Froscovered City Head Quest ? Time ?

Options
Cristalwhite - Harshlands
Cristalwhite - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hello
Everybody knows FC and know the tactic at the bosses since the Guides.
But what about the heads.

My question is.
The Head quest consist of several waves. How long does a single wave last without getting hit.
How long does the whole HeadQuest last without getting hit. Is there a time limit or a amount fo heads limit?

It would be interessting to know if there is time to organize a single wave attack befor hitting the heads to maximize the EXP. If the attack is organized may the squad can kill all heads.
But the question is, if there is time to organize the attack befor each wave. and if not, what is the best tactic to maximize the EXP.

Ty people b:pleased
Post edited by Cristalwhite - Harshlands on

Comments

• Edyn - Dreamweaver
    Edyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Idk about the time but normally all go to activate quest same time and then hurry up to run to the middle where the heads spawn. Make sure your cleric has a spark to make RB and rest just circles around him/her.
    Oh and carry a bow on ya if ya can :D
    One time did a fail fc run where they activated heads before the big lure... Still, we killed the heads but had to be carefull not to go close to mobs. It took the same time as we normally kill the heads so that makes me think that the time stays the same only the amount of heads changes I believe. The faster you kill them the more heads you get in the time thats given to ya. Soon as some are shot you get a new pair. Dont wanna waste an fcrun to see what happens if you dont kill them but I guess you'll be stuck with no extra xp and just see the same heads as from beginning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Silvychar b:thanks
  • Cristalwhite - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    and just see the same heads as from beginning.

well that just a guess....so it need to be tested
  • Cheze - Lost City
    Cheze - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    tab f1 tab whirlwind tab f1 tab f1
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Sitting in RB on my cleric in FF, it seems that heads last for about 3 seconds before the next wave. One trick that I try to use is to use Earthquake on my genie to AoE all the heads that appear near me. Add just that many more heads kills and exp. Maybe some people can try using AoE skills at heads such as the seeker and wizard channeled AoE. Both should hit at least once every 3 seconds. So more heads!
  • Cristalwhite - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    my experince is that the heads disappear immediately after the first hit on the current wave.
    which means, that the wizards have no time to cast the aoe....i tried it and the heads disappear befor the casting ends......which mean that the other people should wait till the aoe is casted befor they start hitting the wave...
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    for me personally when i solo the heads i think i can get only 2-3 heads per wave using just bow and arrows. so the wave times are extremly short.
  • Raequel - Dreamweaver
    Raequel - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Heads Round lasts for 3mins from when someone takes the quest, until the last wave disappears.

Each wave lasts 3-4 seconds and the number of heads that pop up are completely random.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raequel (103 Sage Veno) / Egwaine (101 Demon Cleric)
    Daniiella (101 Sage Sin) / Else (100 Demon Archer)
    Tiae (bm) / Athanasyos (barb) / Zeylene (wiz) / Eleysha (mystic)
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    my experince is that the heads disappear immediately after the first hit on the current wave.
    which means, that the wizards have no time to cast the aoe....i tried it and the heads disappear befor the casting ends......which mean that the other people should wait till the aoe is casted befor they start hitting the wave...

I have been in a couple runs where the wizard was able to setup Dragon's Breath in time without having to tell the others to wait. =)
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Generally the Cleric RBs in the center of the squad, and the squad spreads out in a circular fashion. Anyone other than arcanes should be using a bow (at 85 you should be able to hit 100+ with a bow if you're a barb/sin/archer/bm/seeker.

Venos generally use a fast pet, like a Kowlin. They tab-send pet-tab-venomous scarab usually to get 2 heads in 1 shot.

Wizards just cast the fastest spells they can, and DB when a group comes. I know of a couple wizards that I fc with, and one of them pulls it off VERY well.

Not sure about Mystics as I haven't fc'd with one before.

Psychics just cast, their range is great for covering a large area.

Everyone else just pew-pews with a bow.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Anyone other than arcanes should be using a bow (at 85 you should be able to hit 100+ with a bow if you're a barb/sin/archer/bm/seeker.

If only Seekers could carry bows. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3