Expansion Enables Gamepads without Settings - LOL

BlazingSky - Dreamweaver
BlazingSky - Dreamweaver Posts: 79 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
It took me some time to figure out why my mouse moved uncontrollably after the expansion. I came to realize that the game now enables gamepad controllers without offering any settings for them. On top of that, there is no dead zone for the joysticks, causing them to make either my character or my mouse cursor move uncontrollably if the joysticks are not absolutely dead center. Dead zones are a fundamental part of joystick use in games. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that PW got that so horribly wrong in addition to not even including any settings for my gamepad. If I could simply disable my gamepad in-game, this joystick problem wouldn't even exist. Wow, how lame! LOL!

Perfect World: The only place where farmers can get rich.
Post edited by BlazingSky - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• BlazingSky - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    UPDATE:

I found a work-around for this. By launching elementclient.exe instead of the default patcher.exe, the gamepad support is disabled. This allows me to use XPadder if I want.

• BigPizza - Lost City
    BigPizza - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    nice fix find! havent logged in yet im still patching my client to Genisis
  • jiq
    jiq Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    That's weird, I didn't have mouse problems after the expansion. o.o And I always start with patcher.
  • BlazingSky - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    jiq wrote: »
    That's weird, I didn't have mouse problems after the expansion. o.o And I always start with patcher.

The mouse bug was just from my joystick not being in its dead zone. Did you read the whole post?