Threshold for Soloing Full FCs.

Options
Firefeng - Dreamweaver
Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Assassin
Alright. I'm level 97. Pure Dex build, 3 base vit. 2.5 APS with +7 Sage daggers. 6.2K base HP. 4k p.def. All without squad buffs.

The boss right after the big room owns my ***. Bubble boss is a joke. (Last time I soloed, he got off one bubble on me in between vacs/demon spark.) Bishop/run bosses both took me longer.

Decaying Fragrance, though...used stone turtle orbs + triple sparked as often as possible to purify amp damage/avoid it + stuns. Still died while boss was halfway dead.

I'm just curious if Sins @ my level, with similar gear, were able to solo a full FC, and if so, how (without luck), since the boss right after Big Room always manages to kill me. Is 3.33 aps+ a necessity for her, or am I just missing an integral piece of strategy here?
Post edited by Firefeng - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I've got 6k HP unbuffed, 3.3k p.defense (sucks, I am aware :() and 4.0 APS at 100. And I can't solo the boss after the big room, I've never used any pots, I always get him to near death, but eventually his debuffs are faster than I can purify myself. I wasn't fully buffed either, I could've probably done it if I had full squad buffs and such, But I would say it is near damn well impossible for you to solo him with the gear you've got now, he just hits way too hard for that :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Funny i have the exact opposite problem. I can always count of getting killed several times from the 2nd boss, but the bosses after heads are all easy can be. I want to know how the heck you survive getting a bubble without being charmed?
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Funny i have the exact opposite problem. I can always count of getting killed several times from the 2nd boss, but the bosses after heads are all easy can be. I want to know how the heck you survive getting a bubble without being charmed?

If you time your Tree of Protection properly you can avoid being killed, although you'll be relatively low on HP.

If you're a demon sin then no, i doubt it's possible with your gear. Apparently as a sage the 25% damage reduction keeps you alive without buffs.
  • GhostReaper_ - Heavens Tear
    GhostReaper_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

Use Tidal protection i have done it a few time w/o him even balling me, also demon Step maze helps, with Essence boss its easy tanking that one if u time the sparks right
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Options

By being charmed. Not that hard.
  • Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver
    Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    spam the hell outa ur jiaozi and save your chi for right when he debuffs you then spark to purify ASAP u wont kill him fast but u wont die either... i just 5 APS slap him in like 30 seconds b4 he debuffs me buuuut b4 i was 5 APS i used that tactic and i barely ever died from him
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    when life gives you lemons
    put them in a sack and beat your wife
    with them b:victory
  • _Spot_ - Lost City
    _Spot_ - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    has a question for you huns...

Ok i got 3.33 aps demon sparked ran8 +7 daggers and bout 3.5 physical defence..

anyway how you solo frost i mean ive done thousands of it i jsut want to know wts the best hypper/cost thing here...

Obviously i can pull big room and kill mobs so whow u do it when to hyper?

Also you skip mobs and go straight to bosses?
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Options
    has a question for you huns...

Ok i got 3.33 aps demon sparked ran8 +7 daggers and bout 3.5 physical defence..

anyway how you solo frost i mean ive done thousands of it i jsut want to know wts the best hypper/cost thing here...

Obviously i can pull big room and kill mobs so whow u do it when to hyper?

Also you skip mobs and go straight to bosses?

I personally hyper right before the boss before the Big Room dies, then leave it running to kill the shade and the mobs in the room with the shade. Still leaving 'em running, I run around the big room and kill two groups of mobs at a time. After the big room's empty save for the boss, I pause hypers, and then reactivate them right before he dies and start on heads.

Hypering the other bosses is a matter of preference. I usually hyper run/bishop bosses, but not first boss or bubble boss.
  • _Spot_ - Lost City
    _Spot_ - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I personally hyper right before the boss before the Big Room dies, then leave it running to kill the shade and the mobs in the room with the shade. Still leaving 'em running, I run around the big room and kill two groups of mobs at a time. After the big room's empty save for the boss, I pause hypers, and then reactivate them right before he dies and start on heads.

Hypering the other bosses is a matter of preference. I usually hyper run/bishop bosses, but not first boss or bubble boss.

I do that too but im talking on soloing not squading, i just want to know how u kill bigroom, one by one group?thats a lot of hyper wasting i guess... how you do it to grow more lvls??
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I do that too but im talking on soloing not squading, i just want to know how u kill bigroom, one by one group?thats a lot of hyper wasting i guess... how you do it to grow more lvls??

Get two groups of mobs, demon spark, and start APSing single targets to death. Reapply Demon Spark as necessary until group is dead. Yes, it's slower than using CoD/triple spark/Subsea/Rift/Bramble to AOE entire groups, but I personally require the higher aps of auto-attacking to survive more than one group at a time. Other sins with better gear probably have a different way of doing things.

The thing with soloing FC (if you choose to solo) is that using more hyper time rather than activates is the best way to get xp. (Ultimately, though, running multiple runs with a squad in less time is probably best until 99/100.)

Just soloed FC a few days ago at 98, got about 25%. I'd keep soloing it but I'm really, really lazy...I actually would be 100 by now if it weren't for my apathy, actually.
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Sorry for the double post, bit of an update.

Soloed boss after big room at 99. Was a little close sometimes, but not as close as Phlebo/Fats used to be in my early 90s when I started soloing BHes.

Only have 6.2k HP/2.86 aps sparked at 99 (and it's the same aps with or without tt99 gold ornaments, so I was using sky demon's pearl and warsoul belt instead of them). The linchpin seems to be Demon Rib Strike (slows by 65% instead of 50%) and Demon Tidal Protection (50% negative status evasion/10% damage evasion). Last time I tried this at 98 I used Focused Mind, so maybe using Tidal Protection was the linchpin, but demon rib strike helped noticeably, also.

Only used one stone turtle orb the entire fight, never used Absolute Domain (though I probably should have...) and my Deaden Nerves was never activated. I got down to 1k HP a coupla times, and to be honest I'd say I could only successfully do it 50-75% of the time.

Oh, this is without any squad buffs, just my buffs. If I had squad buffs it would probably be a joke. (~8.3k HP, 8k+ pdef, etc. buffed versus 6.2k HP, 3.9k pdef unbuffed...definitely doable 100% of the time with squad buffs.)
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Do all of the mobs in big room at once, it is easy, here is how I do it (I have +10 daggers). Edit: I don't every wear a charm either, and my gear is far from stellar (unbuffed 6.1k hp & 4.5k phy def).

*Start with full chi, 3.99 sparks*

1) Switch to a genie with bramble rage
    2) Let said genie recharge
    3) Buff with deaden nerves & chill of the deep.
    3) Run by the mob groups starting at one end of room & working towards other end. Do NOT use windpush or maze steps or a speed apoth. Use jiaozi to keep hp topped up if a few mobs get close enough to whack you.
    4) After you collected roughly 1/2 of the mobs, windpush. The idea is to create some space between you and the mobs.
    5) Use maze steps as you run towards the last group of mobs in corner.
    6) Use wolf emblem; you should now have exactly 3.0 sparks.
    7) As you reach the mobs in the corner, hit an apoth: the one I use is called... memory fails me, its a lvl 40 apoth that increases physical defense for 20 seconds, cheap to make & very useful. Unless you can afford ironguards, the other 'immune to dmg' apoths simply don't last long enough; don't bother with them.
    8) Buff with focused mind. The mobs will start clustering around you now.
    9) Earthen rift once.
    10) Triple spark.
    11) Power dash glitch. This can be a bit tricky with all the mobs around you, but if you've practiced it, it shouldn't be hard. You press power dash, then quickly switch to bow while also lightly pressing the 'S' key so that you slightly step backwards. The idea is to get crit buff & keep all your chi. Switch back to daggers. *In the event that you accidentally do a full power dash, do a Rising Dragon attack and continue with next step*.
    12) Subsea Strike.
    13) Bramble Rage.
    14) Earthen Rift.
    15) Run back a bit & see how many mobs following you. If lucky, they all dead. If not, maybe a few not dead. Hit a jiaozi, cuz for 100% sure you will have the hf debuff on you. Keep running back till earthen rift is ready.
    16) Tab to the nearest mob, and earthen rift again.
    17) Auto-attack & kill any survivors.

Cheers,

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'll try that my next solo run. I have 10 guardian scrolls, and no real need to hit 101 save for stealth levels; what could I possibly lose?
  • Ass/ssiN - Dreamweaver70
    Ass/ssiN - Dreamweaver70 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I usually just kill big room 2-3 groups at a time takes just about the same amount of time that gathering and aoe'ing does.