Assassin Killers?

Options
LastHero - Raging Tide
LastHero - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Seeker
I read around the forums and it said Edged blur attacks and reaveals stealthed Assassins, anybody wanna confirm on that?
Post edited by LastHero - Raging Tide on

Comments

• vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeps works,
  • Cadeal - Dreamweaver
    Cadeal - Dreamweaver Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Run, fear, hide in your oceans again. This world isnt yours anymore *overdramatic thunder clap*

Or dont.

Either way yes we can attack you while stunned, and knock you out of stealth, steal your buffs, give you our negative status, and attack as fast as a sin can with our skills. Enjoy your paranoia! :D
  • ThanosQRs - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRs - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    true

/inb4qq
  • DaichiOni - Dreamweaver
    DaichiOni - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    true

/inb4qq

Hyper FC baby
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shaqua - Dreamweaver
    Shaqua - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    To reveal a sin dont you need to know its around?

And if you know is it a area spell? and how big is that area?
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yes, only works with a small range though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    2 spark skil which lasts for 12 seconds and has a short range.

You have to know there is a sin nearby or your just wasting your sparks (will be good in TW when you know there is a sin on the lane stalking your squad)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    To reveal a sin dont you need to know its around?
    i know right =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Vindrael - Lost City
    Vindrael - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Isn't there some sort of passive AoE that moves with the seeker? I remember it being shown in one of the seeker preview videos...
  • Sthenith - Dreamweaver
    Sthenith - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    1. sins aren't the only ones on a TW battlefield....

2. 35 m shadow teleport. doubt AoE's hit that far out.

attack as fast as a sin can with our skills
    Really....? So all your skillcombo's are 5.0 aps then ?

Seeker : HA build : means less Elemental Def. Means wizzies and psy's will eat you for breakfast before you can reach them, cause you can be sure as hell that any decent sin/bm will go after you as soon as you point your sword towards those. (Talking TW here)
    You have to know there is a sin nearby or your just wasting your sparks

completely agree.

Sins shouldn' be stupid enuf to go in on a seeker when they see what skill is used. And they should be patient enough to see you waste your sparks indeed before getting close in any way.

Besides, as a seeker you'll have your hands full with the other new class that's going to try to spank ya : mystics.
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    StretchIt - Harshlands Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Seekers have a defense level buff which helps out their magic defense. Also, alot of them are going LA/HA hybrid to compensate more for elemental defenses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sthenith - Dreamweaver
    Sthenith - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Seekers have a defense level buff which helps out their magic defense. Also, alot of them are going LA/HA hybrid to compensate more for elemental defenses.

True, you can compensate for lack of ele def by going hybrid or wear elemental ornaments, but fact still remains that you're sacrificing one or the other.

On my cleric i can choose for more Pdef ornaments, but in return i will lose ele def (it's high anyways). The same applies for other classes.

While people state that the seekers (and even mystics) are TB killers, that's not entirely true. Sure, you have certain skills that might seem to be designed for that, but, think of it this way : Why would a sin go after a seeker when there's an easier target around ? and why would a EG go after a stealthed sin when you have your hands full with all the others that ARE visible ?

Truth is, there IS a balance in the game. Every single class has it's weaknesses and strengths. It "might" be that a seeker is a sins "weakness", but that doesn't mean they're helpless at all.

I can already imagine a 5 aps sin popping up out of ST, tick your charm and crit ya to death before you can react. Because that's what usually happens in a tw. The only way so far i've seen to avoid that is to put your genie to good use b:chuckle (or use apo's in some cases)
  • XCrashx - Lost City
    XCrashx - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Edged Blur is a 12 second skill that attacks every 3 seconds. its not constant damage, and it doesn't hit as soon as u activate it. With no real stuns, seekers are far for assassin killer. Besides if you were to see a seeker active edged blur you could just run away or even if your revealed, go back invisible. Not like we could channel a hard hitting skill in the time they could invis again. The range isn't amazing either. The skill sucks imo waste of valuable 2 sparks that is VERY hard for a seeker to attain. This class is like a mage going heavy armor and it working lol...
  • Agatio - Harshlands
    Agatio - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Isn't wizard's emberstorm the best skill to reveal a sin? Instant cast with 12m radius from wiz.
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Isn't wizard's emberstorm the best skill to reveal a sin? Instant cast with 12m radius from wiz.

it needs a target to be able to use it, Im pretty sure seekers dont need a target to use the aoe.
  • Teqnikz - Lost City
    Teqnikz - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    From my view point it is way more useful after the fight has been started. Most sins I have seen and fought like to shadow escape when you are getting the best of them. Hit Edged Blur no more shadow escape and finish of your prey!
  • Kai_Roe - Archosaur
    Kai_Roe - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Not too sure how effective the seeker is going to be in comparison to other classes. From what i've seen the only thing they have going for them is the defense lvl self buff (which isn't even that great compared to the BM's golden bell), and maybe some boss killing debuffs.

So seeker vs. BM, the BM off hand easily wins the debate as far as usefulness. Same with mystic and veno, even though the mystic has the heal and auto rez skill, the amount of MP usage required of them is beyond crazy. (ecatombs' numbers are wrong btw, the actual mp usage is about twice as high). As well as the fact that the mystics summons aren't nearly as versatile as the veno's.

It's like PWI tried to remake to 2 classes of choice and failed. Not that they aren't fun in themselves, but they certainly lose the battle with their counterparts.
  • vristion
    edited March 2011
    Options
    it needs a target to be able to use it, Im pretty sure seekers dont need a target to use the aoe.

Also can use other skills while blur is in effect....just a +1
  • Kai_Roe - Archosaur
    Kai_Roe - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Run, fear, hide in your oceans again. This world isnt yours anymore *overdramatic thunder clap*

Or dont.

Either way yes we can attack you while stunned, and knock you out of stealth, steal your buffs, give you our negative status, and attack as fast as a sin can with our skills. Enjoy your paranoia! :D

Gotta shocker for you bro, ALL aoe's brings sin's out of there stealth. BM's have about 4 aoe that don't require any sparks (much less 2 sparks), and have a larger radius of attack. So, sorry to burst your bubble but you aren't assassin detectors. And good luck transferring status effects while your perma-stunned. :D

Not to mention that your edged blur skill is a channeling spell (sin's have a 35 meter channel stopper too, ijs). And if a sin is dum enough to chill next to his victim in stealth mode before he attacks him, or anywhere near the middle of any crowd, he's not a sin you can reasonably call a threat anyways.
  • iamgodtruestory
    iamgodtruestory Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Its great to see you assassins living in denial. check out new 79/100 skills and also... we seekers also have a 35m teleport that stuns for 3seconds - voidstep. we also got anti slow/stun skills now (the 79/100 skills and the sage/demon of unfetter i believe) But I agree, edged blur is not really helpful..., seekers have a lot of other AoE's that we can boast about , but attacking once every 3 seconds isn't going to help...
  • InTheClouds - Raging Tide
    InTheClouds - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I would just like to point out that saying a particular class "fails" is not a valid argument. The player controlling the character is in fact the one that fails. Every single class in this game has the potential of being amazing and excelling in both PVP, and PVE. Now I’m not saying that some classes are not at a slight disadvantage when fighting certain other classes because they are (Example: Assassin versus most arcane builds), but that makes it that much more challenging to find a way to beat your opponent. I’ve had wonderful experiences in PVP, and PVE with my Seeker. It’s just a matter of how you play your class that counts.
    +-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-+ +-++-++-++-++-++-++-+ +-++-++-+
    |S||t||r||e||n||g||t||h| |T||h||r||o||u||g||h| |P||u||r||i||t||y|
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Seekers will be Sin food. And I'm not saying this in the Sin's point of view but BM's.

-Only 6 seconds of anti stun
    -No physical Marrow (def lvl is about same as BM's bell)
    -No leaps to move away while under Tackling Slash
    -Not enough stuns to keep Sin locked
    -Don't even dream of getting off those long cast skills like Gemini Slash
    -No skill to see Sin in stealth like many thought they would have
  • InTheClouds - Raging Tide
    InTheClouds - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Seekers will be Sin food. And I'm not saying this in the Sin's point of view but BM's.

-Only 6 seconds of anti stun
    -No physical Marrow (def lvl is about same as BM's bell)
    -No leaps to move away while under Tackling Slash
    -Not enough stuns to keep Sin locked
    -Don't even dream of getting off those long cast skills like Gemini Slash
    -No skill to see Sin in stealth like many thought they would have

I'm curious, Assassin's have a had a history for not being able to take down Heavy Armor classes all that well. What makes you think the Seeker's would be any different? As a Seeker we have three ranged single target attacks, all of which do not have a lengthy casting time. Not to mention with Blade Affinity going, we can pull off those three skills within several seconds. With Edged Blur going for 12 seconds and the three single target ranged attacks, chances are you are dead, or a quick normal attack away from death. You can't stealth your way out of that. Running won't help either, we have a teleporting stun just like you. Don't underestimate the Seekers. We may be new, but we are learning. :)
    |S||t||r||e||n||g||t||h| |T||h||r||o||u||g||h| |P||u||r||i||t||y|
  • _Lateralus_ - Harshlands
    _Lateralus_ - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Up to this point I have been owning both BMs and Sins of comparable level to me. Edged Blur to me has been more of a BM killer than a Sin killer for me because of the magic damage. If they change marrow they sacrifice their phys defense and I just wear them down. I dont know how well my Seeker will be end game though when Sins and BMs are 5 aps perma sparked, but right now pre Sage/Demon, Seekers are more hard core than both of them.
  • AqueoLupas - Lost City
    AqueoLupas - Lost City Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I would just like to point out that saying a particular class "fails" is not a valid argument. The player controlling the character is in fact the one that fails. Every single class in this game has the potential of being amazing and excelling in both PVP, and PVE. Now I
  • fiercerage
    fiercerage Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hyper FC baby

baby .
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    Eraldus - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You can't make a statement like "Seekers will be Sin's food" untill:

1) We get our sage/demon/79 skills

2) People actually knowing how to play as a seeker, and by that, I don't mean getting lvl 100 in 2 or 3 weeks, I mean true experience, you have to get into the class in order to master all of it functions, and that takes time, not lvls and hypers. And just because you have a lvl 100 main, doesn't mean jack that you will play as well with the seeker as your main.

*Watches at Seekers using Vortex in bosses or to kill 1 or 2 mobs..." LMAO
    Retired...

Reasons? Packs, rank gear, picky greedy players, the list goes on b:bye
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm curious, Assassin's have a had a history for not being able to take down Heavy Armor classes all that well. What makes you think the Seeker's would be any different? As a Seeker we have three ranged single target attacks, all of which do not have a lengthy casting time. Not to mention with Blade Affinity going, we can pull off those three skills within several seconds. With Edged Blur going for 12 seconds and the three single target ranged attacks, chances are you are dead, or a quick normal attack away from death. You can't stealth your way out of that. Running won't help either, we have a teleporting stun just like you. Don't underestimate the Seekers. We may be new, but we are learning. :)

Have you seen an endgame Sin? HA gets cut through like paper. My BM in full Nirvana with BM + Cleric buffs and physical marrow still die within the first stun of a Nrivana dagger +10 if I don't genie my way out of it and anti stun right after.

It's not about what attacks you have. Fighting Sin is 100% stun war. The 6 seconds of anti stun from the 79 skill won't cut it. Even if you pop an anti stun pot, they'll just stealth and come back out after your pot is up.
    You can't make a statement like "Seekers will be Sin's food" untill:

1) We get our sage/demon/79 skills

2) People actually knowing how to play as a seeker, and by that, I don't mean getting lvl 100 in 2 or 3 weeks, I mean true experience, you have to get into the class in order to master all of it functions, and that takes time, not lvls and hypers. And just because you have a lvl 100 main, doesn't mean jack that you will play as well with the seeker as your main.

*Watches at Seekers using Vortex in bosses or to kill 1 or 2 mobs..." LMAO
    sage/demon/79/100 skills are already out, and they are not that impressive. You get a 6 second anti stun, that's it. I've taken into acount of knowing how to play a class, but when the class you are playing just doesn't have the tool for the job, it's not going to work. The short anti stun and lack of multiple stuns means Seeker will be Sin food. It's the same concept as you can be the best wiz in the world and have all the skills in the world, you still won't be able to out DPS a 5 APS character.
  • vristion
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ^^ edge blur....typically a sin will shadow out when they are about to get their asses handed to them... Now they will need to get max range of edge blur before doing so.
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I would just like to point out that saying a particular class "fails" is not a valid argument. The player controlling the character is in fact the one that fails. Every single class in this game has the potential of being amazing and excelling in both PVP, and PVE. Now I