Bug (?) In Divine Emissary of the Shadow Goods

Bosk - Sanctuary
Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Support Desk
With any big release like this latest one, there are going to be some bugs. I have noticed a few so far:

- General Summer revers to Divine Emissary of Light being for anyone from Lv 20 to 20 (not 50)
- He also says you can buy a Sign of Light for 10,0000 coins ... is that 100,000 or 10,000?

But an actual serious bug (I think/hope) is in the screen of the Divine Emissary of the Shadow / Divine Goods / Misc. / Divine Honor of the Light.

The requirement to make this is a Divine Honor of the Void. I think it SHOULD be a Divine Honor of the Shadow.

As far as I can tell, Light, Shadow and Void basically refer to the levels involved. So, if you want to make something that is lower level than 80, you can by taking your Divine Honor of the Void and converting it to a Divine Honor of the Shadow. That makes sense.

However, if you want to make something even lower level, then you SHOULD be able to use a Divine Honor of the Shadow to make a Divine Honor of the Light. This is not the case as it is now, but instead, you can only use a Void to make a Shadow or a Light.

I hope this is just a bug and I hope it can be fixed in an upcoming release, as it kind of limits some of the things that can be done for players between level 51 and 80. For example, a level 81 player can convert a Void into 5 different kinds of herbs, but a level 80 player is limited to only 1 of those. And a level 50 player can make 2.

Probably the most noticeable problem, however, is with trying to make special weapons that are around level 50+. For example, the Sound Chaser: this item is level 51, and requires 6 Divine Honors of the Light, however a level 51 player can only get Divine Honors of the Shadow, and cannot convert them to Lights.

Others such problems occur with:

- Gale Dual Hammers: Level 51 requiring 6 Lights
- Lotus Malevolence: Level 50 requiring 6 Lights
- The Penetrator: Level 53 requiring 6 Lights
- Fine Pataka of Bodhi: Level 51 requiring 6 Lights
- Cloud Thorn: Level 56 requiring 6 Lights
- Phoenix Soulsphere: Level 56 requiring 6 Lights

I am pretty sure that all that has to change is that making a Divine Order of the Light should use Divine Order of the Shadows, not Divine Orders of the Void.

Otherwise though, this has been a great expansion so far. Thanks!

Good Luck!
Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
Post edited by Bosk - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    also some things got missplaced (i think) at whichever one it is you can get weapons from. there is a "mag" categori that has wands and glaives etc. there is also a sword category that has bm/seeker stuff but it also has saky's light, requiem blade and a couple other magic swords.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The poleblades are also pretty much just put in at random places.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Deadlife - Lost City
    Deadlife - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Does anyone even know or understand how to aquire these orders and honors?

Ive only gotten something from a lvl 20 quest which only allowed me to do 2 divine contracts, I personally led myself to beleive it was what needed to be done in order to aquire the divine honor of light in order to get myself the lvl 22 and up molds...however upon completing these tasks all i received was a minute amount of xp/spirit, no more quests able to be taken, and still have the item that granted me the quests in my inventory which seems entirely useless and unreusable....

Ive tried to log onto my higher characters to see if maybe they have some quests or something pertaining to this....and I have had no luck in pinpointing anything of that nature...

so....how do I aquire these divine orders/honors in order to trade for molds, and other things? forums, google, and database searches have left me uninformed

thanks
  • Malagard - Raging Tide
    Malagard - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have same problem, deadlife... I'm level 90, I get a divine thingie item from BH, and it seems to have no use. it is time limited, and says to go to divine NPC void. But nothing can be done there, not at other NPCs.... I'm kinda stranded there. b:surrender could someone be kind enough to tell me what I'm doing wrong please?
    Also, I need a divine order void to refresh quest list at NPC void. I haven't figured how to get it yet. Any advice would be welcome, thank you b:thanks
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Being that this is only the second day, I reserve the right to make grievous errors in my description of how I think things work. So with that in mind ...

At Level 20 you can do the following:

- See General Summer and get a "Divine Order of the Light"
    - Take the Divine Order of the Light to the Divine Emissary of the Light
    - Enter into "Divine Contracts" (only available if you have the Order)
    - Fulfill the Contracts like Quests (some bonus EXP, Spirit, Coins, Items)
    - The main (maybe only) item you want is a "Divine Honor of the Light"
    - The Honor is only (not sure) available from "Blue" and/or "Purple" quests
    - NOTE: Not every Blue/Purple quest gives an Honor
    - With the Honors you can trade for many things, including:
    - - Runecrafting Manuals (Level 1 requires Shadow Honors, so it is limited to level 50+)
    - - Herbs (there are 5 herbs with basic healing)
    - - Weapons (several Legendary weapons are available via trading)
    - - A "Divine Seal of the Light" - This allows you to refresh today's Divine Contract list (limited times)
    - - NOTE: None of the Divine Items can be traded

NOTE: You can trade for different things from different Divine NPCs:
    - To get the Seals to refresh the Contract List, you have to talk to the Shadow NPC even though you might need a Light seal
    - I have not seen a Void seal, so I am not sure how to refresh the Void Contract List (Perhaps this is another bug?)

At level 51 things change a bit. Instead of seeing General Summer, you receive the "Divine Order of the Shadow" from quests or other means (drops, NPC purchase). The most notable is the BH-1 quest now has an Order attached to it.

Divine Orders of the Shadow allow you to make Divine Contracts with the Divine Emissary of the Shadow.

Again, Blue/Purple quests potentially award Divine Honors of the Shadow which can be used for trading items as well.

Divine Orders of the Shadow also are time limited ... only 2 hours. The Divine Order of the Light does not have a time limit.

At level 81, things change again in that "Shadow" becomes "Void", however other than that, things are the same as mentioned already.

NOTE: When creating a Weapon, you need to DRAG the Honors from your Bag onto the Honor in the crafting window. This is like building High Level skill books in 1k Streams, but not everyone might have done that yet.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck!
  • Malagard - Raging Tide
    Malagard - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Thank you, o wizened furry scholar. b:laugh
    I'll try again tomorrow, and I'll post again once I've failed. b:victory
  • zduba
    zduba Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    How can i get Divine Seal Of the Void for refreshing the quest list from Divine Emissary of the Void???
  • Gen_ - Dreamweaver
    Gen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm still testing things w/ the divine quests, however, I have noticed that you select 'Divine Contracts' to pick up the quests and use 'Quest Related' to turn in the contract...Also General Summer the comma is in the wrong spot..it lists it as 10,0000...it costs 100,000. If it does indeed take a void->shadow->light that is going to suck for the fact of taking a level 81+ to get a simple level 22 led. weapon for my new seeker -.-'
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    zduba wrote: »
    How can i get Divine Seal Of the Void for refreshing the quest list from Divine Emissary of the Void???

You do not get the Divine Seal of the Void from any of the Divine Emissaries as far as I can tell. As I said before I think that might be another bug.
    If it does indeed take a void->shadow->light that is going to suck for the fact of taking a level 81+ to get a simple level 22 led. weapon for my new seeker -.-'

I don't think that matters, because according to the Divine Emissary of the Void's intro, none of the weapons you can get from him can be traded. It might be possible to put them in your Account Stash, but if not, then your seeker is going to have to get those Light Honors on her own.

Good Luck!
  • scifer
    scifer Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Totally lost on this quest. the only way to get the seal is to exchange it with the honour u get from the quest? and even if u get the quest the next time, its not for sure u can get the honour after that, so the quest mite just end like that? i could not seems to get any refresh after that and the 1st order with get seems to be stuck in the inventory and serve no purpose? does this quest refresh everyday?
  • Kurumilla - Raging Tide
    Kurumilla - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ok, i did the quest what divine emissary of the shadows ask and i get a "token" from him. but second day and i did the quest that was assigned that day and i dont got the "token" when in quest rewards say it.

weird, no?

i dont did those quest in this char, i did it in my cleric (77)