What pets to level

Options
jamiesmith15
jamiesmith15 Posts: 6 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Mystic
I was wondering what pets i should focus on leveling or is it just better to lvl all of them.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• magena
    magena Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'd say, so far, Devil and Salvation. Salvation is useful when fighting bosses, especially ones with AoEs and the amount of BHs that will, undoubtedly, be done. Devil seems to be the staple attacking summon. And they are summons... they stay to your level no matter what and don't require feeding.
    Playing a healer since 5/29/2001.
    Proud Sanctuary player. If it has some practical healing skills, I play it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Level your Devil and Mistress...one for psy damage and one for the magical damage.

Salvation is good to level however you can get away with keeping it at roughly level 5 imo at lower levels.

The skills take a lot of spirit so if anything imo your Devil at least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • jamiesmith15
    jamiesmith15 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    magena wrote: »
    I'd say, so far, Devil and Salvation. Salvation is useful when fighting bosses, especially ones with AoEs. Devil seems to be the staple attacking summon. And they are summons... they stay to your level no matter what and don't require feeding.

Alright, thanks for the response. The devil seems fairly strong and has a decent amount of defense compared to the second summon u get at level 23 (the storm one) which seems really weak. I haven't gotten to salvation yet, but i'll keep in mind to lvl that one up as well. But, what about the plant summons? Which ones should I focus on?
  • Shahiro - Dreamweaver
    Shahiro - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    magena wrote: »
    I'd say, so far, Devil and Salvation. Salvation is useful when fighting bosses, especially ones with AoEs. Devil seems to be the staple attacking summon. And they are summons... they stay to your level no matter what and don't require feeding.

I agree, in general I level Devil before any of my other skills, then my heal, pet heal, Nature's vengeance (and if I have pets available) Salvation second, because I like playing support and shielding people in BH, third I lvl Storm mistress. Storm is becoming more useful now, because she hits the hardest and is able to take more hits.

As for plant summons I'd level the Sting (deals more dmg) first because usually all you need is a little extra damage if you spend a lot of time alone on mobs. For BH usually the monsters take longer to kill and are all close together so it can be your decision whether you want to lvl Befuddling Creeper (AOE slows their attack rate and weakens defenses) or the Listless Blossom (only a chance the targets will sleep, but even greater chance if you lysing it. Spidervine would be last, in my opinion, I'd rather try my luck sleeping them first.

• Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Pet summons:
    1 - I have let my devil skill fall behind a few lvls and it feels better - he's still strong enough for grind, but his skills use less mana so he can use them more before needing a recharge. I will give it a lvl or two more soon, I think.
    2 - I'm keeping the mistress on lvl 1 for now. I'm not using her yet, and I doubt I will. The use I would thing for her - ranged DD/tank, like veno's ranged pets - would burn up mana too fast to be of real use, at least yet. maybe on higher lvls...
    3 - I don't have salvation yet, but I'm planing to level her up whenever my manapool/regen gets high enough to support her skills. From what other mysts say she seems to be the key summon for supporting during bossfights.

Plant summons:
    Here I would level just the first one for now - the DD one - although I use it rarely, just for bigger thingies. I don't like the debuff plants that much.
    I can't wait for the healing plant. This one I think I would be leveling up as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    -As it has been said, it's better to give first priority to Devil, since it's basically your main pet, and "tank pet" (even if its resistance isnt that great, but yeah, better than other summons). Plus, for later PvP purpose, +100% pdef and +25% crit from lvl 10 Devil's Leech is ftw.
    -Then, imo, since I'm a support fan, I'd say Salvation for her shields.
    -Mistress, well, I don't plan on lvling her right now since I kinda lack of spirit and I have much more important skills to lvl first, but I think she could be usable in FC later for her aoe. But well, I don't see much more uses for her.
    -About plants, I'm not a big fan of the Punishing sting, and really, only thing that improves with lvl is its range (and mana, ofc -.-") so it's far from being a priority to me.
    -Though, I'm really giving priority to the Healing Herb, which sounds great to me, even if it doesn't heal for very much at low lvls of the skill, at lvl 10, I could see it being of very much use in squads and boss fights if there's an aoe. I would also lvl Vital Herb, but more slowly than Healing herb.
    - Spidervine and Listless Blossom are far from being on my priority list. However, I would max Beffudling Creeper as much as possible since the debuffs can be very useful in boss fights, if there's not already another class debuffing for a greater %. Oh, and if you don't have a sin using Rib Strike, the slowed atk rate and channelling the Beffudling Creeper has is actually a very nice support for tanks, since they will take less damage (this way you can save them some repairs and make cleric's job easier).
  • Ephemera - Raging Tide
    Ephemera - Raging Tide Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm focusing on Chihyu, Salvation, and the Befuddling plant for the debuff. Chihyu is the one I use most, but Salvation is extremely useful in parties. Storm Mistress just puts me out of mana too fast atm, and kills slower than the Chihyu from what i've seen, so I don't plan on leveling her for a while.
  • Killercows - Sanctuary
    Killercows - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So far ive only been using Devil. He is strong and great. He is especially useful as a semi tank while grinding. Send him out and then go full out attacking myself wich make the mob change aggro to me and me and Devil kills it before it can reach me.
  • iiiiiusion
    iiiiiusion Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Plant pet that can heal. is really pathetic at max level.
    b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle Don't QQ man =.=
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    iiiiiusion wrote: »
    Plant pet that can heal. is really pathetic at max level.

At all... maybe it's only 125 hp every 2 secs and doesn't replace an old good BB, or even a regular aoe heal such as chromatic healing beam or comforting mist for mystics, but it can be a nice help to have in addition of those skills.
  • magena
    magena Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Alright, thanks for the response. The devil seems fairly strong and has a decent amount of defense compared to the second summon u get at level 23 (the storm one) which seems really weak. I haven't gotten to salvation yet, but i'll keep in mind to lvl that one up as well. But, what about the plant summons? Which ones should I focus on?

Well, this is where you should look at what you think is most beneficial to how you will play. I got all the plants to level 1 and put them in a macro with lysing at the end (only the ones that CAN be effected by lysing). That way, it goes off as one major debuff on bosses and has a decent use.

However, because I want to level up other things before the plants (trust me, they are far from useless), they will have to sit on the side- burner for now. Same goes for Mistress.

Healing Herb:
    Mana 547
    Summons a Healing Herb that restores 125 points
    of Health every 2 Seconds for all nearby friends.
    Healing Herb appears for 1 minute.
    Healing Herb may not be Lysed.

At first glance, it looks useless, however, given the amount of MP a mystic eats as a whole, this provides breaks of healing, slowing your MP consumption rate. It will be worth it when you're not spamming healing skills AS hard.
    Clerics should always take priority to healing over a mystic.
    Playing a healer since 5/29/2001.
    Proud Sanctuary player. If it has some practical healing skills, I play it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]