Sharazen's Technique: First Mystic Guide

Options
Unseen_Shade - Archosaur
Unseen_Shade - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Mystic
Well here's the "perspective" I've gained so far with this class. This just class just feels natural to plus I had actually had fun grinding to some degree. So this class actually inspired me to make a guide.

Note:Keep in mind this guide is a constant work in progress.

Mystics, we're a pretty balanced class, we can summon, we can heal, and we have pretty magic. Oh yeah we can rez "ourselves" with the resurrect buff not just other players. So clerics are a back up plan.

pros:

1.Healing Skills
2.Resurrecting Buff
3.Decent Magic Attack
4.All terrain pets that we don't have to feed.
5.We lure more quickly than venos.
6.We can summon 2 pets at a time. >:)
7.People don't have to be a cross player
to be summoner because there are male mystics.

Cons:

1.With all these nice skills we're mana burners.
2.Our skills cost almost as much as clerics.
3.We're squishy for a summoner (without our pets)
4.Healing our pets drains our mana. Venos our unphased
by healing their pets.
5.We can't just tame any pets we see.
6.We might be considered sinister by pvpers.

Onto the Builds:

HA build: min. armor rest into mag. Don't make me laugh you'll never make it with this build. Although it would be interesting to see.

LA build: 3mag 1str 1dex every level. We're mana burners so believe me we need more mana than this build provides. I've played a light veno before had a massive drawback on me.

Pure Mag: We're summoners not wiz or psy. A pure veno isn't pvp material. Plus the way past all our neat pets is just to attack us directly. And we'll fall quick with this build. If people can 1 hit you in pvp anf tw then odds are you won't last long enough to kill them. Although an upside to it is increased mp.

Vit Mag Build: 2vit 1str 7mag every 2 levels. Sure we don't get much hp per point of vit,
but we can take a few hits. plus we can actually last long enough to heal ourselves.
Then again I'm used to playing clerics with this build, but it worked wonderfully.

Theoretical Build: 1str 4mag every level. This build seems promising. Although not sure whether str boosts def more than vit with mystics. If str gives more def than this build seems more promising than then the vit mag build.

Advised:I recommend vit mag build for now. If Theoretical Build proves viable then that one instead.

Next up is Skills:

ps, I swear we're mana burners but the skills make it worth it man.

Let's begin I'll be listing the skills by branch.

1st Branch

Nature's Vengeance: deals wood damage, plus it slows for 12 seconds. max this one. enough said.

Swirling Mist: I personely never found any use for this skill. just leave it at 1 and move on.

Absorb Soul: When used in combination with Nature's Vengeance it's damage doubles. Just plain Max this.
No more words needed.

Gale Force: I think it's your first AoE attack. deals some pretty good wood damage in reasonable area.
level this but pace yourself.

Bramble Tornado: Holy ****! A nuke AND knockback skill in one. pve, leave it at 1.
pvp, maxed this skill does 3.4k dmg minimum. so level it as you please.

Thicket: This skills is devastating and cool at the same. Summon miniplants to attack multiple targets and deal some serious damage. Use this with the cragglord and you could devour an entire squad! Not sure whether to level though sorry to say. Also us stun plant or creep plant if you have no mercy.......or aren't human.

2nd Branch:

These encompise cleric like skills though not as powerful.

Break in the Clouds:This is your only single target heal. Maxed this when you can.

Falling Petals: After you're attacked you get healed after 9 seconds. last's minute. a heal buff.
lvl 1 it just plain sucks. However at later levels it's seriosly powerful. 3 options: 1)level it to 5. 2)max it
at later levels. 3)just leave it at 1 and move on.

Resurrect: (AKA the rez buff) This skill is just plain wrong man. instant rez if you die within buff time limit. and you can use it on yourself as well as others. leave it at 1 though mana cost is too great 2.6k mp maxed.
You can also call it the undead buff.

Comforting Mist: Your own personal squad heal. level at your leisure.

3rd Branch:

First 3 Summons are permanant. 4th is temp.

Devil Chihyu:melee pet. least costly of all 4 pets. plus he's your first one so max this skill out!
Energy Leech:buffed phys def and crit rate.

Storm Mistress:mag pet. does metal dmg. should be good vs. melee players in pvp. max this I'm sure this pet has other uses.
Energy Leech: buffed magic atk and def.

Salvation: Can Shield you and your squadmates from dmg for a bit. Great for saving your backside. max this for the heck of it.
Energy Leech:buffed with absorb hp and and effects heal amount of Falling Petals.

Cragglord: Great for TW. Unleash this evil creature and watch as it works! (if you can stand the sight. =_o)
Use this for an edge on Nix or Herc veno. Or possibly entire squads. If you use any other skills with this you're either twisted or inhuman. Well this skill is well worth it's 20 seconds. Unfortunately you can't use Energy Leech on this pet. In terms of leveling I'm not sure. See what your twisted mind can come up with.

4th Branch:

Heal Summon:max it but pace yourself.

Transference: Perm Pets need mana for their skills. This skill gives them your mana for those skills. Level it as you see fit. But trust me it's worth.

Energy Leech: Sacrifice your pet to gain 2 added effects on yourself. Don't know about leveling this.

5th Branch:

These plants are on the field for one minute but it's a minute well used. ^^ Oh yes Lysing causes explosion with dmg and added effect.

Punishing Sting: name says it all. Use this to wail on your enemy. Level it as you please. And the dmg does increase with each level.
Lysing: AoE does 4 times phys dmg.

Befuddling Creeper: The "creep" plant. AoE, Weakens players and mobs. Decreases Mag and Phys def. Also decreases atk and casting too. pve leave it at 1. pvp get it to 5. If you use this in pvp you're pure evil my friend.
Lysing: AoE, Deals moderate dmg, decreases atk rate,phys def, and mag def.

Spidervine: The "slow" plant. PvE wise it's excellent for an escape so leave it at 1 odds are. Um pvp wise I don't know of how useful it would be.
Lysing: AoE, Deals moderate dmg, slows for 12 secs.

Listless Blossom: The "sleep" plant. AoE that causes sleep effect on the opponent for 6 seconds. Great for veno pets. great way past a nix or herc. however it's mostly effective at 1. unless you want a greater range with it.
Lysing: AoE deals moderate dmg, longer sleep.

Healing Herb: The "heal" plant. Heals over time. small amount for entire squad every 2 seconds. Not very effective for squad, good for soloing I guess. Leave it at 1 and save spirit for final plant.
Lysing:Can't be Lysed

Vital Herbs: this baby is far more useful it actually increases your hp recovery rate. only last for 12 seconds though. but should be worth the effort. Max this miracle worker. great for bosses.
Lysing:Can't be Lysed

Other Skills:(no branch)

Verdant Shell: A self buff. Great skill. Gives wood, water and plys def. Max it, enough said.

Lysing: Explode plants for AoE effect. deals dmg and added effect dependant on the plant. leave it at 1.

Wood Mastery: Increases wood damage by percentage. level it as you please.

Rapid Growth: decreases casting time. increases mag atk. last 20 secs. seriously powerful. Mystic's answer to wiz's Kama Sutra. Max this baby and unleash it on the world!

Well that's it for now with the guide.

Areas to come:PvP, PvE, TW, Combos, Dungeons,More Skills, Demon, Sage,Role in squad,soloability

Oh yeah I'm always looking for feed back. I would really appreciate it. ^^
Post edited by Unseen_Shade - Archosaur on

Comments

• Unseen_Shade - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    Options
    not done with the guide yet. just did this to save my progress.
  • Kyreah - Raging Tide
    Kyreah - Raging Tide Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Tell me ONE caster class that needs 1 str per level (HA/LA venos don't count b:chuckle)? You only need 1 str every two levels in order to wear current equipment, and adding extra doesn't do anything but gimp the points you could have put into magic or vit. There's nothing "promising" about adding stats you don't even need.
    xx LinneaSage - Level 66 Arcane Veno - {Retired}
    xx Ephemera - Level 46 Mystic - {Main}
    xx Kyreah - Level 29 Cleric
    xx Linneah - Level 24 HA Fox Veno
  • Akkuza - Raging Tide
    Akkuza - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This guide is decent so far, but some of the techniques in here aren't best for mystics. [ Appearance Wise for the guide, I suggest color coding the skills list for an easier read ].

First of all, we Mystics are a mana burning class, like you stated. We need mana to heal our pets, others, cast buffs and even attack with some decent powered skills. That way, I see it that the reasonable build for a mystic is 4 Magic, 1 Strength every even level and 5 Magic every odd level. You may say that we'll go down fast, but this makes our healing power and attack power much better, therefore causing survivability to enhance itself.

Now, as a caster class, we don't need strength every level, which boots the the theoretical build out of question; if you put one strength in EVERY level, you're just wasting a point that could go into mana [ or vit, if you prefer ]. We only need 1 strength every two levels to meet gear requirements [ unless for some reason you're rolling heavy armor... >_> ]

I'm not saying the Vit Mag Build is bad, it is decent if you're looking for survivablity, but once again, even veno's like to go Pure Mag because of the healing power for their pets and attacks.

Seeing as we're not straight veno copies, we need the magic. So I suggest going Pure Mag, because it works perfectly for me, and when I heal myself, it's more then enough.
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    Eliaera - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Can't believe guides are showing after just 2 days..You think you learned the class well enough in 2 days that you can write guides?

>.>
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    4 Magic, 1 Strength every even level and 5 Magic every odd level.

ive been doing 1 strength 4 mag every odd level and 5 mag every even lvl. does it make a big diffrence on rather or not u add strength on even/odd levels or not?

also this guide does not have nearly enought information. this is just another CLASSIC case of ppl wanting to be the "first" person to make the "first guide ever for mystics". id rather someone come 2 months after the expansion with a perfect guide then some nub that rushes a guide after only 2 days just so it can be the "first"

those kinds of ppl are just as bad as the guys on 4chan that types "first" at the beggining of every post. my suggestion to the OP is to ask a mod to delete this thread and then come back in a few more weeks and give a more detailed and informative guide. no one is gonna look at this guide anyway once the ppl that actually KNOW how to make a guide start posting.
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ive been doing 1 strength 4 mag every odd level and 5 mag every even lvl. does it make a big diffrence on rather or not u add strength on even/odd levels or not?

Nah, it's just important to keep doing it the same way.
    also this guide does not have nearly enought information. this is just another CLASSIC case of ppl wanting to be the "first" person to make the "first guide ever for mystics". id rather someone come 2 months after the expansion with a perfect guide then some nub that rushes a guide after only 2 days just so it can be the "first"

those kinds of ppl are just as bad as the guys on 4chan that types "first" at the beggining of every post. my suggestion to the OP is to ask a mod to delete this thread and then come back in a few more weeks and give a more detailed and informative guide. no one is gonna look at this guide anyway once the ppl that actually KNOW how to make a guide start posting.

^QFT^ Exactly what I was thinking.
  • Akkuza - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options

I honestly can't say If it makes a difference, but in all sense, it shouldn't. Since you need 1 strength every 2 levels, which is what you're doing, just in a different way, I think you're fine. You can always get a reset note if it's not working.
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I really don't see any point in using any other build than pure mag, tbh.

Vit build: Yay, you get 10 more HP every level. Whoopee. But those points that you put into vit to increase your survival could have been put into magic to boost your healing power and do the same thing, while also increasing your MP recovery, MP pool, and attack power (both of your skills, and your summon).

Str build: Everyone else here has pretty much summed it up, there's no point in putting 1 extra str in every two levels. Yes, adding str does increase your pdef, but by a very insignificant amount, and you'd be better off getting good pdef orns or sharding for pdef and going full mag.

The HA and LA build are just silly. Granted, you COULD make LA work, but it would be an uphill battle with your MP pool 99% of the time, and HA is just....no. Not with a class that needs 275 MP to heal their pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Akkuza - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I really don't see any point in using any other build than pure mag, tbh.

Vit build: Yay, you get 10 more HP every level. Whoopee. But those points that you put into vit to increase your survival could have been put into magic to boost your healing power and do the same thing, while also increasing your MP recovery, MP pool, and attack power (both of your skills, and your summon).

Str build: Everyone else here has pretty much summed it up, there's no point in putting 1 extra str in every two levels. Yes, adding str does increase your pdef, but by a very insignificant amount, and you'd be better off getting good pdef orns or sharding for pdef and going full mag.

The HA and LA build are just silly. Granted, you COULD make LA work, but it would be an uphill battle with your MP pool 99% of the time, and HA is just....no. Not with a class that needs 275 MP to heal their pet.

^ Everyone please read this. This is the best post regarding the Pure Mag build for mystics. Like he said, you have healing skills... just add to mana and the heals will be perfect.
  • Unseen_Shade - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    Options
    There was a reason the str build was called a theoretical build. Because it's a possibility.
    Not a proven method.

Also I have nothing against the pure magic build. I just believe mystics can be more than a glass cannon summoner. But the build is perfectly fine. Works plenty well.

Also It would be amusing to see a successfull HA Mystic never know.

Also you took the words out of my mouth on LA Mystics. It would most definitely be a uphill battle.

In terms of the vit mag build. For me personaly it's just balanced. Plus I intend to some vit and def shards to the mix. Probably use some psy strategies as well for deflecting sins. Can't forget refining the armor a bit as well.

And finally I created this guide to put this class into perspective. Basicaly to get the ball rolling. And trust me this guide is no where near complete.

Also thanks for the comments they're really helping me refine the guide.b:laugh ^^
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ah, well if you're including pointless theoretical builds why not include bowstic (bow-mystic, open to a better abbreviation)?
    And the 5aps Mystic.
  • Dalesr - Harshlands
    Dalesr - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    jemima wrote: »
    Ah, well if you're including pointless theoretical builds why not include bowstic (bow-mystic, open to a better abbreviation)?
    And the 5aps Mystic.

cause his theoretical build is plausible, whereas your builds are impossible due to the fact that mystics can't equip bows or claws zZz

also nice attitude coming from a hidden alt, ur so full of win b:cute
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    im sry and idc if im trolling but a HA or LA mystic just plain **** and there is no amount of reasoning/logic that you can give to prove otherwise.b:bye

devil chiyu is your HA. use it. and if thats not good enough, RE ROLL A GOD DAMN SEEKER.
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    cause his theoretical build is plausible

It's not plausible. There's simply no reason to add more strength than you need. No reason at all.
  • ShaoliXen - Lost City
    ShaoliXen - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    cause his theoretical build is plausible
    It's not plausible. There's simply no reason to add more strength than you need. No reason at all.

Its plausible but a pretty moronic concept. Such as a melee wizard just so they could use the Frostblade buff on themselves. Or perhaps a Bowveno with a ranged pet so they can be a "double archer". Or the idea of a Arcane Barb so they could tank magic bosses. The list of "plausible builds" goes on and on...