This is not a game but the competition in spending money

2»

Comments

• juniortroll
    juniortroll Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    What looks like PWI today? We have a bunch of kids who spend thousands of dollars to the 4-day seeker had 101 lvl.

You can slam me all if you want, but before it appeared tiger pack, oracle, hyper stone, and other, game has had more charm, you have studied your character, map, mobs, helping one another.

What we have today?

80% of players do not know where they are mobs lvl 45 and ask on WORLD channel. I bet that half of the players do not know where is location of the Guilded Princes.

It is quite clear that it's all about money, only sorry that PWI lose dignity because of them.
    I think it would be a lot of players who would like the server where you can not create a character lvl 101 for 4 days and where you have to play to achieve something.

That`s competition and not what is happening on the servers today. Shame...

QQmoarpls

besydes yo most ov em dirteh cashshoppyng m0f0s maek eet possyble 4 u cwybabehs 2 play
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    What looks like PWI today? We have a bunch of kids who spend thousands of dollars to the 4-day seeker had 101 lvl.

You can slam me all if you want, but before it appeared tiger pack, oracle, hyper stone, and other, game has had more charm, you have studied your character, map, mobs, helping one another.

What we have today?

80% of players do not know where they are mobs lvl 45 and ask on WORLD channel. I bet that half of the players do not know where is location of the Guilded Princes.

It is quite clear that it's all about money, only sorry that PWI lose dignity because of them.
    I think it would be a lot of players who would like the server where you can not create a character lvl 101 for 4 days and where you have to play to achieve something.

That`s competition and not what is happening on the servers today. Shame...

After all the pampering stuff, why you think a lot of people CS for levels?
    "You may buy boutique items to enhance your character's looks and performance"

PVE has became uninteresting because it is too difficult to fight some simple mobs for quests where people go "I f'ing quit this." or "I have been grinding for 10 minutes and grow sick of it" and they die a lot. I LOL at red names dying from simple things really easily since they are "pro" pvpers saying. "Nah, this game is easy." I agree with some parts. PVP and BHs / FF 95+ / CSers have it easier than LVL10s b:chuckle
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Tusk Town. I win b:pleased.
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Lies. 1k streams. I win b:pleased
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Theoclese - Harshlands
    Theoclese - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well, this is an agree/disagree situation. I agree that the cash shoppers do keep the game going. Their money largely supports the game and makes it possible to grow and get better.

But at the same time, it does support Capitalist thinking such as "he who dies with the most toys wins".

TBH, it should be more like, "free to play AFTER you roll a main to 100+ and get at least r8 and solo money making instances with said main and feed coin to him/her" but that is probably too hard to advertise and too much to have to say to make it "catchy" or "jingle like", so they stuck with "free to play" probably thought it would attract more attention.

This is coming from someone who leveled to 82 without ever doing an fcc, and only spent about 20 gold on his 300k+ rep, and then fcced my *** off to get to 101. so I did it the hard way. Alot of solo tts to grind for cash. But I can't lie, when my alt hit 65, I started trash running it as I was tired of secret frostcovered grounds. And by 77 was solo healing fc.

I agree, the nubheads who play the game for 4 days and get to roll a 101 r9 char have no respect for the game or it's vets, and why should they? They now have a way to get to 101 without spending the months/and/or years getting there and learning your class inside and out, what to do in certain situations. Also the practice of using said skills so you can do **** blindfolded, like I do TT.

But however.... For those of us who have rolled a couple classes to 90 or 100+ and do nto want to do the same old **** over again,. the option of strapping on the hypers and heading to snow village sounds great.

But to be honest, those who take shortcuts in life will always pay for it. As they do when they are faced up against a boss/mob that they have no idea how to defend against, or another player of same level that knows what they are doing and has taken time to learn their class pwns them. Then they will QQ in WC about how some sin is fail cause they only know stealth attack.

SO I can see the posters point, valid QQ, but at the same time, those who take shortcuts will pay for it in the end by their lack of knowledge and practice.So really, there is no point cause they will get mad and quit and call the game fail any way.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011

But to be honest, those who take shortcuts in life will always pay for it. As they do when they are faced up against a boss/mob that they have no idea how to defend against, or another player of same level that knows what they are doing and has taken time to learn their class pwns them. Then they will QQ in WC about how some sin is fail cause they only know stealth attack.

SO I can see the posters point, valid QQ, but at the same time, those who take shortcuts will pay for it in the end by their lack of knowledge and practice.So really, there is no point cause they will get mad and quit and call the game fail any way.

Your comments also part of the " Pay for it " (b:laugh)
    Those who take shortcut must be prepared to meet comments like these.
    (But that was one of the most clear and nice) (b:chuckle)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2011

lol

@OP: Best to join a laid back faction where noone cares about being best, rich, for pvp or pk or whatever nonsense reason there might be for someone to rush so much in levels.

Skill has no longer meanings in this game anyway so the competition is pointless.
  • netoperusnovo
    netoperusnovo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The problem is this:
    Game designers release a game. Great!
    So how do they know if people like the game?
    Well, the more money they get from players, and the more players spend money on this game, the more people like the game, right?
    But does it mean that people like this game more? Or that more people (number of people) like this game?
    So who are those people that pay? Is it the majority?
    Maybe majority of the people who play this game don't like it? Maybe they play it because there is no game that includes what they want in a game?
    And more importantly, maybe the majority of players is after something other than what the game creators offer for real money?
    So judging how good a game is by looking at it through profit is inaccurate - it's the fake picture I was talking about.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    We can say a good game =/= good business (b:chuckle)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • netoperusnovo
    edited March 2011
    An example of what I have in mind:

Justin Bieber - "Baby" (official version made mostly for profit)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kffacxfA7G4

versus...

a preview of the same song created with a completely different approach, and with a different goal in mind:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL2sffgYXwY

And you know what? I like the non-commercial version better :)
  • _Spot_ - Lost City
    _Spot_ - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I dont think knowing where lvl 45 mobs are makes you a good player. Why would you even need to know location of all mobs/bosses lol. Can just auto path there if its a quest or look it up online. Having all map-teleports or completing all quests doesn't make you pro either. I dont even know where/what "Guilded Princes" is myself (guessing its some lower level mini boss or an npc b:chuckle) and my join date is 2008...

But i do agree that some new players level way to fast, and its very annoying when 8x/9X asks me how to craft a molder/refine gear/get a fairy/get a Genie or asks for help with some lvl 60 culti mob they can solo themselves in 20 sec. Makes me think people playing this game are mentally handicapped lol, before they where forced to learn some basics about the game at least. Now they only need to know how to pick up the teleport to 1k Streams and Snowy Village.

I do like both Frosts and Hypers, leveling before was a pain in the butt and hunting the same silly mobs over and over for 1-10% per hour was really boring. I dont think anyone wanna go back to that. But maybe they should extend the Cultivation Quest-line a bit after 59+, including more things than just a few bosses each 10 levels. A few educational tests about your class and the game in general, that you have to pass to keep leveling, would be really useful.

Metal mag mobs very near tusk town, they use claymores (or very big swords)
    Love you toob:kiss
  • HimeJunsei - Sanctuary
    HimeJunsei - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'ma spell this:

Pay-to-play fix amount/month = GAME

Cash-shop(makes 2-10x more money then a p2p game) = BUSSINESS

As clear as daylight. Close thread, LMAO!

P.S.: Play free (like me), spend your fortune, house and blood on it, enjoy it, stress out and go to nuthouse for it, it's everyone's choice. But THE ABOVE is still in effect, whether we love it or not.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I like how money doesn't speak loudly anymore.

People spend all that dough on this game and we only get subpar stuff.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    lol you are stupid as hell

why should ANYONE have to spend rl coin to do well in a game, if you had some actual experience of how this game was compared to how it is now then i might make more effort to post a decent response to you, but you don't.

judging by this comment it seems you live in a fantasy world. it doe NOT matter what game you play you will ALWAYS spend money on it. xboxlive=money. consolegames=money. want some DLC for those console games? more money spent.

playing starcraft 2 and waiting on the expansion? gg u need to spend money for the next 2 expansions. playing a f2p MMO? spend money to get ingame items. playing a p2p? spend a monthly fee to continue playing. even if your playing silly facebook games you have to spend realife money to get something(playfish cash or w/e the hell its called).

gtfo and learn more about games. your going to spend money on ANY DAMN GAME YOU PLAY. atleast in this game you actually have an option of farming for it instead of getting it the easy way.

unless of course you want to go play some browser/flash game over at miniclips/newgrounds.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have two problems with PWI vs other MMO's.

1) The money that is put into the game is going towards drugs and women, and not into making the game better. There needs to be 4-6X more servers, a similar increase in bandwidth to and from the servers, better server hardware, BUG FIXES, hire devs who are NOT MORONS, and improve customer support.

2) Less and less of the playerbase can actually play their characters. Hyper-oracle n00bs at level 102 who have take aim and viscious arrow maxed out and nothing else... Or the huge number of barbs that even at low levels cannot hold aggro against even a poorly geared BM.

I spent a lot of money on PWI a long time ago. Fashion, mounts, investments, etc. I bought an Israfel 2 weeks after they were put into the Boutique for the very first time. I spent my money to upgrade it to the max, before anything else was even that fast. But I'm not spending my money anymore until rubberbanding is fixed.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have two problems with PWI vs other MMO's.

1) The money that is put into the game is going towards drugs and women, and not into making the game better. There needs to be 4-6X more servers, a similar increase in bandwidth to and from the servers, better server hardware, BUG FIXES, hire devs who are NOT MORONS, and improve customer support.

2) Less and less of the playerbase can actually play their characters. Hyper-oracle n00bs at level 102 who have take aim and viscious arrow maxed out and nothing else... Or the huge number of barbs that even at low levels cannot hold aggro against even a poorly geared BM.

I spent a lot of money on PWI a long time ago. Fashion, mounts, investments, etc. I bought an Israfel 2 weeks after they were put into the Boutique for the very first time. I spent my money to upgrade it to the max, before anything else was even that fast. But I'm not spending my money anymore until rubberbanding is fixed.

Nothing is going to change >>. Besides the large sum of money they are getting is paying for utilities and server costs. What remains on the bottom line is their profit. They are'nt going to miss your money. Or mine, or anyone elses here.

(Bottom is unrelated to the quote)

There's no 'true' free organization. Take the "free" wikipedia for example. That guy occasionally asks for and often comes off as "mandatory" that we donate towards some HUGE goal(now in the millions) to help "keep it going". In the future we'll have to pay to use it.

There is always a gimmick and little clever systems set in place that will eventually entice you to spend money. Just as the first(and for some; forever-never-completed) quest you're face with is to buy the inventory stone and you'll need gold for that haha.
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Its okay to have a in-game cash shop, but not at 1 gold = $1 and doesn't get you ****. Before the packs the game was fun, after the first set of packs the game was still fun, but now its just so unbalanced its pathetic. b:shutup
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    There needs to be 4-6X more servers

Uh... Why?
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • HimeJunsei - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Uh... Why?

Because a game with PWI's alleged popularity (please note the Facebook blackmail system) is supposed to have such a huge player base that more servers would be needed. The server rotation is another thing that is mostly viewed as a positive stuff: create new servers, allow people to MOVE to these new servers and when an old server becomes underpopulated, merge it with another underpopulated server or such. It forces variety into the player's in-game life.

However, the player base in PWI is shrinking by the minute, in spite of the newly fresh baked classes, because they never address the old issues that break the game and actually, introduce new ones. The community has become a large QQ-ing mass of morons(me included) that still play the game, because they have hope, not because the game is so great, because at this point(2011), it's NOT.

Also... new servers to PWI?
    Why, when they try to cook up new games, and new classes with a handful of programmers... I mean... MWAHAHAHAHAH, of course you get trashy results and copy-clones of the same game with a few improvements in come areas and lots of let-downs in other areas, plus...

THE BUGS IN THE GAME ARE NEVER GOING TO BE FIXED< GET USED TO IT! PERFECT BUG-WORLD!

Our hope and some ppl's wallets keep the game alive, otherwise it would collapse.
  • netoperusnovo
    edited March 2011
    I'm not saying game manufacturers don't need money - they do. It's just another way of doing business. However there is so many games in the market these days, and they are very similar if you group them by genre (like mmorpgs, fps, etc.), that the manufacturers have to be very careful with what they offer for the money spent.
    And secondly, I'm sure players expect quality of the game to increase in specific ways, as they spent more money on it. There is a little problem right here: globalization. You are only one player that provides let's say 1% of the funds to the manufacturer, so they won't worry about you much. That's because of the above: there is a big rotation of players (caused by large number of similar games in the market), and if not you, then someone else will pay because they will like the given game once you move to try another one. This is in direct opposition to what any given player wants - he/she wants to enjoy the given game for as long as possible.
    But like I said, the games seem to be coming of an assembly line of the same factory, and that's what the manufacturers should think about because otherwise the overall satisfaction of the gaming community in general will keep decreasing. So far the thing that improves mostly, is the quality of graphics (thanks to advancements in computer hardware technologies), while the importance of the player's experience of games keeps deteriorating.
    I think the best way to make a given game, is to make it as different from the other games in the same genre as possible.
  • HimeJunsei - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    I have played WoW and City of Heroes too, plus a number of other games pay-to-play or *free*, and I have to admit that in both WoW and CoH all problems have been addressed fast, with accuracy, by knowledgeable persons. And I remember being very picky in CoH. Still, ncsoft was flawless, even if in some other games of this company, there were other issues, the player support was good at its worse.

In here some issues and tickets are not even solved. If it's their fault, they just keep bouncing the ball to you, by saying check this, check that, and after so much hard work from your part, they finally begin to look into the problem, when you have exhausted yourself proving that it actually is not your fault.

THIS is what ppl pay for in here, plus that if you want to go end-game with gear (rank8-9), the price is exorbitant, if not outrageous. Warsoul? Shh!

P.S. How much does it cost in dollars to buy all rank 9? 1000$? More? How many years of pay-to-play would that cover? 5, 6 years?
  • fiercerage
    fiercerage Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I was going to read the OP, but then I saw his name and I just stopped.