Barbs in FCC = liars?

13»

Comments

• WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    What?

You think I never get hit in FC? You think as soon as I pop sage BoA, all the mobs that the barb or bm carefully gathered don't come pouring over to me, regardless of what said barb or bm does? BP does NOT heal "the ones getting it," it steals HP from mobs when you hit them... and it doesn't work on archers b:angry

Now, with full 100+ parties, I don't have to worry much about getting hit a whole lot because usually the mobs die before they realize it's me they wanna hit. But when I run with parties lower than me? When I run my under-90 friends through? Yeah, I get hit a heck of a lot b:cry

Even with sage boa, you could never take aggro from me on pulls in FC, unless you hit boa before roar. Sure, even 10x cleric could take aggro over ppl under lvl 90, doesnt mean it`s situation which is likely and thus shoudnt really be taken into account. Normal 10x squads, BP is enough, the ones who will get hit there, will also be healed by it. Mind telling me what exactly was your point?
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    It heals the ones getting hit, what else it`s supposed to do? Aoes? Just pot, not like it costs like anything when most bosses go down in spark or two.

It is bloodsucking (HP steal), life steal (life leech). In games, it means healing the ones attacking. Like in FF series, or any RPG or MMORPG, trying to bloodsuck an undead type enemy, will actually hurt you rather than heal you. (No undead enemies or should I say that was implemented in PW)
    It doesn't steal anyones HP, it absorbs damage dealt to heal yourself.

Highest repair for my barb was a 3 hour long FC 157k, which was when my barb was in the low 80s b:sad.

Smallest repair bill was about 5k, which was when my barb couldn't get a hit in pretty much anything silly sin/bms. b:laugh

My sin solos FC for a repair bill of 20k each run so more squaded the less that becomes lowest was about 3.5k repair bill.

You don't understand, that is stealing health of damage you deal to that target. Taking that same amount of damage and the amount goes to you. Bloodsucking / Life leech.

Healing is something that is instant or gradual healing your health. Diamond sutra is healing (yourself), potions. Bloopaint (Bloodsuck type, which is vampire style of recovering HP) is HP stealing, it does not heal you.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    edited February 2011
    It is bloodsucking (HP steal), life steal (life leech). In games, it means healing the ones attacking. Like in FF series, or any RPG or MMORPG, trying to bloodsuck an undead type enemy, will actually hurt you rather than heal you. (No undead enemies or should I say that was implemented in PW)

You don't understand, that is stealing health of damage you deal to that target. Taking that same amount of damage and the amount goes to you. Bloodsucking / Life leech.

Healing is something that is instant or gradual healing your health. Diamond sutra is healing (yourself), potions. Bloopaint (Bloodsuck type, which is vampire style of recovering HP) is HP stealing, it does not heal you.

You are an idiot sir. It is irrelevant what you call it, poteto potato, fact stands it works like heal in FC for better squads. Sure, it`s buff, not skill like ih but it still heals you, more than enough.

Ps. Go play your FF/etc, those games are irrelevant in PWI.
  • bonbonsmalisia
    bonbonsmalisia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    ya and i kinda find it pretty pathetic when barbs ask me,coz i got demon IH to heal their mana when it goes low ( they dont have the agroo coz sins or aps got it) but they aint willing to use pots coz its too big cost and they get mana for free, but they dont see its kinda rude coz i
    loose my own mana healing lol

acually i dont rlly like and squad with barbs most of them is just too high confidence or simply mental, throut all my game exp i met only 2 or 3 barbs that were ok with their character
  • MrCherry - Raging Tide
    MrCherry - Raging Tide Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    As a barb that runs FC quite a bit, I personally see most barbs as arrogant gold diggers (Which was said earlier in this thread)

I've even heard of barbs who "Won't get out of bed for less that 200k"...

My highest repair bill in FC was 50k, which was back when I first started with a 75+ squad. I REFUSE payment if someone even attempts it,

If anyone should be paid, It should be the cleric for Herb/Charm ticks, it costs a hell of a lot more (Personal experience)

Anyone who pays a barb for an instance is an idiot in my honest opinion... Just my two cents.
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    As a barb that runs FC quite a bit, I personally see most barbs as arrogant gold diggers (Which was said earlier in this thread)

My highest repair bill in FC was 50k, which was back when I first started with a 75+ squad. I REFUSE payment if someone even attempts it,

If anyone should be paid, It should be the cleric for Herb/Charm ticks, it costs a hell of a lot more (Personal experience)

Anyone who pays a barb for an instance is an idiot in my honest opinion... Just my two cents.

IKR, cheaper to pay a sin to solo FC for you exp wise :)
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • Dimitrik - Dreamweaver
    Dimitrik - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2011

You're probably my favorite barbarian now. Rock on. Keep it classy, brother.
  • CJD - Heavens Tear
    CJD - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Clearly I can't pull without bloodpaint

I forgot to mention Herc veno, so since herc has better def and keeps aggro better then barb on bosses, I would prefer to have a herc veno with sage amp and ironwood.

uhmm, idk what to say. I have pulled in FF in the circumstance we didn't have a barb ( there was another bm), my first pull was at lvl 92. No i didn't have blood paint on. Wasn't charmed either, used genie and some crab meat, demon bell and physical marrow( magical for the magic mobs). Yes, I had a better supportive other BM who stunned at the right time!
    Girls are like phones...
    We love to be held... talked too..
    but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected! b:laugh
  • Dragono - Lost City
    Dragono - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Reapir bills depens on how fast your squad is.
    In the last week I've run multiply runs for our "lower" faction members cause we are all afraid that Frost is going to be roled back to normal.
    My bills were much higher I've seen around the 100K mark but ONLY cause they werent much experienced with Frost so I tanked the mobs longer than usual.
    But my normal bills are around the 50K mark without pot and charm maybe.
    I am from Germany and I am sorry if my English isn't very good b:surrender
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Since the amount of DD pretty much determines the repair bill. Get one barb with 15k+hp and charmed, invoke and roar/sunder. Wouldn't need to have the squad protected if the barb has forever aggro and takes 90% less damage being charmed. 20 minute FCC. 15 possibly with full 5.0 and Holy Path spam. Would have no repair bill if you take 90% less damage and squad 1 shots the wave :)
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sorry, thats a misconception. Gear damage is NOT determined by how hard you get hit, its the total number of hits. Your gear doesn't suddenly break if you get clapped >.>; and just watch your weapon as you attack; it doesn't lose more endurance if you hit harder. No, it is the # of attacks that cause gear damage, more hits, more damage, simple as that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    No, it is the # of attacks that cause gear damage, more hits, more damage, simple as that.

Mostly agree - death seems to cause disproportionally more gear damage, though.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The Story

*This cleric says*Looking for Barb or Pulling BM for FCC 92+

So I get in the squad.
    The squad contained:
    Me (Puller/DD)
    2 Demon Assassin (DD/healer)
    1 Demon Blademaster (HF'er)
    1 Sage Veno (tank/debuffs) EDIT: Herc Veno sorry lol
    1 Demon Cleric (Healer)

Of course like every smart player, I should always have repairs before I tank.

We all decide to do a full run.

*Tik Tok* 40 Minutes go by...

*Everyone says*Ty guys for the fast run.

I got to the Blacksmith to check out my repairs.. To repair all costs 23,564 coins.

So after tanking an FCC run to Holeen. I get 23,564 coins worth of repair. I just thought to myself.. "Why do Barbarians always ask for 100k repairs?" Of course it is because they probably did multiple runs. So I go find another Frost squad and make sure there is a barb.

*I ask the Barb*Did you make full repairs?
    *Barb says* Yes of course...

We stop right after we killed Oceana. He complains about having 100k repairs and demands Cash or he doesn't pull mobs. That is the funny part.

THEY ARE GOLD DIGGERS.

The other funny part is that I said I can pull the mobs and he said "haha GL with that" and he leaves.

I got 23k repairs doing full run, and the barb says he has 100k after he said he made repairs and stopped before exp room? I'm like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8gjZRGUNBk

FYI: With a barb took us an hour to get to exp room and my favorite squad lineup takes 40 minutes for full run.

EDIT: HERC VENO! Herc keeps aggro better then barb on bosses so sins cant steal?

yup most barbs are liars. once on my retired bm i went on a fc, the barb was afraid to pull the magic mobs, so i did. i also tanked every boss cause i had a few aps on me and plus 8 deicides, he went afk with physical mobs so squad requested i pull those but bring them so the barb got exp, i didnt wanna give him the free exp but i did anyway, so at the end the barb says thank you for the nice squad except the fail bm who caused me so many repairs, i said excuse me? he whispered me later and said i owe him 200k for repairs. wtf? i told him to go to hell and learn to keep aggro and pull, cause my repairs were only 50k so where does his 200k come from, geez i just dislike barbs for that reason...
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    just because you have met a few barbs does not mean they are all lairs as you put it ik more then a handful of nice kind barbs i bet alot of the nice barbs rerolled lol
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • SaphirHealer - Archosaur
    SaphirHealer - Archosaur Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Its hard to find a good barb anyways...I've never had a barb demand me to pay his repair bills...then again I've never demanded ppl pay for all the Herbs I use in fc either...The cost of exp..You want to hyper and get good exp..be prepared to pay repairs on your own...IJS

There have been exceptions where I offer to pay someones repair bill because they came when I couldn't find anyone else.

Don't need a barb in fc past level 90 anywhos..^___^ sorry to say.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Holy ****! If barbs are asking for repair fees... Heck, can I have ammo fees? Sage BoA doesn't come cheap, ya know! 3 arrows consumed every 3 seconds, and the more expensive they are, the better the arrows, and the better the arrows, the faster the mobs die, so... I've done a heck of a lot of FC, now all yous pay up!

/sarcasm

Okay, anyone asking a fee for doing anything in this game is just... a word I can't say on the forums.

And if you have to pay people to come on your FC runs... make more friends, sheesh.

I would LOL and then kick someone who asked me for a fee to do a run of any kind with them - Every instance is mutually beneficial to the right party, why should one person get free wines or repair fees on top of completing a BH or getting some exp in FC?

Every class has costs, get over it, move on, quit QQ'ing about it, and don't rip people off with exaggerated repair bills. That's just wrong.

QFT.

OP isn't having trouble with greedy barbs, he's just finally finding some of the many #sshats in this game.

#sshattery does not resrict itself to class, folks. Granted, massive egos are a given for a certain number of every class in this game, but since barbs have been largely ignored by PWI as the game has evolved, FF and RBO are the only places where people actually *want* a barb in squad. So the #sshats use this opportunity for abuse.

Personally, if I can't get lead myself and kick people like that, I just leave. No point in rewarding trolls like that.

RedMenace

\I have *never* charged *anyone* for a run, and usually refuse payment
    \\I do this for fun, and to help my friends
    \\\I like it when they demand payment - easier to determine how greedy they are, and add em to the blacklist
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I went to a test FC (did many on mains, but 1si on barb).

Squad was : Cleric 99, cleric 82, Barb 82 (me) and a guildie Wiz 65 that wanted to see it for 1st time.

Like u see no big DD except the 99 clerc...Took us 2 hours reach Bishop boss and costed me 123k repairs.

So yeah maybe it depends on equipement..BUt I do find stupid (even if im one) to get paid for a FC. You made a barb, ur a tank, u dont want the exp/repair bill..Just dont go...

I estiamte with a full good squads, my repairs would have been like 1st poster said 30kish..

Now I would like a barb with full R9 to some tell his version if equipement does affect repair costs.
    edited March 2011
    >:O They think they got it bad?

Could you imagine if a 100 BM with 5 APS and TT100 fists demanded you pay his repair bill? hahahahaha no one would FC..=P
  • SinNBeyond - Heavens Tear
    SinNBeyond - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I go thru about 1k per minute in nirvana (10 min Nirvana run cost me 10k ... a 20 min run cost 20k)

Most of my repair bill comes from my daggers.

A full Solo FF cost about 60k. A full FF Bosses only cost about 25k
  • Indighost - Lost City
    Indighost - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If a barb is demanding money to FC I just won't take him. When I do the pulls and have the aggro my repairs are between 25k-45k (depending on the DD that comes along and how fast stuff dies). Usually I don't even bother asking for a barb since they've become so hard to find anyway. It's easier to get a good DD (<3 Psys).

Doing a smaller squad (me, psy and cleric all 9x) my repairs might be as much as 60k (but the exp is much better so it's a good trade off). It's never been higher for a single run.

Would I ever ask my party to pay my repairs? Or pay for my chi pots for all that HF and sparking? Heck, why not ask them to pay for part of my Deicides cause they get the benefit? Of course not. My character, my expense.
  • jiq
    jiq Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    A Cleric's mana food cost is probably more than a Barb's repair after lvl 90 (especially now, because Tokens got expensive). It can be really frustrating to keep squishy Sin tanks alive, I have to spam heal them and that means I eat more mana food. They are like 'Don't heal me, BP is enough'... 10 seconds later 'Ress plz'. b:laugh
  • XDarkSharkX - Heavens Tear
    XDarkSharkX - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Me (Puller/DD)
    2 Demon Assassin (DD/healer)

FYI, if you think bm can aggro against sin, u are totally wrong lol. BM isnt a real DD class. your low repair doesnt means barb is a liar, it simply means tanking repairs is shared by 2 sins as well. best way to find out is make a barb yourself and find out how much repair per FF run b4 u call barb lieing about repairs. the topic isnt about paying barbs for repair folks, so i am not going into that.

I have tanked alot of FF runs on my barb (since lvl 80 or 81, and he is 100 now) and I repair b4 and after each run. From my experiences,

with herc veno tanking some bosses and a BM, 60k or under

with no herc veno (or herc veno lazy to tank) and a bm , close to 100k

with herc veno and no bm, 120k+ (done it once only)
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    FYI, if you think bm can aggro against sin, u are totally wrong lol. BM isnt a real DD class. your low repair doesnt means barb is a liar, it simply means tanking repairs is shared by 2 sins as well.

I don't know why you say were not a DD class when we are the second highest DD in game.

I also don't know what you mean by sharing bill with sins. Because when I pull, obviously I use roar of the pride. So I get hurt for only two seconds. I could not possibly keep aggro from a Sin, but when mobs aren't able to attack for 6 seconds, no one gets hurt. A sin cannot take aggro from a herc veno. So really, the only repairs sins get is for daggers. The only way sins can get armor repairs is if they are one of those sins who think they are really cool and rush without the rest of the squad.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • ClannedWolf - Heavens Tear
    ClannedWolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ah man i stopped playing my wolf here dang for i think over a year? Cause we just went through anni number 2. But anyway ya my bills could be pretty high they would range from 15k to 40k like was said before 80k to depending on how much tanking I did that day. It really just depends on how much you gotta tank at one time, how quick the party is, and how much the aggro the barb is holding himself. But ya i never asked for hand outs. Its not too hard to get repair coins if you know where to grind. I would repair oh I dont know...15 to 30k after grinding out of maybe the 80k i gained from killing stuff. So its really not that bad some of them are probably just too lazy to grind.
    Only time I got those hand outs was from my guildes because I was their main tank most of the time. So when they had me doing a lot of runs and I did not have time to grind for coins. They wanted to pay for my repairs. Side note to them Love ya guys thanks for that. b:pleased So its not really lying its just that some barbs do not know how to handle their gear. Personally I think that BM bills can be just as high on average. Because they are a bit quicker so they are more likely to run in and grab more mobs when tanking. It all boils down to playing style and people realizing HOW to take care of their class.b:surrender
    edited March 2011
    The only way sins can get armor repairs is if they are one of those sins who think they are really cool and rush without the rest of the squad.

This situation is what we call a clerics worst nightmare...:< then they rage cause they die...-.-

And you cant say a BM cant keep aggro from a sin...It all depends on build ect. and APS...oh and Weapons and skill..

Now as for barbs, it was said before...They demand money, don't take them..O.o if your over 90 just find a good bm..:3 works alot easier and faster, plus you won't spend hours looking for a barb(pending on server, arch is low on high level barbs)
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    I don't know why you say were not a DD class when we are the second highest DD in game.

I also don't know what you mean by sharing bill with sins. Because when I pull, obviously I use roar of the pride. So I get hurt for only two seconds. I could not possibly keep aggro from a Sin, but when mobs aren't able to attack for 6 seconds, no one gets hurt. A sin cannot take aggro from a herc veno. So really, the only repairs sins get is for daggers. The only way sins can get armor repairs is if they are one of those sins who think they are really cool and rush without the rest of the squad.

You say what? Wish ppl would stop making idiotic comments and ruining their credibility.
  • TankedBeast - Lost City
    TankedBeast - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I got tired of reading the same thing over and over again by the second page. Seeing how some of your siggies say that you haven't played in months, i don't know why the hell you are even commenting on stuff that is going on now. ANYWAYS back on subject....

When i first started doing FC, early 8x, I did have like 150-200k repairs each run. Just because it took so long to kill everying. By late 8x to early 9x, it was down to 50-100k each run. Yes, I did keep aggro on all the bosses all the time, and i spammed roar/sunder/surf impact/frighten on the groups to help keep aggro. A good barb should always try to keep aggro on groups as much as possible. It wasn't until i stopped tanking bosses and the groups started dying faster at lvls 94-100 that my repairs went below 50k.

Honestly, you shouldn't pay barbs their repairs, unless you wanna pay for DDs repairs on their weapons, for EP's MP pots/Charms, etc etc. So, really, if you decide to be fair and split the repairs/pots/charms for everyone, you would be paying out the same you were getting.

Just my 2 cents :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Leader of Sangnati (Latin for Blood Born/Nation)
    We can be your best friend... Or your worst enemy...
    Which would you prefer?
    b:sin
    100 Sage/Vit/Tank Barb
    101 Demon/Fist/5.0 BM
    Yes, 5.0 really is OP. Yet, I still got it... b:chuckle