Computer reboot on first load screen

Pness - Raging Tide
Pness - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Support Desk
Hello. I first noticed this problem the day of the expansion. it happened every other time i started the client it would go to the very first load screen and when it go done loading the screen would flicker for a moment then my computer would reboot. However today i got off from work and ive tried to get on the game 4 or 5 time and it continually does this, my question is what is called after the first loading screen that may cause this? you know like java or what have you for example my computer is custom built by myself all latest drivers (updated 2 days ago) and it was working perfectly before the update so tell me what changed in that part of the client so i can figure out how to fix it. no offense but im not sending in a ticket you people every time i do i wait a week and figure out how to fix it myself before i get an answer
Post edited by Pness - Raging Tide on

Comments

• ozimov
    ozimov Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Quite honestly we're a small team and we do our best to respond to all the issues in the order they are received. I apologize for the delay. Feel free to post your dxdiag right here in the thread so I can have a better idea of your situation and correctly execute the process of elimination.

It'll be helpful to us if you tell us some of your computer's information.

1) What is the make and model number of your computer?

2) Please also tell us whether you are running a 32bit or 64bit version of Windows. You can find out in Windows by going here: Start > Control Panel > System & Maintenance > System. Then look under System > System Type. It will then display 32bit Operating System or 64bit Operating System. Include that info with the info we ask for below.

3) To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run, then type in dxdiag and press Enter. Click on Save All Information as a text file (on your Desktop as an example.
    If you are using Vista or 7, go to the Start Menu, click on the Search menu and type dxdiag.exe.

4) Copy and paste the top half of your dxdiag into your forum post (that means 50% of the text). If you have Vista, please take out the (TM) (the trademark symbol) out of the text file, as the forums will cut it off and won't display the rest of the text.

If you have a 64bit system, please click on the 64bit Dxdiag/DirectX button to save the correct log file. This is important so that we can help you find the right software for your system.

We'll take a look at it, and offer our advice.

Thanks.