Put a minimum lvl on Frost City

2»

Comments

• CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So let me get this straight. You want fc to have a mini,um lvl because YOU can't/are not lvling your alt this way...yup..sounds fair
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I lvl'd a Mystic from lvl 1 to 40 in 1 run, Hypering at bosses, the halls, and the imfamous Room.

Carry on.

:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    51 seeker i leveled it to 30 normal quests then i went on fcs cause its boring doign the same quests over and over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Lvl'd my seeker to 18....and quickly dumped it. That thing is a piece of ****.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    That only applies to older players.

Here's a scenario for you:
    A person, who has played the game to level 100 on multiple characters, invites over a friend of his. However, he realizes that his friend might quit the game if he has to play alone all the way to 100. He also realizes that making a new character and educating his friend from level 1 to level 100 would be a long, tedious quest. So what does he do? He proceeds to powerlevel his friend to 100, gives him some decent gear and introduces him to his in-game friends so that this undergeared, unexperienced newbie can actually get himself into Nirvanas and BHs.

And believe me, that's going to happen with some people. Heck, it's already bad enough to see people wearing +3 Rank 8 stuff with Flawlesses in them, not to mention wearing TT90s or worse.

Also, power leveling isn't exactly accessible to everyone. For example, you'll need some pretty damn good friends or a lot of in-game coin to get yourself some. And those pretty damn good friends also have to be able to survive FCC without killing the lowbie or themselves and do it fast, too. Now, maybe I'm just weird but I think that kinda sounds like... high aps to me. And yeah, you might argue that 4-5 aps is all over the place on 100+, but it's still a fact that there aren't many of those in any of the factions that weren't on the map pre-reset. Even if you do, doesn't mean you'll be able to arrange it. It all only works perfectly when you're already a part of the top branch of the community.

Personally I cannot really complain much about powerleveling or skipping quests, considering that I don't think I
    ve done any quests past level 80 or so, ever. Mainly because they started being tedious on my archer and my Sin was leveled in FCC. Heck, this sin hasn't done that many quests since level 40.

But yes, the whole argument about powerlevelers not knowing their characters is pretty much moot, since the people doing the FCCs most likely either have played other classes for a long time or have friends like that, which means they'll get the hang of things pretty soon unless they're dumber than average. As for oraclers, everyone knows that oracles are an extremely inefficient way of leveling in terms of time and money, so most people wouldn't do that anymore.

I can see that a lot of people would complain about people getting level 100 Earthguards in a week, but not for the usual reasons. I'd say that the complaints would stem from the fact that getting that done takes a dedicated squad of people. And really, most people don't have the luxury of getting speedy FCCs whenever they need them, so leveling takes time. And watching others start from 1 and pass you in a week just because they have better friends with more time and willingness to help can be an irritating experience.

I got a friend's cleric to 100 with him having only pre-30 experience playing a cleric before. Now he's better than 95% of random clerics I squad with.

It's up to the player how the take in the content, and if they're only interested in endgame
    then that's their perogative.

You guys sound like the content police "you must enjoy THIS many lowbie quests before endgame."
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I got a friend's cleric to 100 with him having only pre-30 experience playing a cleric before. Now he's better than 95% of random clerics I squad with.

It's up to the player how the take in the content, and if they're only interested in endgame
    then that's their perogative.

You guys sound like the content police "you must enjoy THIS many lowbie quests before endgame."

This just goes to show and demonstrate, that even fast leveled players can be 'GOOD' players. I've squad-ed with people who wipe FCC parties and waste my charm, sure I wasn't happy but it's just another person I can wipe or who I don't want on my Friend's List. We have a wiki and if you learn you're class then you will be a valuable "asset" to -any- party. If you don't learn and you **** up more times than un-nescessary you don't deserve to be in the 'squad'

If you can play two characters at once on two computers then you will be a really valuable asset to raiding teams. If you can only play one that is fine as well. But, better to be REALLY good at one or two than **** at everything/class. Don't get me wrong, I'm very fault tolerant of people, but there is only so much a character can take before he/she gets annoyed/p@#$ed off. b:thanks
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Dear Devs,
    Since the new expansion has come out i have seen way to many lvl 1-10 toons being brought into FC. Thought the purpose of the FC REvamp was to give highlvls a new place to level. I have seen way too many of the new classes reach 80+ in the first day of the expansion coming out. IT took me over 6 months to reach lvl 80 and that was playing 5 to 6hrs a day. Now i'm playing 12 to 14hrs a day and lucky if i get maybe 30% a day in xp. Please do something to slow the lvling of the new classes. can we get a minimum lvl to enter FC similar to dragon temple?

Get a main lvl 100 and it you can do it. If you're not happy, just go in private servers... b:sweat
    We ALL lvl'ed to 100 without doing that, what's the point to reroll often if it takes SO much time to do that.

Some troll will say: Pff, he will never know his class

I answer: lol. I did many class, (Barb, BM, psy, sin, mystic, wiz, archer, etc) and it's EASY to play a class, do NOT mix with noob people (I agree sometimes you're not good with a class, like me with the archer) When you get an experienced main, you should know the job of EVERY class.

Mystic & Seeker are a new class, no one know how to play it. I dont mind PvE, all I want is PvP. I already found some combot without PvPing.

And by the way, you cant nerf the FC. A main stay in the exp room, open the quest for heads, leave the squad and the alts kill the heads. Only that

Sorry for my bad english <.<'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • fiercerage
    fiercerage Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    b:question I'm just curious have any of the Official GM's ever posted on the whole supposed lvling service. Doesn't paying another player even with in game coin still fall under the category of paying a 3rd party for it seeing as how gold can be bought with coin on this game. Just curious of someone like Franky or Kanto would respond on this and tell us if this is a legal way to lvl or not.b:scorn

One of the stupidest things I've ever read.
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Honestly, how does this even affect you, or anyone other than the person being power leveled? If they get bored at endgame after rushing to high level so quickly, that's their problem, not yours or anyone else. Especially if these people already have high leveled characters, it doesn't change in any way the fact that they're able to do high level instances. All it does is give them a new class to do it on.

And really, let's not pretend like video games are rocket science. People who want to play their class well will learn to play it well. People who don't can take over a year to hit 100 and still be completely horrible.
    how does it affect me..

reading responses to me it would seem that pretty much nobody gets where criticism is actually being levied

i have leveled several toons thru fcc... i can solo it on my sin... its not like i dont know how or am against players leveling their alts

nor do i believe that someone using oracles or fcc is a moron who doesnt know how to play their class from the get go

this game is easy to figure out for every class

i will try one more time, expecting more generic replies and little actual quality discussion

im aware that people "can" and "want" to pass up 99% of the content this game has to offer to get to end game but my criticism is on pwi wondering how good is their product if people are wanting to do this... it is very unorthodox to pass up 99% of game content just to get from 1 to 100 without anything but fcc in between

then of course from a player perspective beyond pvp there is almost nothing to do at 100+

normally i didnt care becuz i thought they were actually making new dungeons and **** but u will see that is a common criticism that they spend all this time only translating genesis expansion but have only added the new class area which is obvious as u cant plop them into existing cities, and guild bases.. this equates to no new content so as a player who has reached 100 several times over i ask pwi why the hell i should level yet another, and the question for players was more whats the point of leveling another to go through the exact same content again with a slap in the face for an expansion that this has turned out to be
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i personally see nothing wrong with how things are. who are we to judge how other people level their character? as stated several times, i'm not about got thoght all the quests i finsihed once beofre on a diffrent class. it would have been nice if each race had an entire difrent set of quests, but hey, i still may have skipped it anyways since, well, the quests, and therefore the story, is lacking.

i am more concerned with the fact that these people don't take the time to learn to play their class afterward. (heard about a level 90 veno that got killed in FB 51 on the first 2 mobs here in the forums. if this is true, then this jst proves my point lol.

and the arrogant attitude some have at being high level is also annoying.
  • ttyork
    ttyork Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Regardless of the acceptability of it or even the game rules validity, why don't all you people who think power-leveling other chars up into the 80's is a good idea try grouping with some of them. I was in a bh with a power-levelled 74 sin who couldn't figure out how to do a damn thing. If you want those kind of people in your group, then keep them. I sure don't need to carry a level 74 baby around for fun just because mommy gave him her credit card to stop him from crying.