE class.

Now the one of the main reasons that there is complaints against this is there are sin players reverse-whining because they don't want to lose their quote on quote feeling of "invincibility." Eventually you're going to lose a crapload of players over this. Because this is extremely vexing to the rest of us.
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________

Ps: GMs you might find this helpful. No disrespect. This just to me sums up everything to me about sin problem.