Problem to stay alive in frost !

HaveanLight - Heavens Tear
HaveanLight - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Cleric
I get some problem to stay alive in frost run ..b:angry

I always die with the second boss " Diabolic Shocktrooper" .This boss hate me to death ...b:shocked
I remember this boss cast 2 purple Bubble on me in a row , in this case , i used a Tree of protection lvl 10 for the first cast, and i remember also i use one Hp pot (lvl70 or 80)before it cast the 2nd one , the result still i die ......
I have go through the forum and see some thread about it .. some said to use Tree Of Protection or 2nd Wind both max lvl and other said to put the squad contently under IronHeart Blessing (cleric skill), including myself .....

This boss is water element right ? The icon when u are in bubble is like the same as when U are taking water damage overtime ?

If i switch gear to increase my water resistance "Use gear with only 3 elements including water element plus imbue with water resistance (Amethyst shard)..
Will this decrease the damage taken overtime ?

OR

Use Oxygen Bubble( Genie skill LVL 10 ) to make immune those damage during the bubble?

Energy 80
Stamina 500
Instant
Cooldown 30 seconds
Requisite Class All

A protective bubble formed from the element of Water.
Makes you immune to Water damage and anti-Water effects for 7.0 seconds.
Requires at least 80 Energy to use.( quote from ecatomb)

All of the 2 , i assume that the purple bubble give water damage .

Any other suggestion to stay alive at this boss ( don;t tell me to use Hp charm , i don"t have one and it's too expensive for me )b:embarrass

Thx in advance
P.s : My hp is 3.1k , (unbuff)
Dot...Dot...dots....dots... b:shocked
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
X
We
Are
Reality
X
**** QUIT PWI BECAUSE NEW HORIZON EXPANSION SUCKS ****
Post edited by HaveanLight - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Arania - Lost City
    Arania - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    There are a few suggestions for getting through this boss -I know it's a pain in the *** at your level-.

1) You are right in using tree of protection. In addition, acquire absolute domain to the highest level that you can. When your HP is becoming low, hit this skill and at level 10 you will become immune to damage for 4 seconds.

2) While keeping your other party members purified/healed, try to keep yourself ironhearted as well. If you have a heal over time cast on you before the bubble pops, you should be okay.

3) Cast plume shield on yourself whenever possible. This should absorb some of the damage.

4) Dew of God Protection pots can be your savior as well. One of my personal favorite low level pots. It absorbs 3000 damage over 30 seconds. Make it with 20 red berry and 15 black henbane.

This was always my least favorite boss when I did frost, so I can understand your frustration. I hope these suggestions help! Good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    how about use a cheap bronze charm? :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • HaveanLight - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    There are a few suggestions for getting through this boss -I know it's a pain in the *** at your level-.

1) You are right in using tree of protection. In addition, acquire absolute domain to the highest level that you can. When your HP is becoming low, hit this skill and at level 10 you will become immune to damage for 4 seconds.

2) While keeping your other party members purified/healed, try to keep yourself ironhearted as well. If you have a heal over time cast on you before the bubble pops, you should be okay.

3) Cast plume shield on yourself whenever possible. This should absorb some of the damage.

4) Dew of God Protection pots can be your savior as well. One of my personal favorite low level pots. It absorbs 3000 damage over 30 seconds. Make it with 20 red berry and 15 black henbane.

This was always my least favorite boss when I did frost, so I can understand your frustration. I hope these suggestions help! Good luck!

For No3 : The purple bubble is this a physical atk or a magic or both ?? because as i know Plume shell absorb only physical atk ? OR do u mean the other shield "Wing Of Protection"(lvl79 skill) ?

This a bit difficult for me but thx anyway b:thanks
    how about use a cheap bronze charm? :o

Hmm m , fuunyb:laugh, im the poorest cleric in this server b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    X
    We
    Are
    Reality
    X
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Back there I was using second wind on str genie, it made me survive, but all what you mentioned seem like a good idea. And if you happen to have a wizard or psy in squad, just ask them to heal you. Plume shell does not help there I think.
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    this is very simple...

heal tank a few times..

ih urself for the next 10 seconds

puri anyone who gets bubbled, wellspring...

stack tank a few times with ih

ih urself for the next 5-8 seconds

unless ur mag atk sucks, u wont ever even need to top/sw nor will u need the heals from a wiz or psy

shocktrooper should not be any trouble for u
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    What's your HP unbuffed and buffed? If you get something aroung 4k HP buffed you should be able to survive 2 bubbles is a row if you stack IH and use genie heal skills.

Also if there's wizzies or psys on the squad, ask them to heal you everytime you get bubbled.

And final, the 79 skill Wings of Protection works on bubble. I haven't tested plume shell myself, but I'm 100% sure WoP will protect you from beign harmed by bubble.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silverish - Sanctuary
    Silverish - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ask a wiz to heal u when u r bubbled

they're pro as a backup healer :D
  • Saving_Grace - Raging Tide
    Saving_Grace - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    That one is actually my favorite boss. The only thing that is fun to do in there (along with stealing half done pulls form barb b:chuckle )

If you're in your TT90 gear, you should have roughly 10k ele.res. So to additionally boost your WT res. makes no sense, as you need to take it up to 15k for another 5% of damage reduction. You'll spend few millions trying to pull that one off, and you'll find out (just like I did) that it's not worth it at all.

Bubble is not WT dmg anyway. It's pure physical (at least it seems so after few weeks of testing stuff).
    EDIT: It came to my knowledge that this was a wrong assumption. I've conducted some tests there and it turned out Bubble deals WT DAMAGE over time. I apologize for inconvenience I might have caused with this fail info.

Plume Shell, Guardian Light and Wings of Protection all seem to NOT work with damage over time. And Purple bubble is exactly that, DoT. I tested this on countless mobs, elite mobs and bosses. Same numbers pop out of me as I recieve physical, WD or Fire DoT and no mana is lost (referring to Plume Shell). Also in addition to that, Defense Lev also seems to be bypassed by DoT. But still need some testing there, as so far I've only been using that Def. Bless box from daily attendance rewards, and WD DoT I had stacked on me up to 1500 per second, from my level mob, numbers are not changing as I take off and put blessing back on.

So how to survive...
    The best advice here seen and only one that worked for me is that IH plan. I 2xIH me as soon as I drop down RB, then 2xIH on tank. Rinse and repeat... Two on you, two on whoever has stolen aggro in the meantime :P This chain you only interrupt when you see someone cursed, that needs your Puri. A word of advice there, lock your eyes on squad list, actually on buffs shown there, and from HP bars there you can figure who is tanking. Select teammates from there, not by clicking on their avatars.. ... ...
    Make sure you have (I think) 50 points in your Genie's Mag atribute, so it regenerates 2 points of energy per second, meaning you can use Second Wind sooner again. Put enough points into Str. atribute, so Second Wind will heal you to full. After you have all that, lock your eyes on your HP while in bubble. Don't kick in Second Wind until you're about to die, LITERALLY. Use it just before that last bubble tick which would have you drop dead. Additionally, spam your HP pot or Crabs, and hold your IH key down you that you would drink/eat/cast it as soon as bubble wares off. Cast 2 or 3 IHs if you have time. Cast Chrono heal if more then 1 teammate has less then 100% of HP.
    And ofc, Mage, Psy, and recently Myst can aid you there too.
    I died only first few times there, and never again after I started doing all that I wrote here. But, fully buffed at lev 90 I had 4500 HP and 4k Pdef.
    PS. You should try to participate in some events that give Event Gold as a reward. You can get bronze charm for only 7 Event Gold. And it's more then enough for a week for 3xFC runs per day. (If you do your best to not get hit when not necessary, and don't go saving your crabs.)
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    DoT is determinated by your defenses at the moment of hit (first hit, not every particular tick). I would be very surprised if you proved that the purple bubble is physical. Because, purple bubble in heavy armor hurts me much more than in my arcane on cleric.
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hmmmmm...I've never bothered to IH my cleric in there but then again she borrows about 5 of 9 of my veno's gear which is pdef/vit oriented along with usually being charmed but unbuffed her hp is over 5k and buffed over 7k due to the veno's gear. Her HP rarely hits 50% with the bubbles on that boss. I tend to swap to her +vit gear during that boss if I've had the channeling gear on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saving_Grace - Raging Tide
    Saving_Grace - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    DoT is determinated by your defenses at the moment of hit (first hit, not every particular tick). I would be very surprised if you proved that the purple bubble is physical. Because, purple bubble in heavy armor hurts me much more than in my arcane on cleric.

I apologize for my poor choice of words that led to believe I was convinced of that damage type. The truth is, I lost some high p.def modifiers with gear in PK, and soon got some cheap three-stars chest and pants just to get me through until I complete TT90, and later on r6. So due to all those changes within two weeks I made what turned out to be a wrong assumption.
    I made some serious testing this time. Took my wizard in there. Changed Glacial Embrace and Stone Barrier several times. As I kept my eyes on damage poping out, I've noticed small difference in favour of your statement. Bubble is WT type of damage, no doubt there! :D
    Thanks for correcting me and sharing knowledge, I really appreciate it ;)
    I'll add new data to my previous post, to avoid any further confusion.
  • Crit_Heal - Dreamweaver
    Crit_Heal - Dreamweaver Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I use squad heal only, and between squadheals I IH myself, never died on this boss, so I guess its the easy way...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Im a troll ;..;b:cute
  • Healladiin - Harshlands
    Healladiin - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Everyone who has posted here has brought up valid points and the best thing to do that will keep you alive during Diabolic Shocktrooper is to simply have a wizzy or psy in the squad to heal when he puts his dastardly bubble on you.
    Another option is bring a Venomancer or even mystic on the run as well as the Shocktrooper seems to love to bubble Veno's pet and may well bubble The Devil Chiyu of a Mystic as well. In the runs I've been on with herc venos Shocktrooper hasn't put the bubble on me more than once which made his attack really easy to survive.
    I understand your point about not wanting to be hp charmed just to go on fc.
    If the DD's and sometimes even the barb aren't using hp charms in fc, then why should you or any other cleric have to go out of their way to buy an hp charm to cover for the lack of backup healers in fc? It's your money. Don't let other people tell you how to spend it. The people you squad with should just get used to running with only one sin on the squad. Clerics shouldn't be the one's paying the price for too many sins in the game.
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    firstly no cleric need an hp charm or even a backup healer if they are stacking their own self for this boss and occasional puri and ws/ih/chrome then back to healing self again... its really that easy

outside of bubble dmg shocktrooper hit with regular water dmg which doesnt kill fast at all and only hit the person tanking

secondly if veno or mystic pet is tanking then the pet not getting bubbled... whoever is tanking never ever gets bubbled unless they r doing it solo... adding a pet only helps bcuz it adds another random target thus decrease the probability that cleric gets bubbled
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I've been having the same problem as well. Normally if he dose that Occult Ice/ Water Dot on m I use Second Wind right before the DoT kills me but after that he can kill me with that move at anytime while Second Wind is at cooldown, like the OP don't have money for a charm and most of the time I'm too focus on healing the tanker instead of myself, so I was wondering what suggestions you may have for me to deal with this issue. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Hmm m , fuunyb:laugh, im the poorest cleric in this server b:surrender

Then stop fcing like a noob and go do some tts. If you're dying to him at level 92 then your gear must be terrible. I wouldn't be surprised if youre still rocking tt60 >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
    edited March 2011
    Then stop fcing like a noob and go do some tts. If you're dying to him at level 92 then your gear must be terrible. I wouldn't be surprised if youre still rocking tt60 >.>

i was like lvl 87 when i posted this thread
    and also many thing changed , im rich now b:chuckle
    Also thx for treating me "noob" b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    X
    We
    Are
    Reality
    X
  • AntiSacer - Dreamweaver
    AntiSacer - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You must be quick and stack 2 IH on the tank and 2 on you before the pokeball hit.
    it lasts for 10s if im right. The 2 IH will hold your HP very well. Didn't know about it, but the Genie stuff said above is freakingly very welcome tips :D

Edit: I used to cast a self Purify just before being silenced and it worked once. I got sealed but it didn't interrupt the purify which purified the silence (Lag Luck I think). So, now Im gotta have 2 Genies, because that tips will come very handy.
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i was like lvl 87 when i posted this thread
    and also many thing changed , im rich now b:chuckle
    Also thx for treating me "noob" b:laugh

87 is no better. And I can't understand anything else you said because your english is terrible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
    edited March 2011
    nvm lol if u don"t understand b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    X
    We
    Are
    Reality