New Graphics Card Bug Reports

Options
Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Support Desk
Hello, I used to have a bad problem constantly crashing to bug reports all the time. After awhile I finally was able to figure out that my graphics card fan wasn't auto adjusting and keeping the card cooled properly. After using 3rd party software to keep the fan speed at 100 it worked great for the last few months (but still to hot for my liking).

Well I recently bought a new graphics card:
MSI N560 GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II 1mb GDDR5 256-bit

After about 30 minutes the crashing began again. I know it's not overheating as my card hasn't topped 55 degrees yet (old card ran at 70-80 depending on if i was in a bad area or not). I'm not sure if it's because this card is band new (came out about 2 months ago) and maybe doesn't like the way PWI does stuff or what, but any help or experience with this card would be nice at this point.

I have completely clean installed my drivers (used driver cleaner pro to make absolutely sure it was cleaned), but crashing still persists. I'm mainly crashing in OHT so I'm going to sit my character somewhere else and see if it also does it. Either way it should never bug report. b:surrender

EDIT: tried turning off all the extra goodies with the card seeing if game wasn't compatible that wasn't it. I've even had the game bug report at the login screen 2 times now. b:sad
Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
Post edited by Wunderkind - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If you can send us the in-game coordinates of where in game it is crashing, and your dxdiag to tech support in a ticket, it can help us get the information to QA and the developers to see if there is a pattern.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If you can send us the in-game coordinates of where in game it is crashing, and your dxdiag to tech support in a ticket, it can help us get the information to QA and the developers to see if there is a pattern.

I crash everywhere I have no specific spot. I have submitted a ticket and put in my dxdiag on it as well. As I said i'm not sure if it's the brand new card and infant drivers or what.
  • netoperusnovo
    netoperusnovo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Sounds very much like power supply problems - your power supply might not produce stable voltages or not enough power in general to meet the needs of your new graphics card.
    Here's what I'm talking about:
    http://milliongoodways.blogspot.com/2009/11/how-to-check-cpu-voltage-power-supply.html
    or
    http://hardwarelogic.com/articles.php?id=5075

Not sure if it is a common thing, but I've seen the manufacturers of graphics cards giving requirements as to the power supply needed to run their products. For example, to run our Grahpics Card X, your power supply should be at least 500 Watts. or something like that, so make sure you meet the requirements. You can temporarily install a more powerful power supply just to test if that's the case.
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Sounds very much like power supply problems - your power supply might not produce stable voltages or not enough power in general to meet the needs of your new graphics card.
    Here's what I'm talking about:
    http://milliongoodways.blogspot.com/2009/11/how-to-check-cpu-voltage-power-supply.html
    or
    http://hardwarelogic.com/articles.php?id=5075

Not sure if it is a common thing, but I've seen the manufacturers of graphics cards giving requirements as to the power supply needed to run their products. For example, to run our Grahpics Card X, your power supply should be at least 500 Watts. or something like that, so make sure you meet the requirements. You can temporarily install a more powerful power supply just to test if that's the case.

Default is a 500 12v or 30A power supply, I have a 750. I know it's more then enough. b:victory

EDIT: take note i'm using MSI Afterburner v2.1.0 to monitor everything
  • netoperusnovo
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Then it doesn't look like overheating or electrical problems. Maybe it is a problem with fragmented data on your hard disk drive? I'm thinking about the game creating temporary files that lead to crash after some time, so you could try defragmentation. I'm just guessing, but looks like something's wrong with the game because I see more people complaining about similar problems.
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Then it doesn't look like overheating or electrical problems. Maybe it is a problem with fragmented data on your hard disk drive? I'm thinking about the game creating temporary files that lead to crash after some time, so you could try defragmentation. I'm just guessing, but looks like something's wrong with the game because I see more people complaining about similar problems.

Well, since you mentioned something about voltage I did unlock my voltage meter on afterburner and upped it a bit more (1.15 volt max if it needed that high of a voltage). I heard some overclocking requires higher voltage (and this card is stock overclocked). I haven't crashed so far, but it's only been a hour or so since I changed it (but normally I'd have crashed a few times by now).

I'll keep this thread updated if I have anymore issues so others searching might now this as a possible solution if their game is giving them issues.
  • netoperusnovo
    edited March 2011
    Options
    But this is crazy. This way you don't know if you game runs fine now because PWI fixed some issues, or because you did something. and plus I really don't think everyone unable to run the game will overclock their computers! hahah

I had a problem with forums about 30 minutes ago and now it's back to normal, so I'm pretty sure they're doing something...
    edited March 2011
    Options
    But this is crazy. This way you don't know if you game runs fine now because PWI fixed some issues, or because you did something. and plus I really don't think everyone unable to run the game will overclock their computers! hahah

I had a problem with forums about 30 minutes ago and now it's back to normal, so I'm pretty sure they're doing something...

Upping the voltage helped a ton, although I did Bug once in Warsong. The thing about that though is I do tend to bug here or there in certain instances so I can't really say if that was one of those times or the new card.

In terms of the chronic bugging out every 6 minutes that has completely stopped.