Need REAL HELP and no stupid help desk peaple

Options
Skippy - Dreamweaver
Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Chronicles
i need serious help here,

my E-mail account get ****, and the password got changed, this itself isent a big deal,,

i logged into PW website to see an old ticket i sended for request, and i saw a totally new ticket wich says that was sended by me,,, i never sended that ticket, i came to the conclusion that some1 else has my PW account, i want to change my PW password, but i need my E mail for that, and i dont have acces to my origenal contact email that i gave to PWE couse that 1 got ****!!!!!....

the stupid help desk peaple who all have to share 1 brain cell with each other wont allow me to change my contact mail, they dident even read my ticket well, i got a tottaly weard aweser wich made no ffing sence at all!!

i have a real problem here, and i dont know where else to post this,,, i dont need help from players, just need a GM or so to read,,, i hope they read these things....

edit. cant change your PW pass if you cant acces your own contact mail,,, wich is the case now

my gear is kinda at stake >_> hope he doesnt figure out my gear lock pass....
Post edited by Skippy - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Suaver - Raging Tide
    Suaver - Raging Tide Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Maybe it's your English. I can't understand you at all either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    First off, you don't need access to ypur e-mail to change your password, you only need to answer your security question.

Second, pwi won't let you change the e-mail attached to an account for security reasons. I believe the only exception to this is if your e-mail address was terminated. You might want to manually recover your e-mail, but I don't see the relevance of needing to to change your password.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Options
    yea im dutch, and bad at explaining myself in english, well in writing.

il say it short

email account got **** and password got changed

hacker got my PW ID

i dont have acces to my E-mail

to change PW ID password i need my origenal E-mail

cant change password becouse i dont have acces to my origenal contact e-mail

the help desk peaple wont allow me to change my contact email that i posted to them to contact me on,

i saw that the hacker got my PW ID becouse he sended a ticket to the PW requesting free zen.

so,,, i really need to change my pass, and PW wont allow me, fcked up eh?
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Options
    First off, you don't need access to ypur e-mail to change your password, you only need to answer your security question.

Second, pwi won't let you change the e-mail attached to an account for security reasons. I believe the only exception to this is if your e-mail address was terminated. You might want to manually recover your e-mail, but I don't see the relevance of needing to to change your password.

wouldnt he still get a veryfycasion that i changed the PW password,,, and wouldnt he still be able to see what my new pass is?

and further more, if this would go safely, i still need to change my contact mail addres

besides, i explained everything to them about my situation,

and they never told me that i dont need my e-mail adres to change my password so,,,this shows that their help desk is absolutly stupid,,,
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    well here's a thought... contact your email company FIRST.... terminate your email account (or have them change your password on there for you). THEN change the password on here that you DON'T need the email to do. And please dont' use something ridicously f'ing easy to guess...... use random letters (some cap'ed) and numbers...

By the way, did you actually save your personal info from emails online in your email account? Trying to figure out how this person got your game account too so fast......

and yes the help desk of any game has it's idiots that don't kow what the hell they're doing or any of the rules or how anything works. Although this company seems to have more of them sometimes.....
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

and yes the help desk of any game has it's idiots that don't kow what the hell they're doing or any of the rules or how anything works. Although this company seems to have more of them sometimes.....

*Every game. Though at least here I hadnt had to tell GMs the rules of their own game, which was the case in some other game... I honestly wonder, where gaming companies find these ppl?
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Options
    well here's a thought... contact your email company FIRST.... terminate your email account (or have them change your password on there for you). THEN change the password on here that you DON'T need the email to do. And please dont' use something ridicously f'ing easy to guess...... use random letters (some cap'ed) and numbers...

By the way, did you actually save your personal info from emails online in your email account? Trying to figure out how this person got your game account too so fast......

you think i dident try to terminate my email? the peaple wotking there are as stupid as on PW, they wont allow me to...

and btw, i dident ask for YOU to help me with your big ego, dont talk to me like you think your better or cooler, talk to me as a normal person >_>

and no, i dident save my PW info in my mail...
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You don't get a verification in mail that says you changed your password. Pwi recovers your account details by security questions, not your e-mail. Even if you changed your contact e-mail, if you can't answer your own security question, you won't be able to change your pass. And odds are, if you can't answer your own security question, you aren't the owner. There's a reason why pwi doesn't allow people to change their registration e-mail.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You don't get a verification in mail that says you changed your password. Pwi recovers your account details by security questions, not your e-mail. Even if you changed your contact e-mail, if you can't answer your own security question, you won't.be able to change your pass. And odds are, if you can't answer your own security question, you aren't the owner.

ty. il give it a shot,

still leaves me with this,,,

why couldnt the help desk tell me this, instead of dennying my ticket...

bunch of morrons they are....
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ok its changed,,, worked perfectly,

reason i posted this thread is becouse several peaple told me that i need acces to my email account to change my PW password.

and i dident wanna try to change my PW pass becouse i was scared that the hacker would get my new info aswell. so i needed more information, wich the help desk was unable to give me ( couse they have to share 1 brain cell with the entire team )

seriously PW fire your help desk, they onely made me pissed and frustrated and helped for sjit
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yeah since you're already logged in, go change your pw account password and you should be good. Then contact your email provider to get rid of that account, then change it to another email with pw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Can PWI actually prove whether or not you have terminated your email?

If you are unable to get your email company to terminate your email address, try telling PWI that it has been terminated, and see if they'll let you switch it anyways. If they say 'we don't get a bounced email', then say something like 'it takes time for the email account to be closed, but it has been terminated'. Are they really going to bother investigating that too far? I doubt it.

So yeah, you could try... that. For all intents and purposes, your access to your email has been cut off, so you might as well not even have it anymore, hence it has been 'terminated' so to speak. A bit dodgy, but worth a shot.

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Very glad it all worked out. b:victory
This discussion has been closed.