Updating Old Classes!

Obolisk - Heavens Tear
Obolisk - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
I have been playing pwi for years, and i am really upset with all the expansion and updates of new classes........no one saw it fit that old classes need some brush up on skills/abilities. Why the hell mystic are able to knock back in duel and psy and wizards are unable to do such thing. This is madness......is it then they want us to abandon old chars and flood the servers with new chars only. Ridiculous. I so love playing my wizard among the other chars i have and it pains me to see the quality of a wizard being diminish since a psy can practically out class a wizard and not to mention mystics now with are alot more durable than a wizard with skills that increase physical defense level.

Your making a mockery or the classes i have grown to love and play.

I would think in any software development, with the introductory of a new software it should be able work with existing software in a balance and efficient way, That is totally thrown out the window.

I can just image if another new race is introduce into the game since there is more land space on the map to take up in the distant future, these old classes that made pwi what it is will just be left in dark and never to be seen again.

SO upset at you guys.b:angry
Post edited by Obolisk - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This is madness......

NO! THIS! IS! SPARTAAAAb:angry
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • codeq
    codeq Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Same i think old classes should be updated. I duled seeker he was easy to beat maybe because he **** with seeker, but mystic i just can't beat them this out rage!!
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    What class and level are you, what level was the seeker? what level is the mystic?

If you know how to play your class, defeating another isn't really impossible (in most cases)

Also yea the older classes do need updating, but somewhere along the lines, the devs in bejing cant be bothered, as simple as that really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Seekers are easy to fight o.o; stun lock em, they have no way to stop em unless they pot. Mystics are just like anyother magic class to be as far as i know, havent really fought one 1v1 yet.
  • Phantom_Mage - Lost City
    Phantom_Mage - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Updating the new classes would be nice. In Mountain's seize, it says in the skill description 'summons a massive Builder, this should be fixed to Boulder.

P.S. You should attach a poll.
  • Phantom_Mage - Lost City
    Phantom_Mage - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Seekers are easy to fight o.o; stun lock em, they have no way to stop em unless they pot. Mystics are just like anyother magic class to be as far as i know, havent really fought one 1v1 yet.

That doesn't really work, except maybe in the higher levels. On my level 48 sin(charmed), I attacked a level 40 Seeker(charmed). We fought for several minutes with neither being able gain an advantage, so in the end we just stopped fighting.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Updating the new classes would be nice. In Mountain's seize, it says in the skill description 'summons a massive Builder, this should be fixed to Boulder.

P.S. You should attach a poll.

As long as it is not a massive Bieb... Okay, enough with the dumb jokes.
    To return to the subject, many people expressed the wish that old classes get revamped, in terms of character models and animation (check the poll by Kyna in the suggestions section:

But it is true that some skill tweaking would be nice as well.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    An assassins true power doesnt start showing untill much later then 48, once you get some decent gear/weapon o.o most HA wont bother ya to much
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It's not that the devs in china can't be bothered to update the old classes, it's just that they simply can't.

The original devs don't work for PW anymore, and the newer ones don't have access to the old code.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    NO! THIS! IS! SPARTAAAAb:angry

i know this joke is hella old but i giggled anyway

+1.
  • Ursadonus - Sanctuary
    Ursadonus - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    +1000

for 2 years the old classes are exactly the same..
    every MMO i played did major changes at every expansion ..pwi doesn't seem to know how to change stuff ..only to add new things(even tho incomplete ...79 / 100 skills still not added to
    EG race even if ppl reached 100 on their mystics/seekers)

@the builder / boulder example u can add a lot more typos ingame which haven't been corrected for soooooo long that ppl now take for granted
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It's not that the devs in china can't be bothered to update the old classes, it's just that they simply can't.

The original devs don't work for PW anymore, and the newer ones don't have access to the old code.

How you so sure about that though? I mean, even private server owners have the ability to at-least do so much as edit the skill effects, I've seen some nice effects on some of the servers I've checked out to say the least, but there's that and the fact that if we can do so much as edit the ini files to give the *new* eye's to the old classes and hair etc, then I'd be puzzled as into why they cant use the old code, unless its a legal thing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • turg14
    turg14 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    They just want to make us relative weaker and then they make us buy things at the cash shop with the stupid idea of trying to reach new classes.

Example:

Problem: Veno's pets arent available to recieve bramble shield.

Cash Shop Solution: Reflect skill on baby hercs. b:angry
  • Faisk - Heavens Tear
    Faisk - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    no! This! Is! Spartaaaab:angry

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*insert something clever here*
  • Pvp_watcher - Harshlands
    Pvp_watcher - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I would love to be able to heal veno and mystic pets. Gah, I feel so useless when a pet is a tank and surprised the team doesn't kick me. b:cry