Calc and Aps

Options
AiriJen - Heavens Tear
AiriJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
Okay yes i know there were some threads going around saying aps was broken, but i hadn't seen any specificly related to CALC, and im not here to QQ about it <.<. I was actually wondering if anyone had noticed they changed the amount of attack rate you get from all required gear to get 5 aps on calc.

Sin: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=9317995fa6db9a6b

BM: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=86ff2171248e44e1

before or a while back, the atk rate would have said 5.26 even though max atk speed is 5
now it only says 4 with all the required gear and to even get calc to say 5 aps you must use demon spark.

I was just wondering if anyone had noticed this change or if maybe I'm missing a piece of gear? and don't ask me why Ashura bracers are saying they're Arcane wristguards.

Thank you for your time.

Edit: Other then this taken from a thread on 1st page.
At the moment, sins have the most DPS, but I've heard from PW-CN server they were capping Sin APS down to 4.

If we were to take that into account, they should be all fairly the same DPS. It all comes down to what you like. Barb and BM will have highest survivability, but Archers excel at long range damage too. Sins can heal themselves with bloodpaint.

so maybe calc is going ahead with this rumor/idea/whatnot?
Swasie- RA 100 R9 Cleric.....Arsoli-81 Seeker
Arjunro-RA 100 R8 Sin..........LineWarZ-90 Archer
Madian-101 R9 Bm.............NecroBurn-93 Psy
ArsoliCeli-100 Wiz...............VioletHeartS-100 Myst
AiriJen-RA 100 Veno.........
Post edited by AiriJen - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Ash_ketchups - Sanctuary
    Ash_ketchups - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    First calc: Daggers cap at 4.0 without an attack speed buff since they're 0.1 behind fists.
    Second calc: Only Archers and Sins can get 5.0 claws/fists without any buffs because they get an extra bit of interval from their rank tops. BM was never able to do that.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=373826af8d70e025 shows 5.0 unbuffed by switching the daggers with GV to get the extra -int it gives.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Okay yes i know there were some threads going around saying aps was broken, but i hadn't seen any specificly related to CALC, and im not here to QQ about it <.<. I was actually wondering if anyone had noticed they changed the amount of attack rate you get from all required gear to get 5 aps on calc.

Sin: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=9317995fa6db9a6b

BM: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=86ff2171248e44e1

before or a while back, the atk rate would have said 5.26 even though max atk speed is 5
    now it only says 4 with all the required gear and to even get calc to say 5 aps you must use demon spark.

I was just wondering if anyone had noticed this change or if maybe I'm missing a piece of gear? and don't ask me why Ashura bracers are saying they're Arcane wristguards.

Thank you for your time.

Edit: Other then this taken from a thread on 1st page.

so maybe calc is going ahead with this rumor/idea/whatnot?
    Ummm, nothing has changed, that sin set up has always given 4.0 base, with 5.0 sparked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It'll still say 5.26 if you put demon spark on. The calc just haven't implemented the correct equation for calculating demon spark attack speed yet.

Daggers are 0.1 behind fists but Sins can get the R8 plate to make up for it. So in the end, Sins with dagger will have the same base attack speed as BM with fists/claws, which is 4.0. It's not a "cap" like Ash said, but just that's as fast as you can get right now due to lack of more -interval gears.
  • AiriJen - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It'll still say 5.26 if you put demon spark on. The calc just haven't implemented the correct equation for calculating demon spark attack speed yet.

Daggers are 0.1 behind fists but Sins can get the R8 plate to make up for it. So in the end, Sins with dagger will have the same base attack speed as BM with fists/claws, which is 4.0. It's not a "cap" like Ash said, but just that's as fast as you can get right now due to lack of more -interval gears.

~~ Im messaging you somthing for your sin guidance~~
    among other questions and ect~
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

4 hits / 1 sec = 1 hit / .25 seconds

.25 seconds * .25 (25% demon spark) = .0625

.25 seconds - .0625 seconds = .1875 seconds

1 hit / .1875 seconds = 5.33 hits / 1 second

BUT

second digit has to be either a 0 or 5 so .1875 is rounded up to .20

THEREFOR

1 hit / .20 seconds = 5 hits / 1 second

There is one situation that does show we have a hard cap. Archers with all -int gear using fists with demon spark (5.0 base) should be 6.66, but the hard cap is still keeping them at 5.0.

.2 * .25 = .05
    .2 - .05 = .15

1 hit / .15 second = 6.66 hits / 1 second
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

Actually, if you verify them manually, you'll find out that the values are all mathematically correct. Just that PWI's unique rounding isn't there.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Options
    stuff
    Yes ty, I know how it works.
    Actually, if you verify them manually, you'll find out that the values are all mathematically correct. Just that PWI's unique rounding isn't there.

Doesn't matter if it's "mathematically correct" if it's not how the game does it.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yes ty, I know how it works.

If that were true you wouldn't have said there was no cap.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Okeano - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Options
    If that were true you wouldn't have said there was no cap.

The cap is at 5.0, not 4.0, referring to this:

First calc: Daggers cap at 4.0 without an attack speed buff since they're 0.1 behind fists.
    So in the end, Sins with dagger will have the same base attack speed as BM with fists/claws, which is 4.0. It's not a "cap" like Ash said, but just that's as fast as you can get right now due to lack of more -interval gears.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Such as old quote of mine... I was talking about the capped sparked APS nerf of daggers down to 4APS. Though I'm not sure if the PWI version will carry out what the PW CN versions implemented.

You only need 3.33APS unsparked to get 5.0 sparked. Archers can reach 5.0 unsparked with rank 8 chest, others can only reach 4.0 unsparked (unless you're a sin using claws/fists instead of daggers). Daggers can only reach 4.0 with rank 8 chest without spark.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The cap is at 5.0, not 4.0, referring to this:

Daggers do cap out at 4.0 without a speed buff.... I think you misunderstood him xD

EDIT: and i admit probably not the best word choice for what he was trying to say.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Okeano - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Daggers do cap out at 4.0 without a speed buff....

They top out at 4.0 right now, but it's not a forced cap like 5.0. It's not a cap because if you somehow get another -0.05, you can be 5.0 with dags unsparked. The cap at 5.0 can't be overcome with extra - interval. That's all I said, it's not a solid cap but only max speed due to lack of more int.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Options
    They top out at 4.0 right now, but it's not a forced cap like 5.0. It's not a cap because if you somehow get another -0.05, you can be 5.0 with dags unsparked. The cap at 5.0 can't be overcome with extra - interval. That's all I said, it's not a solid cap but only max speed due to lack of more int.

you both said the same thing with different words b:surrender
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options

Pretty much; same applies to BMs at 4.0. If there were another piece of -.05 we might more Sage BMs/Sins... Oh god.
    you both said the same thing with different words b:surrender

Hard cap coded in game is 5.0, it won't pass that even if your calculated APS should be 6.67. The 4.0 cap of daggers isn't really a cap, it's just the highest until another piece of -.05 gear comes out. No game code saying that 4.0 can't be passed on daggers if a piece of gear comes out; same applicable with BMs with fists at 4.0.

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Pretty much; same applies to BMs at 4.0. If there were another piece of -.05 we might more Sage BMs/Sins... Oh god.

Hard cap coded in game is 5.0, it won't pass that even if your calculated APS should be 6.67. The 4.0 cap of daggers isn't really a cap, it's just the highest until another piece of -.05 gear comes out. No game code saying that 4.0 can't be passed on daggers if a piece of gear comes out; same applicable with BMs with fists at 4.0.

He didn't say hard cap he just said capped aka can't get anymore -int so cap...it's meant different from hard cap.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    He didn't say hard cap he just said capped aka can't get anymore -int so cap...it's meant different from hard cap.

Different interpretation, *shrugs.*

• Ash_ketchups - Sanctuary
    Ash_ketchups - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yeah I'll admit that saying cap wasn't the best way to word it since there's nothing that would stop BMs or Sage sins from having 5.0 unbuffed if more -int gear was introduced.

Sorry about the misunderstanding, folks. b:surrender
  • AiriJen - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Such as old quote of mine... I was talking about the capped sparked APS nerf of daggers down to 4APS. Though I'm not sure if the PWI version will carry out what the PW CN versions implemented.

You only need 3.33APS unsparked to get 5.0 sparked. Archers can reach 5.0 unsparked with rank 8 chest, others can only reach 4.0 unsparked (unless you're a sin using claws/fists instead of daggers). Daggers can only reach 4.0 with rank 8 chest without spark.

Sorry i didn't notice it was an old quote just that it was in a thread that has been on front page for a while.

and as i mailed Okeano yesterday, i use to notice the pan gu creator and love up and down tome use to get a jump of 3.33 -5 atk speed on calc. So big of a jump you could make a 5 aps sage barb on it. I remember always wondering why it did that. so for a while its just been making me think i could get 5 aps with just all the required gear on sin.that kind of blinded me that i would need (windshield or demon spark)+ the tome for 5 aps.

sry for the confusion b:surrender