Seekers replaceing bms?

rmf92
rmf92 Posts: 4 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Seeker
Yeah yeah, very controversial. At this point i dont know whether to make a seeker or continue leveling my bm. my BM is 53 and im WAY more interested in end game dungeons and things like that, and im fairly new to the game. I dont want to level a bm to high level and realize that the seekers are going to be taking bms places in most dungeons. If you would like please input, lets not flame eachother everyone.. were all on here to play and have fun, but some people play for different things.
Post edited by rmf92 on

Comments

• Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    rmf92 wrote: »
    Yeah yeah, very controversial. At this point i dont know whether to make a seeker or continue leveling my bm. my BM is 53 and im WAY more interested in end game dungeons and things like that, and im fairly new to the game. I dont want to level a bm to high level and realize that the seekers are going to be taking bms places in most dungeons. If you would like please input, lets not flame eachother everyone.. were all on here to play and have fun, but some people play for different things.

I can't see this happening because the BMs will still have access to being 5 APS, something I highly doubt a seeker will manage too. And because of the 5 APS craze, I believe fist/claw BMs still will be the most wanted in pretty much every highleveled instance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • Shaor - Lost City
    Shaor - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    They will never replace bms. Seekers don't have that nice AOE stun or dragons for Frost runs and they can't use claws so they will never reach 5 aps. If you'e interested in Nirvana runs, stick to the blademaster. Level a seeker if you want but your blademaster will most likely end up in higher demand than your seeker at end game.
  • rmf92
    edited March 2011
    i see. now as i said im relatively new, i dont know what you guys mean by "APS". is that the attack per second?
    thanks for youre input.
  • Shaor - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Yes, aps is the number of attacks you deal per second. BMs and Sins can deal up to 5 attacks per second. Barbs and archers can do it too but archers have to add excess str and barb have to take away from vit while bms/sins can follow one of their class builds to do it. At endgame there is a high demand for high aps in things like HH and nirvana.
  • rmf92
    edited March 2011
    I see. now is it clear yet that a endgame seeker is able to reach the 5aps? or is it gaurenteed to not be able to happen?
  • Shaor - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    It CAN'T happen. You need to use fists/claws with a -0.1 interval stat (for BMs/archers/barbs, not a sin weapon expert but they need -interval on their weapon too) to reach 5 aps. Fists/Claws are class-bound to the 8 previous classes and daggers are sin-only. So since a seeker can't use fists/claws/daggers they can't get to 5 aps.
  • Vahar - Raging Tide
    Vahar - Raging Tide Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well the earthguard are fairly new and their skills arent all finished yet. So i would wait before comming to a conclusion for the earthguard classes. But i doubt that the seekers will totally replace the blademaster since each class has its own strengths etc. and besides, atm seekers wont be in demand since the earthguard came out only a day or so ago. But like i said...we gotta wait and see before we figure out if the seeker is useful in end game dungeons or not XD but you can lvl a seeker as your alt and see if you like it or not
  • Shaor - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Well the question was about replacing BMs. Which is a definite no just because bms have APS+Dragons+AOE stun. No doubt Seekers will have their own uses but they won't replace any of the other classes because, as you said, each class has its own strengths. Seekers sound like they have the potential to be monsters in pvp and good support/secondary-DDers in pve but we'll see once people figure out how to play them at endgame.
  • Rainmasta - Lost City
    Rainmasta - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Even assuming you could get a sword with -.1 interval on it, the maximum base of swords is 2.22. 2.22 isn't bad, but it only sparks to 2.86 or 3.33 (dont remember which) People will always prefer high aps.
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    They will never replace bms. Seekers don't have that nice AOE stun or dragons for Frost runs and they can't use claws so they will never reach 5 aps. If you'e interested in Nirvana runs, stick to the blademaster. Level a seeker if you want but your blademaster will most likely end up in higher demand than your seeker at end game.

they dont have Heaven's flame its true, but seekers do have 4 debuffs which last longer than a BM's HF. However, they're only point target. Further, seekers have a self buff that lets them stun on every attack, including their spiny sword of doom attack.

But; I do agree that with their lack of 5.0 will make them challenging at end game, but, may be fun to see where they'll fit if they prove their worth.

I'm currently trying to figure out why seekers have a - channeling buff.... which.... seems pointless....
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Magna - Harshlands
    Magna - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm currently trying to figure out why seekers have a - channeling buff.... which.... seems pointless....

Gemini Slash Level 10
    Range 25 meters
    Mana 142.6
    Channel 3.3 seconds
    Cast 2.0 seconds
    Cooldown 15.0 seconds
    Weapon Blade or Sword

Required Cultivation Aware of Coalescence

Attacks the enemies within 12 meters to the target,
    and deals base Physical damage, plus
    450% of weapon damage, plus 4915.
    Use on a target with the Spirit Bore status to deal massive Metal damage
    and reduce the target's Attack and Defense level.

Town portal, too.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Seeker isn't in the same league as BM..
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    That will never happen...

-less damage
    -can't 5.0
    -burn through mp like mystic
    -no good control skill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • axesnblades7
    axesnblades7 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I play as a BM, and Seeker is my alt (for now). From what I see, BMs do way more damage with axes, and are faster with fists (5 APS). Seekers can only use swords and blades, and so cant do as much damage, or attack as fast as a BM. Although I am starting to like Seekers cause of their skills. So BMs will never be replaced by Seekers.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Seeing as how even with a sword that has -0.1 (which as far as I'm aware doesn't exist) the max aps a seeker can get is 2.86, no way they'll ever replace BMs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."