Rank IX vs 5 APS

carestia
carestia Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Assassin
Hallo,

still pretty new but from what I seem to understand, going full rank IX would prevent the 5 APS.

If this is true, which one is best and why (or in which situations?)

(tried to look if something similar was already asked but couldnt find anything, if you know about such thread please point it out to me :) )
Post edited by carestia on

Comments

• Rice_hero - Lost City
    Rice_hero - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    A 4.0 R.9 Dagger +10 sin will out dd my 5.0 Nv 1st cast +10 in pve pretty much all the time. As for Full set R.9 Sin, I have no idea since during the celestial tiger events, I'm pretty sure the R.9 Sins will put up either all or atleast some interval pieces for better DD. Full Set R.9 is freaking OP for pvp though, I get hit 24k+ zerk/crit unbuffed.

Most Sins that are full R.9 set now are/ used to be/ still 5.0 w/ their other gears anyways. How else did they farm R.9? unless cash shopping ofcourse lol Even if they rerolled sage, still 4.0/5.0 with windshield
  • _Tsunami_ - Lost City
    _Tsunami_ - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm demon dps sin, will the r9 be the best choice or nv -0.05 + sac strike is better?
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I've thought about that a bit too; rank 9 wins out a bit on dmg, but 5aps + ss is a bit safer than 4aps with gof. Due to the much higher proc rate on gof yur gonna have to watch your hp like a hawk, which if you love using charms might not be an issue for you, but don't blindly assume that since rank 9 will give you bit better dmg, its what you should get. On the flip side, rank 9 definitely kicks *** in pk, no two ways about it.

Cheers,

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • NinJew - Raging Tide
    NinJew - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Full R9 would be best for pvp. CoD(+30), Jonas blessing(+30), full DoT(+24), all 6 pieces of R9(+63) and maxed frenzy(+20) gives you 167 ATTACK LEVELSb:shockedb:shocked and about 25 def lvls(not sure)

R9 dags + 4APS for PVE. If you can afford R9 im sure you can afford pots/charm.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Most Sins that are full R.9 set now are/ used to be/ still 5.0 w/ their other gears anyways. How else did they farm R.9? unless cash shopping ofcourse lol Even if they rerolled sage, still 4.0/5.0 with windshield

Maybe just understanding it wrong but the max aps for sage without -int on weap is 2.86/3.33 with windshield. To be 4.0/5.0 with windshield you need the 1st cast tt nirvana daggers (or 2nd cast with double -0.05 int if that actually exists). Unless g13 vana is massivly refined, and r9 not at all, I don't see why even equipping g13 vana daggers (well maybe to enter a squad, since they only ask for your aps, not your damage lol).

Equipping -int armor instead of full rank 9 may make sense if you meant that. Idk what aps will be, and in how far the +att lvls (and +dex/crit) will or will not make up for the loss of aps.
    I've thought about that a bit too; rank 9 wins out a bit on dmg, but 5aps + ss is a bit safer than 4aps with gof. Due to the much higher proc rate on gof yur gonna have to watch your hp like a hawk, which if you love using charms might not be an issue for you, but don't blindly assume that since rank 9 will give you bit better dmg, its what you should get. On the flip side, rank 9 definitely kicks *** in pk, no two ways about it.

Cheers,

Azzazin

I think you forget to take into account the effect of bp. All depends on the sins hp ofc, but the bp over the additional damage covers the 5% hp loss. Personally I don't even notice the hp loss cause bp on the extra damage I deal is more then 5% of my hp, besides some situations like 2nd boss in vana when it's buffed. I'm sage though, with r9 daggers and sage bp. I guess here's a part of the limit of "sage bp being just to compensate not having demon spark" that some like to see. But a normal bp should still reduce the hp loss to only 1/3th of 5% hp. That really isn't something that eats pots or kills a sin imo
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Maybe just understanding it wrong but the max aps for sage without -int on weap is 2.86/3.33 with windshield. To be 4.0/5.0 with windshield you need the 1st cast tt nirvana daggers (or 2nd cast with double -0.05 int if that actually exists). Unless g13 vana is massivly refined, and r9 not at all, I don't see why even equipping g13 vana daggers (well maybe to enter a squad, since they only ask for your aps, not your damage lol).

second cast daggers with 2x -0.05 do exist. I believe there's a guy on either HT or DW that has 2 -0.05 and Sacrificial Strike.
    I think you forget to take into account the effect of bp. All depends on the sins hp ofc, but the bp over the additional damage covers the 5% hp loss. Personally I don't even notice the hp loss cause bp on the extra damage I deal is more then 5% of my hp, besides some situations like 2nd boss in vana when it's buffed. I'm sage though, with r9 daggers and sage bp. I guess here's a part of the limit of "sage bp being just to compensate not having demon spark" that some like to see. But a normal bp should still reduce the hp loss to only 1/3th of 5% hp. That really isn't something that eats pots or kills a sin imo

Theoretically speaking, as long as you have more damage than your HP, BP should cover your losses from Sacrificial Strike or God of Frenzy.

Simply because whenever the proc does happen, your damage is doubled, so is your BP. This means that whenever the proc happens, you lose 5% max HP but gain 4% of your normal damage back. For one, I'd say that anyone's sparked damage should be much higher than their maximum HP, so that should cover you. For two, unless you somehow get 20 procs in a row, the extra hits in-between would pretty much always cover you.

For example: Assume it has a 30% proc rate. Now, during 10 hits, you get this:
    3x 4% of damage healed
    3x 5% max hp lost
    7x 2% of damage healed

This comes to 15% max hp = 26% of average damage. That leads to average damage equaling ~58% of your maximum HP. Somehow I doubt that this would happen realistically, especially considering that the only weapons with Sacrificial Strike and God of Frenzy are second cast Nirvana and R9, all of which would have ridiculously high damage.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    @ Olbaze : I post from my personal experience, not did any calculations. No offence, but I don't see the use of it. I got r9 daggers, and 7.2k hp and there are 3 situations (pve wise) :

- on any target with a defined lvl, my normal unsparked hits give more then 360 bloodsuck. So the 5% hp loss is not noticeable at all. My damage is just doubled. I don't even loose on potential healing (meaning with that, I make up with bp that could be of use to stay alive if I were receiving more damage), more the opposite, the proc will heal me more then it make me loose hp.

- on a target with lvl?, I have to be sparked to reach over 360 bloodsuck on a normal hit. However, on bosses anyone who can afford r9, will be able to be sparked all the time. Again, I loose no potential of healing.

- then there are a few situations where I won't make at least 360 bloodsuck on normal hit. For instance, a lvl? boss and I'm not sparked cause hp are almost 0. Or on 2nd boss when it is buffed (this is the only situation where GoF could really get to ticking a charm togather with the boss damage).

On demon or lvl10 bp, they only heal 2/3 (had a typo there previous post) per hit, so things change. But shards/refine on weap and the sins hp also come into account. On a 2% bp a sin will probably loose hp on GoF, but it will never be much. Loosing like 60~100 hp each time it triggers (and even that is not true, crit + proc trigger will always make up the hp loss, normal bp on a hf boss will always cover the hp loss, etc), doesn't make GoF dangerous or a real charm-ticker or pot-eater imo.