How do you Decompose?

bananapudding
bananapudding Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2011 in The Crafting Nook
okay, I know, it's prob a dumb question, but I just can't figure this out and would like to keep my hair.... Here's a pic: what's wrong with it? Why the heck can't I decompose this low level gear that I just repaired? and yes, this is the right Npc....

decomproblem.jpg

(sorry, you'll have to click the link, thread doesn't like the img tags)

b:cry
Post edited by bananapudding on

Comments

• Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    okay, I know, it's prob a dumb question, but I just can't figure this out and would like to keep my hair.... Here's a pic: what's wrong with it? Why the heck can't I decompose this low level weapon that I just repaired? and yes, this is the right Npc....

decomproblem.jpg

(sorry, you'll have to click the link, thread doesn't like the img tags)

b:cry

first of all those are leggins not a wep..

second, gear that low cant be decomposed, the only stuff worth decompsing are 2 star gear anyways.
    1 star barley gives u any chi stones and 3 star costs $ to decomp making it worthless. 2 star is the only real profit.
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • bananapudding
    edited March 2011
    first of all those are leggins not a wep..

second, gear that low cant be decomposed, the only stuff worth decompsing are 2 star gear anyways.
    1 star barley gives u any chi stones and 3 star costs $ to decomp making it worthless. 2 star is the only real profit.

Yeah, sorry about that, changed "weapon" to "gear". I'm at the tailor by the way.

Okay, so what lvl items can I start decomposing? I also tried to decompose a lvl 3 sword at the blacksmith, same thing happened...was told all I had to do was repair it and that didn't work.

If someone would post the rules to decomposing, that'd be a great help.
  • KasTheSeeker - Dreamweaver
    KasTheSeeker - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    As far as I know:

- The item has to be fully repaired

- You need a Manufacturing skill

- You need to use the correct NPC

- It has to be a decomposable item
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I owned you years ago ↑
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • bananapudding
    edited March 2011
    I think I got it, lols, I just needed one more day to figure it out b:chuckle
    I managed to decompose a level 2-2star item, so I'll probably just stick to 2 stars like furries said. Sorry for the hassle and thanks b:thanks
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'm probably going to get a Necro flame, but I just have to clear this up:

All gear have two "Level" attributes: The Level associated with the GRADE of the gear and the Level associated with the Required Character Level to USE the item. (Yeah, they should use Grade and Level instead of Level and Required Level, but hey.)

Any item that is Grade Level 1 cannot be decomposed (at least, I have never seen one).

Starting at Grade Level 2 (so about Required Character Level 5) you can decompose items to get Chi stones. Each Grade Level above 3 creates chi stones of a higher level. So, you get Yiyuan stones from Grade 2 & 3 items, Liangyi stones from Grade 4 items and so on.

While 2-star items give you the best return, 1-star items are still worth it depending on your chi-stone needs. If you are just feeding your genie or mount, then buy perfect stones (currently about 700-950 coins each) as you get the greatest stamina increase for the lowest number of coins. For quests, weapon repair, runes etc, making the chi stones of the required level is probably cheaper than buying them, however you have to keep your Tailor, Blacksmith and Craftsman skills up too.

3-star items are a bit tricky, because while you have to pay a premium to get the Mirage Stones out of the 3-star gear, the total cost (gear value + premium) is SOMETIMES less than the cost of buying the Mirage Stones. You have to watch the value and the Mirage Stone market, as it is usually a wash, or even slightly cheaper to sell the 3-star item to an NPC and buy the Mirage Stones from a Catshop. If you continually decompose 3-star items, you will likely lose out in the end, however there are some cases where it is worth it.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck!
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."