stash box weapon time limit

2»

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    it isnt just the sword that has a pitifully short use time-the kite and who knows what. the sword isnt a really big problem, but the kite and the lv50 sword are. (assuming that sword is in there. every other race has some sort of air mount that, though slow, gets you where you need to go in the air. only the EB are cheated of this, and PWE forces them to buy kites . at this point in the game, few would have millions to buy one of AH, even if there were any on for sale. this move of the company is so wrong in so many ways, forcing people who do not have the RL money to buy gold and then buy off the CS, or wait till hell freezes over for one on the AH they can afford. one thing i see constantly in this forum is 'you just arent grinding enough', and comments of that nature. guess those players dont have a real life yet, because in RL, most people have to work full days, come home tired and hungry, and want to spend time with their families. as for gold, most have to spend that money on little things like food, rent, gas money and other bills most families dont have a PC for every member so they can play here-we dont, thats for sure. so most players here who make those comments are kids who have only homework to race through then hit the game, and are still having mom and dad pay their bills-including their demands for game money, too, most likely

You're world isn't the only real world you know. Everyone has different lives and just because someone does something different than you doesn't mean they are all falling into some kind of stereotype. I happen to be working my way through college, I often don't get home until midnight. Far from my parents paying my bills, I have worked hard for all that I own. In fact, sometimes I end up helping them out. After I get home, I usually unwind for an hour or so and then go to bed for 6 hours and then its back to working hard. I started leveling my cleric who was already level 10 when the anniversary stuff came out, and still use my anni mount. See my level? Not very much since growth, and very slow going. Sometimes I put 10 bucks here and there onto the character, but I still know how to play my class. Probably better than some people since I rely on quests and learning squad dynamics through boss runs and don't hyper/oracle. Just not my thing, though I tried it with one set of hypers it was simply too much relying on others and too much work/time commitment for me. I know other person who is working full time and going to night school to get his PHD so that he can get better job opportunities. Another working on his doctorate in English so he can be a professor. There all different types of people who play this game and they all live in the real world.

edit: all though since this is my second to last semester, I've had a lot more time in between classes to play. And a lot less time consuming classes. b:smile I've been on a LOT lately and leveling much faster. b:victory

edit again: Not to start a flame war though. Hypering a fc can teach you a lot about a class even if you learn later in levels than others. Play the game the way you want, it's just a game.

/end rant

I really, really dislike the timers. IT makes it really difficult for people like me. Who like to take our time. There isn't one specific way this game SHOULD be played. There are many different ways to play this game and have fun. And people should be able to play their game the way they want to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    my use of "work" includes schoolwork-i have two kids in school still, one who works with artificial marble, and a 20 year old mentally disabled son who is my full time job. my husband, a HS English teacher,works from 8 am till 3 or 4am, to take care of us. all of us have played PWI at some point or other, to varying degrees of interest. and all have wanted/needed CS items, but because of their work, dont have time to grind coin to buy on AH. but with so many of in the family, only the son who works away from home has cash to blow on frivolities like the game...otherwise, his bills are paid, living here at home. im sure that when he moves out, he'll learn, as most do, what RL costs...and the CS goodies here eat a hell of a hole in both family budgets and singles who dont have the worlds best jobs.
    You're world isn't the only real world you know. Everyone has different lives and just because someone does something different than you doesn't mean they are all falling into some kind of stereotype. I happen to be working my way through college, I often don't get home until midnight. Far from my parents paying my bills, I have worked hard for all that I own. In fact, sometimes I end up helping them out. After I get home, I usually unwind for an hour or so and then go to bed for 6 hours and then its back to working hard. I started leveling my cleric who was already level 10 when the anniversary stuff came out, and still use my anni mount. See my level? Not very much since growth, and very slow going. Sometimes I put 10 bucks here and there onto the character, but I still know how to play my class. Probably better than some people since I rely on quests and learning squad dynamics through boss runs and don't hyper/oracle. Just not my thing, though I tried it with one set of hypers it was simply too much relying on others and too much work/time commitment for me. I know other person who is working full time and going to night school to get his PHD so that he can get better job opportunities. Another working on his doctorate in English so he can be a professor. There all different types of people who play this game and they all live in the real world.

edit: all though since this is my second to last semester, I've had a lot more time in between classes to play. And a lot less time consuming classes. b:smile I've been on a LOT lately and leveling much faster. b:victory

edit again: Not to start a flame war though. Hypering a fc can teach you a lot about a class even if you learn later in levels than others. Play the game the way you want, it's just a game.

/end rant

I really, really dislike the timers. IT makes it really difficult for people like me. Who like to take our time. There isn't one specific way this game SHOULD be played. There are many different ways to play this game and have fun. And people should be able to play their game the way they want to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    my use of "work" includes schoolwork-i have two kids in school still, one who works with artificial marble, and a 20 year old mentally disabled son who is my full time job. my husband, a HS English teacher,works from 8 am till 3 or 4am, to take care of us. all of us have played PWI at some point or other, to varying degrees of interest. and all have wanted/needed CS items, but because of their work, dont have time to grind coin to buy on AH. but with so many of in the family, only the son who works away from home has cash to blow on frivolities like the game...otherwise, his bills are paid, living here at home. im sure that when he moves out, he'll learn, as most do, what RL costs...and the CS goodies here eat a hell of a hole in both family budgets and singles who dont have the worlds best jobs.

My point wasn't that it can't be expensive. Nor was it that everyone can afford to cashshop. My point is that RL Costs for people are different, some people can afford a small modest entertainment budget and some cannot. My little brother who is 14 actually uses another game's catshop, which won't be named for obvious forum rules. My parents don't buy it. He saves up empty bottles from around the house and deposits the coins into his piggy bank. When he gets enough money, be buys stuff from there. That way he can recycle, and cash shop his game. I know another guy whose entire entertainment budget comes from collecting empty cans at tailgating at the stadium where I go to college. He doesn't even own a car because he can't afford it, and his parents are drug addicts who don't give any ounce of support. He doesn't believe in government assistance and works two jobs to put himself through school. He pays for everything. but because of the bus system here, he doesn't need one. So he opts for a entertainment budget instead, enjoying his little free time and spending money he gets in creative ways. Like I said, not everyone who spends money on this game is some kid who doesn't live in the "Real world."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2011

I'm the same way. I have a dozen alts I love to switch between, and that means none of my toons get any big chunks of my time... which means that I'll play with timed items for an hour or so, and then they'll be gone by the time I cycle back to that toon. I love taking my time, because it feels like I'm getting a fuller experience of the game.

I just started a Seeker and was unpleasantly surprised by the timed sword at 5. I don't think I'll level her anymore... not until they make the level 20, and particularly the hammer-needing 50, weapons permanent again, just like they are for every other race. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    actually every other race is timed now too rofl. I lvl'ed my alt account's cleric bank toon to 5 just to look. but apparently they're not timed if you ALREADY had one... lol it's like wtf?
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I just found that out on a new barb alt. They're all timed now. There's also a hefty pack of charms with the 5 weapons that weren't there before... but, honestly? I'd rather not get the charms, and be allowed to keep the weapon permanently instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear
    KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i like that there is a time limit because it makes the person say "oh i need to get a move on and get something better and LVL UP"..stuff liek that.
  • redbuds4me
    redbuds4me Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    just to let you guys know the lvl 50 supply stash weapons are timed now since the new update. make a lot of since make you pay to open it then give you a temporary weapon
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I wrote a ticket over the timed weapon issue. If they're gonna charge me $5 dollars to open that box, there had better be a permanent weapon in it. I opened it for my veno so luckily I have a sword for my mystic and cleric to share. But what about my assassin and barb? It would also be different if you could craft a comprable weapon, but you can't. I'm boycotting the cash shop until they change it back. I'm also not going to level my other characters til something happens. That may soon mean I quit playing. I hope we're flooding them with enough tickets to make them listen.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I wrote a ticket over the timed weapon issue. If they're gonna charge me $5 dollars to open that box, there had better be a permanent weapon in it. I opened it for my veno so luckily I have a sword for my mystic and cleric to share. But what about my assassin and barb? It would also be different if you could craft a comprable weapon, but you can't. I'm boycotting the cash shop until they change it back. I'm also not going to level my other characters til something happens. That may soon mean I quit playing. I hope we're flooding them with enough tickets to make them listen.

Uhhh... wtf?

The magic sword from the level 50 stash sucks. Lots of people see 3% channeling and **** bricks, but it's REALLY NOT FANTASTIC.

You COULD have taken that five bucks, gone to your local Auctioneer, and gold traded 4 gold off. Use 92 silver you would have left for dragon orbs or something similar, and sell those to other players, or use them to refine something...

Hey, look! You just turned 5 bucks into 4 mil coins! Wow! Now you can buy a Wheel of Fate AND refine it to have better stats than the sword did! OR, you can just use a purple 3 star equip until you're level 60, then make an Ancient Arbor for free, more or less!

The ONLY use the stash had for me after level 50 was the shards in it, and even then, it wasn't worth 5 bucks. I got hammers when they were on sale and really cheap from other players. But, you cannot turn that sword back into coins later...

Sooooo not worth it.

And the stash weapons having timers basically means... I'm not gonna be bothering with hammers anymore anyway. Timer = NTY.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • tahvohck1
    tahvohck1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Has there been any news on this in the past half month or so? Is there any intent to get rid of the timers?
  • Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear
    Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    awnee wrote: »
    hey

lvl 50 supply stash
    general summers magicsword
    duration 13 days 21 hours :/

thats new cos on another char this weapon has no timelimit and its usefull up to lvl 70+
    I remeber times when weapon from lv. 50 supply stash was NO time limited. I sold mine to NPC. I was using it for long time. But the gold was then around +-200K I think.
  • Kuddadar - Sanctuary
    Kuddadar - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Isn't it true that if don't open the the 50 supply stash, you will not the 55, 60, 65 ... ones?
  • Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear
    Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Isn't it true that if don't open the the 50 supply stash, you will not the 55, 60, 65 ... ones?

yes it's true.
  • DudeLupus - Raging Tide
    DudeLupus - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I can kinda understand the time limit thing, but it really does suck for people who play multiple characters. At the very least, they should change the timers so that they are for "x game hours" meaning you have them for so many hours IN-GAME. That way time doesn't tick away when you are playing another char.

Surely the times would be shorter, but at least you would get a chance to use the stash boxes for all of your characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i used my supply stash weapon untill i powerleveled to 100 so i could buy my rank 8 weapon.
    i hate farming gear and grinding, so i just paid to join FF squads and hung back while they did all the work for me, now i have my pro rank 8 weapon and didnt ever have to farm gear.
    guess im lucky i got my stash weapon before they put a timer on it, i would hate to have to figure out how to make gear, or use the AH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gigglesnort - Lost City
    Gigglesnort - Lost City Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    guess im lucky i got my stash weapon before they put a timer on it, i would hate to have to figure out how to make gear, or use the AH.

You're joking, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    yeah, one of the more stupid and infuriating 'fixes' of this new addition is this time limit on weapons. not everyone has the time to do all the quests at one go that are required of their level, so when you finally got a bit of free time from the work in real life, to have your stash box weapon go 'poof' in the middle of a battle, with nothing to back it up, is not a good thing to have happen, to say the least,

I still have my stash weapons, and still use them at times, when i need something with less clout than my glave or endless ambiguity. for that matter, i still have my original wand, that i hold when my kids and i go out to catch low level pets, or just are playing around in low level gear in high level areas ^_^.

my daughter had this happen to her last night....she had been playing a new alt the other night, opened the stash box, got a new weapon, played a little longer. then yesterday had quite a long paper to do. last night, she gets on the game, and is mid battle when her daggers timed out, and she was left with nothing to fight with.

so the whole business of going to the trouble of making weapons time out 1} a waste of time on the part of the PWE devs, because it was utterly unnecessary. what did they think, that players were going to run out and AH or NPC them, and make millions of coin? HA! 2} what made them think that players would be able to staying at the level of the timed weapons for that short a period? there may be a huge number of players who have no life outside of this game, but there are many more who DO have a real life, that use this game as a relaxation, something fun to do in addition to other pastimes with the family. so PWE forces the player to return, or lose the weapon. where is a player that new supposed to get a decent new one-many of which are totally new to the whole way the game runs, and likely will have to get one from the NPC, a weapon much worse than the one they had had.

i know it sounds corny, but its totally unfair to timer anything out of the stash box, wings were bad enough, weapons is out of the question.

Why is there a time limit on the new race's lvl 5 stash box weapon. thier is not a time limit on ANY OTHERS why is it that pwi keeps **** the new ppl or the ppl that have been here for years. i just waunder if anyone else HATES the timed stash box weapons.............. sincerely.... verry PISSED off 2+ year player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Once my characters get the lvl 50 box, I'm trashing them. Not worth the hammer anymore. Even a 500k hammer isn't worth it.

The box of coins in DQ rewards is stupid enough. Trying to get us to buy hammers. =\ Yeah, buy a 5g hammer to get 1mil coins. Why not just sell 4g, get 3 mil coins, use the 95 silver you ahve left to buy something that's useful or in demand, and sell it? There's usually something for 5s-55s that's useful in Boutique that can be sold for nice profit or used for nice results.

5 mil for 5g beats the living hell out of 1 mil for 5g.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Gigglesnort - Lost City
    Gigglesnort - Lost City Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Once my characters get the lvl 50 box, I'm trashing them. Not worth the hammer anymore. Even a 500k hammer isn't worth it.

The box of coins in DQ rewards is stupid enough. Trying to get us to buy hammers. =\ Yeah, buy a 5g hammer to get 1mil coins. Why not just sell 4g, get 3 mil coins, use the 95 silver you ahve left to buy something that's useful or in demand, and sell it? There's usually something for 5s-55s that's useful in Boutique that can be sold for nice profit or used for nice results.

5 mil for 5g beats the living hell out of 1 mil for 5g.

I don't think that you understand that you trade in the chests that you already have for DQ reward points.

Not buy another chest with DQ reward points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • morganna
    morganna Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i pretty disapointed myself with the lvl 50 weapon, i looked it up in a stash guild list no mention of a time limit obviously written before there was one, and went and bought the hammer cause i had some gold left from grabbing charms now to see there's a time limit on it if i had known beforehand i wouldn't have bothered to waste the money on it, the weapon charms, potions, and the box of coins aren't worth the 5g and for those that really dont have hours to play buying it makes even less sense, though i understand why they wouldnt want you to really share a $5 item between chars...so they can get $5 from every char but still i think it ends up hurting their sales more personally i would have made it char bound maybe, but that's just me