Leveling Pets?

Tsenlu - Sanctuary
Tsenlu - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
For all of you really game savvy and super smart people out there who play as the Venomancer class I would like to know if you would share your vast experience and tell me where to level my pet so that it is not consistently 5 to 8 levels below me.

Remember the snowmen?
That was great!
It took me about an hour to level my pet 5 levels killing snowmen.
At that time I could level all of my pets except for the aquatic pets to my actual level.
Killing mobs is extremely pitiful experience for pets especially for aquatic pets.
Granted I don't spend all of my time on a single character so my Venomancer's pets are well below her own level.
I do spend quite a bit of money on the game but I just don't have something like $200 dollars to spend on materials to make a battle pet.
That is just crazy!
If someone can't tell me a better way to level my pets could we at least get a cash shop item to do it?
I know no other class is affected by this situation but it is a real problem for me and I suspect most Venomancers.
You know, for Venomancers the pets are our primary weapons.
Post edited by Tsenlu - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Cube room 4 takes a bit of luck to get there though.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    for land pets, take them out grinding with you, or go to cube of fate room #4.

for air pets, take them out grinding with you --- even on land mobs, if you can stand the glitching --- or go to the staunch worms by raging tides.

for water pets... just give up, that's what the rest of us do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The preferred method for leveling a ground pet is the Cube of Fate, room 4. It's filled with level 150 mobs with 10 HP, so each one will give the maximum possible XP per kill to your pets. As for getting there, Dice Tickets are dirt cheap right now because of the Mysterious Chip sale. Just keep trying until you roll a 3.

For air pets, the Staunch Worms outside Raging Tide serve much the same function, as they're level 100 with 100 HP. Take longer though, as they're immune to elemental damage.
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    What they said.

For air pets, Staunch Worms work best at 50+ for a nix and 60-70+ for other pets. Before those levels, you're better off grinding on foxwings, dragons, and vipons. Post 100 the mq bats tend to be better.

But also, look at how many pets you have. You don't need a whole lot of them: tank, dd, puller/ranged, air, and water. If you have those, you've got everything covered. Levelling pets gets exponentially harder at endgame. Pick a couple and stick with them. More than that and it becomes too much of a pain to level.

PW already has a Mrs. Zoologist, we don't all need to become one. b:cute
  • Tsenlu - Sanctuary
    Tsenlu - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Well thanks for the information but PW really needs to do something about that situation.
    Yeah, I tried the staunch worms and they work pretty good for flying pets but so far I can't figure out how to get into room 4 in the cube.
    Like I said before, pets are a Venomancers primary weapon.
    Without them a Venomancer is a really weak and pretty worthless character.
    Even in fox form they are pretty worthless without the pet.
    Talk about game imbalance!
    See how long you last against a Barbarian in tiger form without your pet.
    So please PW staff, please see what you can do about the pet leveling situation.
    Maybe more pet experience from regular mobs is the answer.
    Pleeeeeease :)
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    FYI, I added the pet leveling recommendations given here, along with the pet EXP leveling requirements, to the Leveling Pets section of the Guide to Taming and Raising Pets article in the wiki.

Leveling non-water pets isn't too hard, and that article links to the Cube of Fate article, which explains how to get to Room 4 in the Cube. Still, I wouldn't mind them adding something to level water pets on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    What we need is some sort of pet exp cubes in cash shop and maybe for dragon points, that we can feed our pets like pet food. b:dirty

OH and maybe they should make pet hyper stones. MMmmm.

But I've tried suggestion box a few times, they don't read that stuff anyway. Too bad... they'd make a bunch of money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Sanada_X - Dreamweaver
    Sanada_X - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    what i wonder is why is it that no matter what lvl the pet is or how high the mob's lvl is the pet always gets only 15 xp. and why doesn't it ever get affected during 2x xp events? i'm trying to lvl up my phoenix on staunch worms and am falling asleep. why not increase the xp amount like adding 1xp for each lvl a mob is higher than the pet or something? i'm gonna die of boredom
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    what i wonder is why is it that no matter what lvl the pet is or how high the mob's lvl is the pet always gets only 15 xp. and why doesn't it ever get affected during 2x xp events? i'm trying to lvl up my phoenix on staunch worms and am falling asleep. why not increase the xp amount like adding 1xp for each lvl a mob is higher than the pet or something? i'm gonna die of boredom

Because 15 exp is the max the pet can get per kill and its easy enough with cube + staunch worms as it is now.

Also, last post before yours was over 3 months ago... b:bye
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited May 2011
This discussion has been closed.