The Girls Guide to Survival in PW

kayseurat
kayseurat Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'd be curious to read the male version but feel free to add to this one anyway. But sniffle, try and be nice!

HOW TO SURVIVE PW with what's left of YOUR HEART intact.

1) If you read the word LOVE replace it with the words: Jello Pudding. Jello Pudding is sweet, inexpensive, and you'll eventually want to replace it with Ben and Jerry's. Seriously, girls, your pixels are lovely. You'll hear the L word soon and often. DO not attempt to rely on it for truth, meaning, or purpose. He's prolly said the same thing to other girls and eventually she'll be shrieking, "ARE YOU TWO DATING. HE SAID HE LOVVVVVVED MEEEEEE.' And you'll wonder who the twit really is. Oh, and if you're wondering, it's prolly me, er, you.

2) Do not get married. It's expensive. Well over 30,000,000. Avoid it at all costs.

3) Be truthful about yur age. Or be prepared to be shocked when he really acts like an adolescent and you really act like a crazy person.

4) Surround yourself with people who make you laugh, even if they have funny accents and dole out medical advice.

5) Don't take them seriously either.

6) Never plan ahead, someone won't show up. And because you're a girl, it will hurt your feelings. And then you'll be annoyed.

7) When the going gets rough, hide. Flee. Delete. Just try not to stalk.

8 ) I know it's tempting to want to be flown around. (GOD, I suck at multi tasking.) But beef up yur skills. Nothin's really cooler than watching the guy that lied to you repeatedly get stabbed by a wraith who isn't even you. DIE. DIE.DIE. Nah, I'm kidding. Save him. Yet again. Then fly away. FAST.

9) Laugh at yurself.

10) A lot.

11) Form friendships that defy the rules of logic.

12) Ease up.

13) Laugh at yurself some more.

14) Choose yur own friends. Don't allow anyone else to decide who they should or shouldn't be. Trust yur gut on this one. And if you find out yur wrong (yet again) go back to rule 9.
Post edited by kayseurat on

Comments

• Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    In a very simplistic, general way....play it like a game, have fun, fool around and for heaven's sake, dont treat it like RL b:victory

PS: This could very well be the male version
  • kayseurat
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, what he said. : )
  • Ankiel - Raging Tide
    Ankiel - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    marriage costs us guys a lot more, we have to pay for everything b:surrender
  • kayseurat
    edited March 2011
    Your soul?
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    can I add two pleaaaase :D xD

When I creepy guy keeps stalking ya and sending embrace requests and ya wanna get rid of him...
    Tell him you're a guy. Noone will be surprised, and noone will care if you are or not xD

Another one ._."

random peron: you look hot, do you have a bf?

yes.

Always. Say. Yes.
    Saves a lot of trouble .-. I don't trust ppl who tell me I'm hot based on my modified pixels. xD

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • scorpillro
    scorpillro Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    That makes NO SENSE at all.

Guy gamers, Girl gamers, Gurl gamers G.I.R.L. gamers, *** and even Pedo gamers.

They exist and they love you not as a pixels (because that is sick) but as a human being.
    Also the fact that they love you doesn't mean they are IN LOVE with you.

If you really want to "survive" accept the others among with yourself and l2P.
  • kayseurat
    edited March 2011
    Waterfal...nice additions!

And I gotta say, the whole love vs in love thing....sorry...but...not sure I'm savy as to the diff.
  • aprild
    aprild Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    As someone who has been gaming for about sixteen years, I've pretty much been through it all when it comes to online shenanigans. My advice is to leave romantic relationships to the real life. It's fine to make friends online. Some of my best RL friends were made through gaming online. But -dating- online is just asking for drama and disappointment. 9 out of 10 of the people who are really into online dating...end up being crazy, clingy, under aged(for those of you over the age of consent), the opposite gender than what you think they are, or many other things you might not expect. This goes for girls and guys.

So keep it to a friendship. For those of you that like to roleplay (play the role of your character in game) then just remember it's just pretend and always make sure the person you're "dating" in game realizes it's just pretend.

Always remember the Golden Rule. Do to others what you would have done to yourself. Unless someone's a complete dillhole people will generally be nice to you if you are nice to them. This is a good way to make lots of decent friends. Just watch out for the users (ie. the dillholes mentioned above) that like to take advantage of nice people. Always have a backbone and don't be afraid to nicely say no.

When all else fails, save your feelings some grief and use that magic ignore button

And remember girls - the guy that says he loves you after knowing you a whole ten minutes has NO idea what love is. Don't fall for the sweet talkers. ; )
    IGN: Silaqui
    Race: Kindred
    Class: Vampire
    Guild: Vigil
  • DixieStar - Heavens Tear
    DixieStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Good suggestions and advice, us female players need to bond together and look out for one another
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited March 2011

When I creepy guy keeps stalking ya and sending embrace requests and ya wanna get rid of him...
    Tell him you're a guy. Noone will be surprised, and noone will care if you are or not xD

Another one ._."

yes.

Always. Say. Yes.
    Saves a lot of trouble .-. I don't trust ppl who tell me I'm hot based on my modified pixels. xD

A lot of times the guy doesn't even care if you have a boyfriend. When in doubt, if you really want him to go away, always say you're a guy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    hehe, yep that's true...
    when they ask however you can always try to get rid of them like that :P if not... ah well then there's always the other option -^-^-

or blacklist them XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
  • Ibbies - Lost City
    Ibbies - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    pfff ez solution, play on a pvp server and run outta sz and poke all the noobs away b:surrender
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Best way to avoid love aches in PWI:

Learn how pathetic e-dating is. Seriously saves you the trouble of getting feelings hurt online.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hauen - Archosaur
    Hauen - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Another one ._."

yes.

Always. Say. Yes.

Tried the whole "I'm a guy!" thing once. Turned out he was bi XD. Lucky me.
  • Bluelita - Archosaur
    Bluelita - Archosaur Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    How to avoid love and friendship aches in virtual life?
    I would say.. just get a good real life. Get well anchored in your real life - have friends, romances, flirts or whatever. Let the game be your entertainment, a moment of relax where you meet some new people, know something different from your normal life.
    Then even if you get fascinated by somebody ingame, your real life will permit you to look at it with distance.. and smile.
    All is possible, even a stable relation with a person you met ingame. But all depends of age also - when you're 16, you cannot move 1 000 km to live with your beloved. Which finally you will see is not so different than the guys you have around you.

Well, there is also another method to get rid of guys really easily : you say you're married b:laugh If your attitude is mature enough - then you will pass for mid-aged nice married woman. Nothing sexy...b:chuckle
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Tried the whole "I'm a guy!" thing once. Turned out he was bi XD. Lucky me.

b:laughb:laugh epic xD sorry that just kinda made my day ^^"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
  • _Garra_ - Harshlands
    _Garra_ - Harshlands Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Im sorry but this is the stupidest thing i ever read on the forum. Let ppl do wat they want :S
  • leance
    leance Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    b:chuckle Priceless "guide"! Seriously, it made me laugh a bit.
    Most guys with good brains don't care who is what, so long as you play fair and are kind- but some are just... I don't know. They see the word "girl" and their brain shuts down, their IQ reverts to equal their in-game level (note: most are below lv80) and they start hitting on us. The thought that I might be a 50 year old dude in a basement doesn't even occur to them.
    (no, I'm not... or am I? See? Nobody will have to find out! XD)

Oh well, this guide is pretty useless... but it was funny enough! :P
  • _mizukiashi_ - Dreamweaver
    _mizukiashi_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Alot of guys dont cheat on this game but you do wanan be sure about age judging by some peoples actual age on this game ive seen ppl ages 40-50 on this game so definately try to get real age before u date some one on pwi and that goes for the guys to main thing is just do what ur heart tells you

Happy Gaming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hetra987
    hetra987 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    leance wrote: »
    b:chuckle Priceless "guide"! Seriously, it made me laugh a bit.
    Most guys with good brains don't care who is what, so long as you play fair and are kind- but some are just... I don't know. They see the word "girl" and their brain shuts down, their IQ reverts to equal their in-game level (note: most are below lv80) and they start hitting on us. The thought that I might be a 50 year old dude in a basement doesn't even occur to them.
    (no, I'm not... or am I? See? Nobody will have to find out! XD)

Oh well, this guide is pretty useless... but it was funny enough! :P

Highlight in bold there, it's the one flaw in what I otherwise agree with.
  • DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Great idea for a guide! With all the drama and grief I see people go through, this is probably the most needed guide for PWI (not sure if that should make me laugh or cry).

It was a fun, honest, and thoughtful read, ...many thanks b:pleased
  • bananapudding
    bananapudding Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Great idea for a guide! With all the drama and grief I see people go through, this is probably the most needed guide for PWI (not sure if that should make me laugh or cry).

It was a fun, honest, and thoughtful read, ...many thanks b:pleased

But without all the drama, where would the entertainment be? It's like reading a soap opera sometimes. b:chuckle But seriously, this is good info for real life too. As for the age thing, don't forget that the internet can seriously subtract years from your real age (or add to it). Rule of thumb says about 10 years difference (+/-).

As for the following your heart bit:
    Follow these Steps in Order
    1) Meet them in person
    2) Meet their friends
    3) See what they're like on a bad day
    then follow your heart.

Remember: You can't change them or even fix them, but you do have to live with them the rest of your life.

--Just a stranger's two cents b:cute
  • Lizette - Lost City
    Lizette - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This is truefax, ya'all. I completely agree with everything. Even though i have more guy friends on every game i play than i do girl friends, they still keep their distance. yeah, we chat and stuff but they dont do anything bad to or about me. little random conversations and stuff. that's about as far as we get. b:pleased
  • YellowYoshi - Dreamweaver
    YellowYoshi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    kayseurat wrote: »
    8 ) I know it's tempting to want to be flown around. (GOD, I suck at multi tasking.) But beef up yur skills. Nothin's really cooler than watching the guy that lied to you repeatedly get stabbed by a wraith who isn't even you. DIE. DIE.DIE. Nah, I'm kidding. Save him. Yet again. Then fly away. FAST.

lol some reason i laughed at this one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    GreenYoshi-36 veno (retired)
    YellowYoshi-24 Mystic (Up and alive)