Ok i got some questions here

DxJAKExD - Raging Tide
DxJAKExD - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Seeker
ive been playing this seeker for a while,thought these guys were gonna be a tanking class,but from what i saw,they do not have any aggro holding skills,just some crowd control, support buffs & debuffs and damage skills,so the main question here is why the hell did pwe introduce another DD class when we obviously needed more tanking classes,and is it likely that seekers will get aggro skills with new updates? thx and pls reply b:laugh
Post edited by DxJAKExD - Raging Tide on

Comments

• AuroraLucia - Archosaur
    AuroraLucia - Archosaur Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The only skill Seekers will get in the future are level 79/100 skills and Demon/Sage variants. I highly doubt any of them will be aggro skills, so we will not be Tanks. Besides, tanks need a lot of HP, and any class that does not have aggro skills needs high DPS (or DPA in the case of Wiz/Psy). So, max APS of swords is 2.0 before any skill increases, not enough to keep aggro from most Assassins or Fist Blademasters, not to mention we need to reach level 99+ to get that high of APS. In general, there is no way we will be a great tanking class.

That said, I'm pretty sure that this class was created more as another support role, as well as a counter to Assassins in PvP, as other people have said. After all, this class is the only one that is able to counter the Jones Blessing, and it can use a continuous AoE (along with rumors of our other 59 AoE being one where we can attack with it while moving), we are able to pull Assassins out of stealth, as well as be able to attack both arcane and heavy armor classes with massive damage, since it is pretty much 50/50 in our skills being able to deal magic or physical damage. On top of all of this, the buffs/debuffs work mostly around attack/defense levels, or just increasing damage on mobs massively.

This class is a support class much like the Veno. It seems the Veno abilities were split between Seekers and Mystics, Mystics having the summons (pets), and Seekers being the debuffer. On top of that, they also made Seeker essentially an arcane DD class in HA.

In terms of tanking though, I think they realize tanking has gone to the APS classes now, so adding a new tank class only means it has to be able to use fists, or have such powerful aggro skills that it makes a Barb useless. Can a Seeker tank? Sure, with enough effort I'm sure one could do a decent job, as well as having the full cooperation of it's squad to avoid aggro changing. Will it ever do better than a Barb or fist Blademaster of the same level and gear? Nope, not ever.
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The only skill Seekers will get in the future are level 79/100 skills and Demon/Sage variants. I highly doubt any of them will be aggro skills, so we will not be Tanks. Besides, tanks need a lot of HP, and any class that does not have aggro skills needs high DPS (or DPA in the case of Wiz/Psy). So, max APS of swords is 2.0 before any skill increases, not enough to keep aggro from most Assassins or Fist Blademasters, not to mention we need to reach level 99+ to get that high of APS. In general, there is no way we will be a great tanking class.

That said, I'm pretty sure that this class was created more as another support role, as well as a counter to Assassins in PvP, as other people have said. After all, this class is the only one that is able to counter the Jones Blessing, and it can use a continuous AoE (along with rumors of our other 59 AoE being one where we can attack with it while moving), we are able to pull Assassins out of stealth, as well as be able to attack both arcane and heavy armor classes with massive damage, since it is pretty much 50/50 in our skills being able to deal magic or physical damage. On top of all of this, the buffs/debuffs work mostly around attack/defense levels, or just increasing damage on mobs massively.

This class is a support class much like the Veno. It seems the Veno abilities were split between Seekers and Mystics, Mystics having the summons (pets), and Seekers being the debuffer. On top of that, they also made Seeker essentially an arcane DD class in HA.

In terms of tanking though, I think they realize tanking has gone to the APS classes now, so adding a new tank class only means it has to be able to use fists, or have such powerful aggro skills that it makes a Barb useless. Can a Seeker tank? Sure, with enough effort I'm sure one could do a decent job, as well as having the full cooperation of it's squad to avoid aggro changing. Will it ever do better than a Barb or fist Blademaster of the same level and gear? Nope, not ever.

^this lady (or guy i dunno xD) pretty much has it all down lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • mine0s
    mine0s Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    from what ive seen this (and i have played seeker) this class has almost 0 ways to take down a sin be4 its downed i even doubt it might be able to deal more than half dmg. sins have higher APS and DPS plus their evasion and critstrike rate are higher than most other classes. as pvp sin can easily do tackling slash->spark->inner harmony->power dash->normal atacks ->seeker dead same time spark wears off. the main for a seeker kills a sin is using range skills and deal them dmg be4 they are tracked by sins. but with a sin on stealth theres nothing much to do unless u know theres a sin and u have apothecary orb for detecting stealthed enemies.
  • DxJAKExD - Raging Tide
    DxJAKExD - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Ok :0 you got it all cleared up for me there,thanks 8D.you made me interested in the seekers again xDD.oh and i was a tool for doubting pwe ._. seekers are really a unique class
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    mine0s wrote: »
    from what ive seen this (and i have played seeker) this class has almost 0 ways to take down a sin be4 its downed i even doubt it might be able to deal more than half dmg. sins have higher APS and DPS plus their evasion and critstrike rate are higher than most other classes. as pvp sin can easily do tackling slash->spark->inner harmony->power dash->normal atacks ->seeker dead same time spark wears off. the main for a seeker kills a sin is using range skills and deal them dmg be4 they are tracked by sins. but with a sin on stealth theres nothing much to do unless u know theres a sin and u have apothecary orb for detecting stealthed enemies.

well obviesly a fail seeker is an easy kill.any class is.but any pro can think of SOMETHING to do.in fact in most casses if the sin cant keep u loked 24/7 there screwed cuz they have no idea how to react. just a matter of finding how to pwn with ur class. sins seem better cuz so many ppl play them so by default thats what ur most likely to get killed by