Trophy Mode 79

Options
Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Alright so I'm trying to set up a TM 79 squad, but the place has me kinda confused.
I know that you need a boss to end the quest, and I'm guessing this is brigand/linus.

I do have a couple of questions, however.
As we all know, 79 has alot of doors which can be open and closed when you go in. Say for examply the door to hooli is open. Would you have to go back and kill stygen to durning the trophy mode, or can you push on to save time?
On the second set of doors, would it hurt your points to take the short path (my alt being a sin, I can check the doors before we start).

All in all, what would be the best path to take through the doors in order to get gold?

Hope someone can help me
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
Post edited by Sirrobert - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    There are different stop points depending on which doors are open and which aren't. I do not have these stop points though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Alright so I'm trying to set up a TM 79 squad, but the place has me kinda confused.
    I know that you need a boss to end the quest, and I'm guessing this is brigand/linus.

I do have a couple of questions, however.
    As we all know, 79 has alot of doors which can be open and closed when you go in. Say for examply the door to hooli is open. Would you have to go back and kill stygen to durning the trophy mode, or can you push on to save time?
    On the second set of doors, would it hurt your points to take the short path (my alt being a sin, I can check the doors before we start).

All in all, what would be the best path to take through the doors in order to get gold?

Hope someone can help me

Works the same as in a normal FB so you can test it pretty easily.

Also if its the short or long path should be random...I'm pretty sure if you are unlucky and have to do the long path you will have a really hard time getting gold medal.
    (BTW short path wouldnt hurt you because Gold Medal is a combination of time and points, meaning a short run with some mobs might get you a better point ranking at the end-NPC than the long run with killing every single mob)
    Ending Boss is always the boss furthest away, otherwise it'll be hard to get enough points =)..so definetely one of the 2last dudes.

Best run will propably be having hooli and short path to the big middle opened.
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Works the same as in a normal FB so you can test it pretty easily.

Also if its the short or long path should be random...I'm pretty sure if you are unlucky and have to do the long path you will have a really hard time getting gold medal.
    (BTW short path wouldnt hurt you because Gold Medal is a combination of time and points, meaning a short run with some mobs might get you a better point ranking at the end-NPC than the long run with killing every single mob)
    Ending Boss is always the boss furthest away, otherwise it'll be hard to get enough points =)..so definetely one of the 2last dudes.

Best run will propably be having hooli and short path to the big middle opened.

Keep in mind though that 50% of the mobs must be dead. An ideal path may in fact be either Sty + short path to last bosses or Hooli + long path to last bosses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Well I can always check the doors in stealth before we start the run, so the unlucky factor there will be abit lessend.

Tnx guys, we'll probably give it a try soon
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Rainmasta - Lost City
    Rainmasta - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I looked for the npc for TM79, where is it?
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I looked for the npc for TM79, where is it?

In Dreamweaver Port, next to the circle that ports you to Nightscream.

Also, you cannot really "check before you start", since TM NPCs are outside of the instance and you get ported inside when you start the quest. That is, unless you really want to waste paying the TM fee and resetting every time the doors aren't "fine".

And I'm not quite sure if TM79 is even fully functional, never heard of anyone doing it.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Options

Also, you cannot really "check before you start", since TM NPCs are outside of the instance and you get ported inside when you start the quest. That is, unless you really want to waste paying the TM fee and resetting every time the doors aren't "fine".

And I'm not quite sure if TM79 is even fully functional, never heard of anyone doing it.

All TMs "work" but Frost. TM99 Seat is bugged, however, in that the quest that shows the points and time and lets you turn in at the end does not appear most of the time. It is suspected that TM99 Abaddon may suffer from the same bug.

All TMs also suffer from a disconnect bug where one person may DC upon the quest being activated and not being able to log back in for several minutes even if you force log.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    All TMs "work" but Frost. TM99 Seat is bugged, however, in that the quest that shows the points and time and lets you turn in at the end does not appear most of the time. It is suspected that TM99 Abaddon may suffer from the same bug.

All TMs also suffer from a disconnect bug where one person may DC upon the quest being activated and not being able to log back in for several minutes even if you force log.

TM Frost has a bit of a hard time working since it doesn't exist anymore. So that's really not a concern.

But what I meant was that I've never heard of anyone who has even ran TM79 nor have I ever seen anyone with a TM79 cape. I also happen to know that the quest for the Tokens of Glory does not exist, even in an otherwise fully functional TM.

Of course, I do have to admit that it'd certainly be weird if TM79 was the only one that didn't work, as TM99s have been ran and TM89 is "GM supported", so to speak.

That, in turn, kinda makes me wonder: Is it because no one knows anything about TM? Is it because TM79 is harder? I wouldn't know, my friend who ran enough TM Wraithgate for the Token of Glory (e.g. he had all the capes) was of the opinion that TM Hallucinatory would be easier because the level range is 70-90, which means you get Demons and Sages into it just barely.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Options
    But what I meant was that I've never heard of anyone who has even ran TM79 nor have I ever seen anyone with a TM79 cape. I also happen to know that the quest for the Tokens of Glory does not exist, even in an otherwise fully functional TM.

Of course, I do have to admit that it'd certainly be weird if TM79 was the only one that didn't work, as TM99s have been ran and TM89 is "GM supported", so to speak.

That, in turn, kinda makes me wonder: Is it because no one knows anything about TM? Is it because TM79 is harder? I wouldn't know, my friend who ran enough TM Wraithgate for the Token of Glory (e.g. he had all the capes) was of the opinion that TM Hallucinatory would be easier because the level range is 70-90, which means you get Demons and Sages into it just barely.

People have ran tm79...just not on this version. Also, what makes 79 hard is that there are different sets of stop points depending on which doors are opened at the time. Three sets of doors...six possible paths (of course, can just have sin stealth to the tower and kill it if the one door is closed). Add to the fact that the majority of mobs in there are ranged? Yep...

I'm not going to bother with 69 or 79 though. I'd rather try to conquer Lunar on this version.

As for tm99 Seat's bugs...and the DC bug common in all TMs.

Oh well. At least my tm89 pdef cloak came out 4soc on the first try.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Options

Yes I can XD
    I can check the dungeon, than go out and start the run
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yes I can XD
    I can check the dungeon, than go out and start the run

You can't. 'Cause then you can't start the run...or at least that's how it works for tm89 and 99.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Cheze - Lost City
    Cheze - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    just do the lunar TM ijs.

took my squad 3 hours to farm everyone a lunar int/chan cape. (each valley under 400 seconds, 8 times)

also 99 seat TM seems to work for me did one for fun and got a gold medal.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Options
    also 99 seat TM seems to work for me did one for fun and got a gold medal.

It works off and on. I did manage to get two medals, but all the runs since have bugged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Cheze - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It works off and on. I did manage to get two medals, but all the runs since have bugged.

hm weird well i only did 1 run of 99 and it was fine. all the lunar runs were not bugged though. 99 isn't as good as lunar anyways since normal wing trophy is only 30mil or so, although it should take about 1.5 hours to get it so it's not bad still. All my runs only really only have 3-4 people doing the work. Theres a few extra spots for alts or whoever want the cape.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Options
    hm weird well i only did 1 run of 99 and it was fine. all the lunar runs were not bugged though. 99 isn't as good as lunar anyways since normal wing trophy is only 30mil or so, although it should take about 1.5 hours to get it so it's not bad still. All my runs only really only have 3-4 people doing the work. Theres a few extra spots for alts or whoever want the cape.

tm99 Seat has supposedly always been buggy. I suspect Aba is as well, but haven't tried Aba yet.

Also, both tm99s are great if you want pdef/mdef/HP instead of int or -chan. And I would rather not pay 30mil for a 5mil cape. ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options

Well, what is your squad like? Mostly 5 aps with a cleric?
  • Cheze - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Well, what is your squad like? Mostly 5 aps with a cleric?

3 sins and a cleric for rez and our alts we want capes on. went on 10 runs and all success with this squad. of course there were numerous fail attempts earlier with different squad builds.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Regular tm89 squads usually composed of me, barb, BM, and then three DDs of any class.

tm99 squad was usually me, barb, 9jun psy, 9jun sin, and either 1 9jun archer + 1 BM or 2 9jun archers.

Lunar...working on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.