Please help

setharael
setharael Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Firstly I would like to apologise if this has been asked before and it really isn't that I'm being lazy, I just have very little time to search through all of the forum to see if my question has been asked before.

But is there a way that me (based in England) and my Fiance (based in the US) are able to play together?

We have both downloaded the game, both entered the same server (Heavens tears I think it was) and despite both standing beside the same NPC couldn't see each other.

We downloaded the game in order to have a way to spend some time together whilst we are apart we really want to play here but we want to do so together.

Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance
Post edited by setharael on

Comments

• _HealzYou - Archosaur
    _HealzYou - Archosaur Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    setharael wrote: »
    Firstly I would like to apologise if this has been asked before and it really isn't that I'm being lazy, I just have very little time to search through all of the forum to see if my question has been asked before.

But is there a way that me (based in England) and my Fiance (based in the US) are able to play together?

We have both downloaded the game, both entered the same server (Heavens tears I think it was) and despite both standing beside the same NPC couldn't see each other.

We downloaded the game in order to have a way to spend some time together whilst we are apart we really want to play here but we want to do so together.

Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance

It could be possible that you may have pressed on the "Best-Peformance" button. Which runs the game at your computers best peformance, If not, it does happn to me, when i log into Archosaur sometimes. I see peoples faction names but not the character and username of that person(s).
    Press "U" When you enter the game. It should bring up a box with some options in it. > Click on "UI" then find where it says distance, Change the distance (make it higher). > Click apply/confirm b:pleased
    I hope this helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Kitties will rule the world one day!"
  • Neldth - Heavens Tear
    Neldth - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hey, I know what your talking about and yeah, you can play together. As long as your both on Heaven's Tear, it won't be an issue. Check your best performance, and also while in-game press "T" on the keyboard, look for the bar that says next to it "Invite" or along those lines, and simply type in her in-game name and hit Enter, it'll send her a squad invitation so you can chat in private and you'll be able to see where you are on the map. Also, if you haven't already that is, press the "F" key on your keyboard and click the "Add" button, once again type her name in and hit Enter. It'll send her an add friend request where she'll be able to accept it and than give her the option to add you too, which you'll also receive a request for, so you'll be able to see when your both online.

Note: There is a glitch that tends to happen in the West District of Archosaur that when logging in, or even running there, some people you might not be able to see due to strain on the client from so many people being in the same area, to fix this all thats needed really is to re-log and you should be able to see her, or just teleport to say, City of the Lost and have her tele there after you.

Also, I'm on the same server, and if your new to the game (a low level), and need help just PM me in-game. I have a character for just about any situation, cleric, barb, and my Archer. If you need something or want to ask a question just whisper Neldth, and if I'm not on there chances are I'm on my new seeker Canecus.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Double-check to make sure you're both on the same server.

Also, you being in the UK, I might recommend playing on an East Coast server, rather than a West Coast server, like Heaven's Tear.

If you need help choosing a server to play on, I'd recommend reading the Servers entry in the PWI wiki. That page lists the differences between the servers so you can choose one that best suits you both.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)