2012 Wizard Guide Of The Future!!

MageFizban - Lost City
MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Wizard
YES, THIS IS THE GUIDE FOR THE WIZARDS OF NEXT YEAR!

First off, let's go over the builds.

BUILDS

Arcane Armor

Endgame, you won't want to use arcane armor. Sins will **** you nonstop if you do.
If you insist on this build, I would recommend sharding drakeflame stones into your armor (like prof) and at least statting 300 vit.

Light Armor

This is a viable build as the extra pdef might give you some time to blink before you're already dead after a sin unstealths on you. I wouldn't give it too much though because you'll get oneshot by everything else as well with this build. I'd recommend statting maybe 150 vit if you decide to do this build.

Heavy Armor

The ideal wizard build. This armor benefits the most from our Stone Barrier and gives us a modicum of survivability against sins endgame. I mean, what's the point of any other build? As one wise wizard once said "If you can't survive, you can't deal damage." or something to that extent. In this build, you could go without statting vit, but I would put in at least 100 to be on the safe side.

Now, let's go review the skills.

SKILLS

Distance Shrink - This is pretty much your best friend. If you manage to survive the initial onslaught, you should probably be spamming this skill so that you can tele out of melee range. Too bad they can shadow tele or telestun you making your resistance futile.

Force of Will - Limited use. Most likely going to be resisted on the sin's tidal protection.

Soporific Whisper - Same as FoW except with a longer CD.

Now, that I've covered all of the important skills, let's move onto pvp strategies!

PVP STRATEGIES

Really, all the variations of pvp strategies boil down to TWO different ones.

First off, my personal favorite is the RUNNING strategy. With this, sins have to chase you and it makes it more rewarding to know that they had to run around trying to double spark headhunt you for 5 minutes.

The other viable strategy is HIDING. I think this strategy kind of defeats the purpose of pvping, but if you can beat sins at their own game, good for you!

Okay, I've had my fun. Watch this come back to bite me in the butt. Oh well. Twas worth it.
Post edited by MageFizban - Lost City on

Comments

• ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    lolb:chuckle
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I actually have followed this guide for several months already. YAY IT WORKS b:victory
    Packs World International
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    OMG, I've been doing it wrong all those years.

Tnx for showing me the true path master
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    If you say so MageFishban.b:chuckle
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The other viable strategy is HIDING. I think this strategy kind of defeats the purpose of pvping, but if you can beat sins at their own game, good for you!

Safety zone is my stealth, ijs . . . . .
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited February 2011

this made me lol
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited February 2011

blue name is your stealth, ijs...
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    I'd like to request a mod to sticky this guide. I think it holds more valuable information than some guide on zhenning and this Streaker's wiz guide.

I'm glad you all find my infinite wisdom to be enlightening.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Well I was gonna say this should be a "How to kinda (not really) survive a 1v1 with a sin" guide for wizards, but then I realized that by 2012, everyone will be playing a sin b:cry
  • xposed1
    xposed1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    this is amazing i request a sticky!!!!

much better than bloodmystic guide tbh.
  • Kywe - Harshlands
    Kywe - Harshlands Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    disagree. AA wiz is better than all the classes if you know how to play it. because if barbs get killed by sins and are HA and have low magic defense, so HA wiz would die fast and would have low magic defense too.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    disagree. AA wiz is better than all the classes if you know how to play it. because if barbs get killed by sins and are HA and have low magic defense, so HA wiz would die fast and would have low magic defense too.

i'm just going to ignore the fact that you actually thought this was serious. maybe you can edit in something humorous to brighten someone's day instead.
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    xposed1 wrote: »
    this is amazing i request a sticky!!!!

much better than bloodmystic guide tbh.

er, it is more . . . . concise b:lipcurl
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    er, it is more . . . . concise b:lipcurl

SEE? Being succinct is cool.
This discussion has been closed.