How does mystic ulti stack against other classes?

Options
RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Mystic
Thicket, the level 59 skill does 12x weapon damage + 3755 at level 1.

When you use it, it summons a bunch of plants. At 63 on quillhog near wellspring, it does 3,755 multiple times. No spark or crit. The mob dies before all of them can attack though.

Any ideas?
/quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
Post edited by RouxLouka - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• MrSnipe - Raging Tide
    MrSnipe - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    12x weapon damage? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

a sniping CAT! b:shocked
    Run for your lives!
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Wow, thats pretty good! I wonder how it looks like. Maybe several giant thorny roots come out of the ground and lash at the mobs? And, interesting, you mentioned that it attacks multiple times? Multiple giant root summons going crazy? b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Actually it's just tiny plant creatures. They surround the mobs, then attack. Can apparently silence and seal too.

2zpuzrb.jpg
    /quit.

• violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

When you use it, it summons a bunch of plants. At 63 on quillhog near wellspring, it does 3,755 multiple times. No spark or crit. The mob dies before all of them can attack though.

Any ideas?

That is just.... wow!!! =O!!!!!!!!!!

I thought it was a typo or some other kind of error when I first saw that!!!!
  • Piximin - Lost City
    Piximin - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That's the skill that doesnt apply to other players for balancing purposes.
    The silence and sleep most probably still works but the damage is altered when used on players.

Or what was it the thread starter meant lol? got confused.
  • violetvalor
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That's the skill that doesnt apply to other players for balancing purposes.
    The silence and sleep most probably still works but the damage is altered when used on players.

Or what was it the thread starter meant lol? got confused.

Do you mean the skill Absorb Soul?
    Range: 18.4 meters
    Mana: 79.8
    Channel: 5.0 seconds
    Cast: 0.8 seconds
    Cooldown: 2.0 seconds
    Weapon: Unarmed, Magic instrument

Requisite Cultivation: Aware of Principle
    Deals Physical Damage equal to 125% of your Magic
    Damage plus 486.2 to players. Deals Physical Damage
    equal to 200% of your Magic Damage plus 907 to monsters.
    Absorb Soul cannot cause a critical strike.
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Actually it's just tiny plant creatures. They surround the mobs, then attack. Can apparently silence and seal too.

2zpuzrb.jpg

Tiny plant creatures? Grass gone wild! b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • shadesofgraey
    shadesofgraey Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This isn't the skill thats nurfed for pvp, absorb souls the only one.
    Though if the skill desc is right this skill should be nurfed... that is insanely op lol.
    Surely it can't do that much damage ine on moment, it must essentially be a dot. Like it summons it for 20 seconds and in that time it does 12x weapon dmg + whatever.
    Will be funny if it actually hits that hard in one shot though. Can you imagine an r9 + 12 weapon using a skill that hits for 12x weapon damage b:shocked One shotting the game ftw.
  • theredsand
    theredsand Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This isn't the skill thats nurfed for pvp, absorb souls the only one.
    Though if the skill desc is right this skill should be nurfed... that is insanely op lol.
    Surely it can't do that much damage ine on moment, it must essentially be a dot. Like it summons it for 20 seconds and in that time it does 12x weapon dmg + whatever.
    Will be funny if it actually hits that hard in one shot though. Can you imagine an r9 + 12 weapon using a skill that hits for 12x weapon damage b:shocked One shotting the game ftw.

I don't think that skill is OP at all considering APS didn't get nerfed. Just gives a caster a chance to do good dps like our fisters.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ...i don't think any other class can one-skill kill quillhog at level 63. last time i tried to solo him on my veno, i got clobbered, and i was higher than that then with a decently fitted-out and leveled-up pet. barbs or archers might be able to solo him at that level, i'm not sure, but if they can oneshot him i'd be incredibly surprised; OP mystics, nurf nao?

(uh, maybe wizzies can handle him that early? need to ask one of the wizards in my guild...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • theredsand
    theredsand Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ...i don't think any other class can one-skill kill quillhog at level 63. last time i tried to solo him on my veno, i got clobbered, and i was higher than that then with a decently fitted-out and leveled-up pet. barbs or archers might be able to solo him at that level, i'm not sure, but if they can oneshot him i'd be incredibly surprised; OP mystics, nurf nao?

(uh, maybe wizzies can handle him that early? need to ask one of the wizards in my guild...)

Nah wizzys would get 1-2 shotted but I've solo'd him with my archer and bm at the same lvl.
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    Eliaera - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Any ideas?

Want to clarify something. You're talking about a mob named "Quillhog something" or the boss Quillhog King?
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Quillhog king is waaaay far from wellspring. Probably a mob there.
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Quillhog king is waaaay far from wellspring. Probably a mob there.

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. People seem to think she's talking about the boss so that's why I asked.
  • Maya_Natsume - Harshlands
    Maya_Natsume - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Thats skill is awesome because u can summon 3 plants at the same time and explode them using your lysing ability and not only slow, sleep, lowers attack rate and channeling, also lowers the phy and magic defense... Mystics are awesome so far
    edited March 2011
    Options
    yeah, i did think this was talking about Oggo the Quillhog King near tusk town. i completely missed reading the "wellspring" part, d'oh. ok, so maybe no nurf then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Abraham__ - Archosaur
    Abraham__ - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol im getting quite scared now
    practically freaked out . Mystic might replace all venos and other mages
    its quite unfair for a class to be overpowered then all the other classes.
    Just hope that pwi will do something to reduce the power of the mystics or increase the power of other classes

sorry for my bad english.
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol im getting quite scared now
    practically freaked out . Mystic might replace all venos and other mages
    its quite unfair for a class to be overpowered then all the other classes.
    Just hope that pwi will do something to reduce the power of the mystics or increase the power of other classes

sorry for my bad english.

I'm goona quote myself from another thread: "We're talking about a world where people can hit 5 times per second". Do you really think mystics are the problem which ruins the balance?

And please explain what you mean by "replace all venos and other mages". I never got this. How can a class replace another?
    edited March 2011
    Options
    And please explain what you mean by "replace all venos and other mages". I never got this. How can a class replace another?

by serving every useful and/or popular function the other class does, and do it better or cheaper.

no, i'm not convinced mystics will replace any other class --- yet. as people learn to play it well, who knows, it might. or it might not, time will tell.
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    by serving every useful and/or popular function the other class does, and do it better or cheaper.

Well isn't venos' usefulness considered to be amplify, debuffs and purge? Mystics aren't good at those so why do people say they will replace venos?

To try and answer my own question..because of the pet? Because the only way mystics' pet could replace venos' pet is by having one with similar stats to a herc which costs like 100mil. If that happens then I would understand. But it soo doesn't seem likely..
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    mystics are far from OP. they still can get one shotted by any sin that is smart enought to go for the mystic and not the pet. seekers at a high enough lvl can aoe both the mystic AND there pets to death and probally kill them all at the same time. likewise tho the mystic can probably 1 or 2 shot the seeker if given enought leeway.

with all that said, psychics are more OP then a mystic lol... mystics really dont have many pvp oriented skills im afraid.

then again... now that i think about it. mystics DO have a skill that can severely cripple 5aps classes. but it still wont matter much. we will just have to wait and see to find out how good mystics really are in pvp. the expansion only been out 2 days... way to soon to call them OP. any mystics that are lvl 9x+ right now have no clue on how to pvp with them, that is a FACT. hypering ur way to 9x isnt a good way to find out how the class works in pvp. and neither is dueling at lvl 2x. it takes months of dedication and figuring out what combos/skills work best for the class.
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Speaking of quillhog king. I just soloed it at 80. My Devil Chihyu only has 3k hp. The pet heals were fast enough that it didn't matter that it was getting hit for 1.5k + 300 reflect damage.
    /quit.

• Vetrobor - Raging Tide
    Vetrobor - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    125% is not 12x
    it is 1.25x
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

2zpuzrb.jpg
    125% is not 12x
    it is 1.25x

See the image b:laugh typo or what ? b:laugh
    I think some people start from page 2 didn't check it . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    friend of mine with a lvl 93 mystic says it is probably a typo. Doesn't do the damage you'd expect.. but he hasn't really done the math to figure out what its supposed to be/what it actually does.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • violetvalor
    edited March 2011
    Options
    friend of mine with a lvl 93 mystic says it is probably a typo. Doesn't do the damage you'd expect.. but he hasn't really done the math to figure out what its supposed to be/what it actually does.

Something more like doing the number of damage it lists 12 times? So something like...

Level 1: 12 * 3755 = 45 060
    Level 10: 12 * 6500 = 78 000

?
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Just sth i read in this thread , Pro Mystics will replace noob clerics and noob mages. Pro Mystics will support good clerics and good mages and create a strong squad together
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    with rank 9 +12 weapons, that skill will without a doubt be the single most powerful nuke in the game. even without rank 9 that skill will still be godly.