Genesis Patching Issues

2»

Comments

• kinglink42
    kinglink42 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    My patches are good... my clinet version is up to date. it click on play... and I get to the first loading screen... then nothing. get this message No message Nero thing with a PWI Icon and a black screen.... what the hell? my computer can handle the system.... but something is going on that isn't letting me play... everything was fine up until Genesis came out.
  • frendvthdevil
    frendvthdevil Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    For anybody that's getting stuck on random files while installing the patch, I put the solution that worked for me in this post:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1010802&highlight=elementskill.dll
  • lizzyri
    lizzyri Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just to break the ice.
    I'm working with Windows 7 on a Compaq laptop.

I've turned off all of my firewall's from Norton to the one Windows hardwired into my laptop and there isn't a single string of available code in the PWI folder I haven't added to my firewall's list of allowed programs.

Problems I've had:
    elements.data & tasks.data(fixed by deleting the individual programs then restarting the update)

Current Problems:
    Apparently every manual patch is corrupt in some way shape or form. Whenever I get close to completing one of the downloads a corrupt file window comes up and erases everything..

Whenever I try to Verify it is interupted at elementclient.exe

Repeating facedata updates 灵族女--b06.dds threw 15 It would get up to 15 then skip back down to b06.....I am currently on b11..again
  • Aeyris - Sanctuary
    Aeyris - Sanctuary Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I tried doing the update, I see the new window and both green and purple bars are full. green one says updating and purple has some names changing. After a while it says error while updating, try again?, its being 7 hrs by now.
    Should i uninstall the game and download it again?

I am having the exact same problem. Can anyone help?
  • rodragonz
    rodragonz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    cannath wrote: »
    Here is what I did:
    - Uninstalled and deleted any PWI file
    - Downloaded client again (should get u to straight to Rising Tide)
    - Installed the game
    - Downloaded patcher (402 - 484)
    - Updated
    - Game works now

I may know why its not working for me, i did not delete my PWI file thank you cannath b:pleased now lets see if it works
  • Noty_Mackia - Lost City
    Noty_Mackia - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    hola si alguien habla espa
  • romaine93
    romaine93 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    the f@!# WHAT THE F!#$. my effin update aint effin workin!! I MEAN COME ON PWI!! U GOTS TO DO BETTTEERRRR!!! i been tryin to update dis GARBAGE N IT AINT EFFIN WORKIN!! **** DIS MEHN IDK WAT THE HECK TO DOOOO!!!! everytime its almost completed it says error, retry update or stop update!!. anyone kno wat to dooO!!!???b:cry b:angry
  • Yorisa - Sanctuary
    Yorisa - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I got the unreadable gibberish error, but i can't seem to find anywheres to send a ticket >_<
  • KnightAce - Lost City
    KnightAce - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I got the unreadable gibberish error, but i can't seem to find anywheres to send a ticket >_<

lols same =P
    b:surrender
  • Rucy - Raging Tide
    Rucy - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    lols same =P
    b:surrender

same here
  • nanamango
    nanamango Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You guys have been so patient and helpful to one another!

If you are having troubles with auto-patching or using the manual patch, please try the Direct Download here. The Direct Download now contains the Genesis update already, so hopefully smooth sailing from here on out!

b:victoryb:victoryb:victory

For those of you getting the gibberish error, please be sure to submit a ticket to Tech Support with a screenshot of the message and your systems dxdiag.
This discussion has been closed.