TaKING time...

djraio
djraio Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
I just started fresh on a new server, I've been taking my time building all my stats right, completing all quests so nothing is overlooked. Now I am focusing on my Manu. skills, and building each one of them along as I progress. Which all is awesome. It's just taking SSSOOOO long. I wondered how many of you guys take an approach like that to the game. I want to make the most out of everything it has to offer, but is it really worth all the frustrations in the long run? If there is any benifit at all? Thanks for all the replies!
Post edited by djraio on

Comments

• LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    that's pretty much what i'm doing, except i don't find it frustrating --- seeing all that's been put into the game is the whole reason i play, and doing all the quests and such is one way to make sure i don't miss anything. i'm an exploration-driven gamer.

ask yourself why you're spending time on this thing, anyways; what do you want to get out of it, what part of gaming do you find enjoyable? what part of the game is fun? focus on that, try to avoid the frustrating bits. if you don't enjoy exploring as much as i do, skip the bits you don't care about. it's not gonna kill you, after all, it's just a game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Svedra - Archosaur
    Svedra - Archosaur Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I am taking my time as well, my main character is only lvl 35 but I know her streangths and weaknesses so well I can grind on lvl 42 mobs if I wantb:victory
  • Leprechaundh - Sanctuary
    Leprechaundh - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    djraio wrote: »
    I just started fresh on a new server, I've been taking my time building all my stats right, completing all quests so nothing is overlooked. Now I am focusing on my Manu. skills, and building each one of them along as I progress. Which all is awesome. It's just taking SSSOOOO long. I wondered how many of you guys take an approach like that to the game. I want to make the most out of everything it has to offer, but is it really worth all the frustrations in the long run? If there is any benifit at all? Thanks for all the replies!

Yeah, I have n\been around since before all these hyper stones, and that was pretty much the only way to lvl. The only thing I can see as beneficial when tanking the scenic rout is that you learn your class better, and it cost less real $$
  • Raioken - Sanctuary
    Raioken - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    ok cool, i thought i might be on the rigth track there. last time i just tried to lvl as much as i could, and i felt like i missed so much. my skills were weak. didn't have apoth. i mean come on who doesn't love chaos powder starting out. spending less money sounds awesome too.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    djraio wrote: »
    Yeah, that's the approach I've been taking, and I've found it to be pretty fun. (See my sig to see how far I've leveled since July '09, when I started playing.)

First of all, I learn my skills inside and out before I get the next set of skills. Generally I get complements for knowing how to play my class.

Also, leveling slowly gives me more time to save up for the stuff I'll need for my gear in the upcoming levels. I keep my characters about 10 levels apart so I can hand down gear from one to the next, which generally saves me money too.

Add to that, I get to see so much more of the game than the people who are just "speed levelers". This gives you time to work up both solo and group strategies for all of the various situations you my find yourself up against in PWI.

I've seen quite a few people come and go, so leveling slowly is definitely the way to go if you want to get the most fun potential out of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)