Heal aggro?

Options
Jellytoast - Sanctuary
Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Mystic
Is anyone else getting heal aggro from their summons? I'll have it out on a mob, then one might spawn near it and attack him, until I heal. As soon as I heal hits me. This happening to everyone else?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jellytoast - Demon Cleric
Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
Post edited by Jellytoast - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Umm...yeah. You're telling me you made a cleric to 100 and don't know about heal aggro?

Imagine your summon like a barb. The barb is attacking a mob and another comes out of the blue and gets aggro to him. You would need to wait for the barb to hit that second mob before you heal, otherwise you get heal aggro, right?

Same thing for summons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Wow, I'm not that dumb dude. I know what heal aggro is. I didn't think summons would get it since venos don't get it. Make sense?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

• Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Wow, I'm not that dumb dude. I know what heal aggro is. I didn't think summons would get it since venos don't get it. Make sense?

Venos do get it. ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Venos do get it. ._.

Not from what I've seen. o.O I've seen veno's pull mobs in fcc and heal their herc with all the mobs on it, they don't aggro the veno.

EDIT: Asked a veno friend, I know why she didn't aggro, hercs have bramble, lol. My veno is only lvl 20 so I'm new to this ****. Sorry for the dumb question.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

• dirgeoftheapocalipse
    dirgeoftheapocalipse Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    the reason for the herc amazeing aggro controlling ability is its skill that reflect phys attack, helping it keep aggro, being an 80 veno user with herc, this is accurate
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Not from what I've seen. o.O I've seen veno's pull mobs in fcc and heal their herc with all the mobs on it, they don't aggro the veno.

EDIT: Asked a veno friend, I know why she didn't aggro, hercs have bramble, lol. My veno is only lvl 20 so I'm new to this ****. Sorry for the dumb question.

No problem. :3

It's an understandable question if you're used to venos having hercs. My gf has a 9x veno and her main pet is a Tabby Plumdrop, so I'm used to pets without bramble. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    No problem. :3

It's an understandable question if you're used to venos having hercs. My gf has a 9x veno and her main pet is a Tabby Plumdrop, so I'm used to pets without bramble. b:cute

Yeah, well mostly all I see nowadays is hercs haha. I'm really new to the pet thing, so I keep killing my summon on accident ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

• Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    venos get aggro heal, but they do not draw more aggro from heal if their pet hits the monster. meaning, if their pet hits a monster, then moves to another monster, u can keep healing it and the mobs wont come to you...

unlike mystic, however, if you hit a monster with your pet, then move it to another monster and u keep healing, the unattended mobs will start to hit u after some healing...

i dont know if this will do the same on venos pets though (as a mystic healing a venos pets), if unattended mobs will come to you from aggro heal on the venos pet. meaning i think it may be just the skills fault.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    venos get aggro heal, but they do not draw more aggro from heal if their pet hits the monster. meaning, if their pet hits a monster, then moves to another monster, u can keep healing it and the mobs wont come to you...

unlike mystic, however, if you hit a monster with your pet, then move it to another monster and u keep healing, the unattended mobs will start to hit u after some healing...

i dont know if this will do the same on venos pets though (as a mystic healing a venos pets), if unattended mobs will come to you from aggro heal on the venos pet. meaning i think it may be just the skills fault.

So mystics and venos heal skill is the same? And can heal each others? That's really cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

• violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So mystics and venos heal skill is the same? And can heal each others? That's really cool.

Yes, mystics and venos can heal each other's summons/pets, but they are not quite the same. The mystic's heal is faster, and has 1 m more range, but it also costs about three times the mana.
    Range 26.5 meters
    Mana 275
    Channel 0.5 seconds
    Cast 0.5 seconds
    Cooldown 1.0 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic instrument

Required Cultivation Spiritual Initiate
    Restores 540 points of your summon's HP,
    plus 30% of your Magic Attack.
    Range 25.5 meters
    Mana 95
    Channel 1.5 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 1.0seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic Instruments

Requisite Cultivation Spiritual Initiate
    Heal your pet, restoring 540 HP plus 30%
    of your magic attack.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ...the mystics' summon/pet heal channels and casts in 1.5 seconds less time than the venos'. less than half the time, in fact. and gives the same healing effect, to wit.

that. is. HUGE.

what my pets could tank with that heal speed and a MP charm... alternatively, the kinds of -chan% i'd need to even approach such heal speed...

edit: that old technique of having two venos healing one herc? well, i don't have a herc; i'm gonna get kicked to the curb for a mystic herc-cleric from now on, i think... b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    usage wise, yes its the same, and at lvl 10 they both heal the exact same amount. only thing is mystic can cast faster than venos, but it takes a **** load more mp (almost triple). only difference is the animation, and the "heal aggro." with myric, healing too much without the monster being dmged or not dmged , enough will cause the mob to come to you, as for venos, 1 hit with the pet and you can heal all u want, the mob wont come to u.

and yes, we can each each others pets.

the speed of healing makes me wonder about the tanking abilities the pets have. although the first pet might not be near a hercules tanking ability, i wonder if we can heal fast enough to keep it alive?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    as for venos, 1 hit with the pet and you can heal all u want, the mob wont come to u.

This technically isn't true. Say your tanking a boss and an add pops up. If you have your pet hit that add once, and then go back to the boss, you will eventually draw the aggro on the add on to you if all you do is heal. (This is assuming the pet isn't brambled. A brambled pet holds aggro a lot longer due to bramble generating more aggro.)

For veno pets, aggro is as follows:

pet attack skill > normal pet attack > heal

Bramble doesn't fit nicely into this chain as it is dependent upon the attack of what you're fighting. But the longer the fight goes, the more heal starts to win the aggro battle if bramble is the only thing it's fighting.

Pet debuff skills work a little differently and are thus excluded. This is apparent when you pull with a debuffing pet. (If you don't deal damage, the aggro doesn't transfer to the veno when the pet is stowed and the pull fails.

Heal having a stronger pull is more noticable if you use a pet much lower level than yourself.

In practice, this doesn't really matter since the aggro generated from heal is much lower than that of pet attacks and generally the adds will be dealt with faster than you can heal enough to pull aggro, but the rules work just the same.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Mauntille has the right of it. this is easy to see when fighting a group of mobs with a non-brambled pet; i'll have the pet hit one, tab to the next and hit that, meanwhile healing --- and if i don't tab back to hit the first one for a while, eventually i'll get heal aggro in spite of my pet having hit it. it takes a fair bit of healing, but it happens.

of course, far more often it's noxious gas that gets one or two of the crowd to switch target onto me instead... be interesting to see how mystics' AoE skills will work with such play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.