LA Cleric

Options
lizrau
lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Cleric
I already have this gear...Was just wondering if it would be worth making a LA Cleric? Or should I live with the epic squishiness and be Arcane (: Comments, thoughts, no trolls, plz ^^

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=cc318dd0b63bf74e
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
Post edited by lizrau on

Comments

• _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I recomend you restart into AA cleric, so the dex points will go on vit or magic.

At lv100 you must have more than 4k hp unbuffed to be able to survive, if the cleric dies almost the full squad dies with you. LA build sacrifices the vit/magic for dex points.

For the phy def you can shard you gear with garnets, I bet that many of the AA gear from Action house is already garnet sharded. Protection ornaments helps aswell.

As cleric you need the most magic points that you can add, it means better heals and attacks.

LA add some more critical but is not worthing at all and also it sacrifices magical defense.

If you want to keep your LA build you have to invest many in game coins for citrine shard and refines to get a nice hp to survive.
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
  • kriviox
    kriviox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Highly recommend a pure.

And a pure cleric is pretty good at surviving with IH spam. I can take down elite mobs in BH alone (one at a time so far) and I don't have 3*gear or TT atm. The group just kinda.. watched me kill it on my own. Thanks group b:chuckle

But ya, personally, totally worth it to be pure.

If you can't fathom being pure, maybe a vit build will be better. However, I highly recommend just doing AA and being pure ^^
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Ok, I compared Pure and LA myself, and found AA to be much better in terms of Matk, Mdef, and PDef (with garnets) Thanks guys for the help :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Dawnx_ - Harshlands
    Dawnx_ - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm currently experimenting with a LA cleric build that around 90 would have the same mag attack as my AA Vit build cleric does.
    Dawnx_- 101 Sage Cleric.
    Dawnx- 100 Demon Cleric.
    DawnMyst- 94 Mystic.
    Doom_Panda- 101 R9 Barb 23k HP. :D
    PsychicTuna- 90 Sage Psychic.

PANDAS FTW!!!
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I tried my cleric of +100 with LA, vit & pure build. Based just on personal experience I like pure, but depends what you want, for instance my other cleric is almost full vit now, just to get as much survivability to heal me as possible.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Play around with PW calc and you'll find that LA is not as effective as AA in most categories (probably all, but I want to shy away from blanket statements).

If I had the time and patience, I'd just put some builds together and throw some numbers your way, but you are smart enough to do it on your own.

Anyway AA > LA at endgame anyway, generally speaking.

EDIT: I didn't see you had already posted your decision. Mea culpa b:surrender
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Early on in game LA for a cleric can be fairly useful because a lot of the mobs are either melee or do ranged phys attack. However near and at end-game it's fairly useless because you can get a lot of gear with great physical defense either through ornaments, capes, and even certain types of AA. This character has most of the parts to the legendary 90s gold AA, including Cape of Underworld Slayer, and it has reduced physical dmg taken bonuses.

Essentially, if you go LA you still get the decent phys defense but you would have to switch out to AA when fighting elemental mobs, I myself have experimented with LA but I found that I would have to switch armors a lot because I would be really squishy. Also, you hp gets nurfed in LA, but this is speaking from someone who has over 100 base vitality now ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i never had LA build, but like said before i also have a friend who is LA build and loved it but shes going to switch to AA at 100. The lil defence and crit you get from LA isnt rly wort sacrificing magic and vit for
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo