Tw Times

Options
Ignathas - Sanctuary
Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Suggestion Box
ok i skimmed suggestions and couldnt actually find it perhaps im blind.. question.
when will european PWI players stop being discriminated? it says Perfect World International. Well here, in europe, having to wake up 4-5 a.m. on weekends to attend TW hardly seems fair. I play this game for 2 years soon, TW is the best thing in PWI for me, and while all the world has it +- on normal times, Europe has it then the owls dont sleep. I am dissapointed alot with it, just like all the european players, and will this EVER be changed?
genesis expansion would be a great time for it.

Suggestion - make more TW times, more TW timeslots, so even we can finally have fun at Normal time for us, and not having to wake up our spouses in the morning or sleeping kids or in general feel sleepy all weekend afterwards.
More tw times = more tw, = more ppl buy charms and stuff for pwi gold = more cashshopping = pwi gets more cash...
Post edited by Ignathas - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    +1

I pointed that out to a lot of people already, but most don't care. I can't join any good factions, because all of them have mandatory TW. And I WILL NOT wake up 5 am to play a game, I have to work at the weekends too. But American people don't care, GMs don't care and most of all Devs DON'T ****ing CARE!

By the way haven't seen you in a while Ignathas, doing good?
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    yea long time no see ;) i know a lot of people who are bored off this game or quit or plan to, and just farm cos got nothing else to do and just stay cos they wait for expansion out of curiosity.. you have to be either stupid or have no life to wake up at 4-5 in the morning on weekends.. but i guess ive been 1 of those for long enough, now im also thinking, if this is never to change gonna have to do smth about it. many of the ppl i know dont join factions just cos dont wanna wake up that early to go to tw, some join but no-show or can hardly ever make it, so tw becomes boring in general since its more 30vs 70 then 80vs 80 even these days.. i was in small faction for so long and now am in big one, and either way factions suffer cos ppl no-show. i know alot of german, polish, scandinavian, russian, spannish, french, english people etc. and thats all = europe.. and it does sux for us.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    *facedesk* this game is aimed at people in north america and international means more then 1 country and how many countries does north america have o thts right 3b:bye
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Indeed, many of my former friends quit already. The game is just getting boring and a giant waste of time, when your reach 100 and have all your stuff. Why play more classes to 100, if there is still nothing to do? TW is one of the main features why people even play this game. I mean sure, 40 v 40 PvP sounds nice with the new expansion, but why should I bother, they will just make it fitting for their time anyway. I play mostly 7 pm - 10 pm my time. American people sleep this time, one of the reasons why I mostly have European friends, as you do. And we all never go to TW, as we do not want to wake up just to get owned by OP people in a 10 min TW. It is just not worth bothering with, imo. I tried talking to people for long enough, that this system is unfair, but none of the, cared at all. I would love to join one of the good facs, but being forced to support TW SUCKS. I ask for help in a TW fac, no answer. 5 minutes later people are having giant discussions about TW, TW and TW. That is the only thing people think of, but you don't even get rewarded. All you do is waste money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    anwynd wrote: »
    *facedesk* this game is aimed at people in north america and international means more then 1 country and how many countries does north america have o thts right 3b:bye

Then why do they block asian IPs, but not european?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I believe it's because their license with PW-CN does not allow them to give access to players in regions where other versions of the game are based.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I believe it's because their license with PW-CN does not allow them to give access to players in regions where other versions of the game are based.

There is an European of PW too xD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yeah but I think it's a matter of the licensing contract - someone explained it once a while back but I don't really remember :s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i heard of european pwi, but never wanted to play on private servers.. why play for free if i can pay to play b:chuckle but yes some ppl go there just cos of tw/pk.. tbh i think if to check % of americans and europeans players in pwi it would not be much different (+ if those european players that quit are returned..) so wonder why they discriminate us..
  • Dimitrik - Dreamweaver
    Dimitrik - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm confused. Aren't the various servers on different times? That is, TW takes place at different times on these different servers?

This seems a lot like a case of wanting catering, even for Americans. Some people have jobs that go through those TW times, after all. The issue here is that you can't please everyone. It's impossible.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    But they could implement TW times that allow European people to participate. In this way, uber-strong facs would only partially be able to defend their lands, and thus the map would remain more colorful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    idk we have 20:00 server time all the time, only that time.. and thats 4-5 a.m. for europe.. is not about pleasing everyone, is about making things fair.. ofc ppl have jobs, some work all weekends, thats a minority, i know 0 ppl who work full weekend and can never attend tw, but i know hundreds of ppl on my server alone that have to wake up call it morning or late evening whatever and either be dizzy all weekend or not attend the most fun event for most ppl in this game..
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    it really is unfair to those how live in a inconvenient timezone. PW does things that hinders or flat out locks players out of certain aspects of the game. having another TW for those on the other side of the world couldn't hurt, it would make guilds be more diverse when it comes to picking members from different timezones.
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ok so i added a poll here, maybe im mistaken and it is a vast majority here whom these tw times are perfect so vote maybe if its actually not only me having a problem maybe gms will pay attention b:surrender
  • Adeacia - Heavens Tear
    Adeacia - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You say there is a europe version of this game but I say otherwise. I know there was but I don't think there is anymore. I know the game was a failure and the website does not load.

I have a friend who lives in england that goes to the fort siege a lot in jade dynasty and it starts at the same time TW does here.
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Saturday and Sunday in-game already has different times.Been there for some time already,no?
    And I thought PW-MS shut down or something.

And don't get me started on why they wouldn't change it.
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    maybe european players do not cashshop and americans do so thats why game is based for them.. but lol the logic.. if ppl from US have friends from Europe, and that ofc is true, i got alot of american friends too, so if european players get bored starts playing less and ultimately quit the game, US players do loose their ingame friends also, and therefore some become less active and/or quit themselves..

PWI - You said it is in games nature to constantly develop, implement new things and stay interesting.. then how adding more/different TW timeslots is not developing? i know ppl who would return if tw times were mended and made fairer..

IS IT HARD TO DO? And what are the Negative consequences? i see 0..
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    At the moment there are many European people in PWI. They have good connections and speak and write English well enough to play the game and not stand out in a negative way from other players in this game. Many come from countries such as Germany, Holland, the UK, Sweden, just to name a few. Mostly you don't know they are from outside the US until someone tells you they are in a different timezone or they have to go to bed. Many of these players are in TW factions on my server and they do cash shop to get better gear and to do TW. Not being able to attend TWs is not just a limitation of game content , but also a limitation in the factions you can join or what you can offer to your faction for being a member.

It's a shame that thier investments are not valued equally to the ones of people in the US. While the European players have less game content to enjoy unless they want to wake up at 4.00 or 5.00 am and invest a lot of money in the game for their characters, many of them stay in-game, even at high levels.

This game isn't exactly aimed at North America only. I do remember television advertisements for Perfect World by Perfect World International in my country. So stating this game is for North Americans and Europeans are not part of this deal is rather ackward in this respect.

It would be nice if we get to enjoy the same game content with the same service as other customers. Our money holds the same value and there is a large market. The gaming market mostly consists of players who do have to sleep at night for work, school etc. So, if PWI offers some great content which is not in the reach of it's market, it might as well not be there at all and only serves to frustrate players. Some of these players stay on, but use this content less, while others look for other games to play or other places to play PWI.

Advertising for PWI in these countries is rather a waste of money if you can't offer a product that can compete well and many of the people that would otherwise stay on up to higher levels will drop out around lvl 70 when the available game content for their chars starts to diminish. The players lost because of this, don't leave because of anger or discontent, they leave because they find better games to play and lose interest in PWI. Since people already tried the game for a while and left before they committed themselves to the game, the chance that they will return are virtually nill. It's a permenant loss of marketshare. The only way to get interest back is to launch a new game with another name to get people interested again to have a look, which is exactly what PWI is doing. It would however been wiser to keep as large a part of the market as possible, since not adressing these points means they are setting themselves up to make the same mistake again.

Having servers on different times makes PWI compete with other games on content and will make it possible to compete with some other games which have a primarily local customer base. I can't name other free online MMORPGs (not PWI clones) but there are some good ones available which do not have the number of servers or content to compete well with the P2P versions, but are winning the battle from Perfect World locally, because they have a local playerbase to whom all the content is readily available.

To everyone concerned with the definition of "international" meaning more then 1 country and limiting this to 2 or 3 countries, the minimal requirement does not equal the maximal possibilities. At least PWI doen't seem to think so, which makes sense for a commercial bussiness.
    According to their press release http://pwe-inc.com/press/?p=176701 they're not only oriented on North America and it would be nice if the absence of the European version for Perfect World would at least mean there would be some consideration for their European market. Eventhough I don't endorse the multilanguage versions, which would split up the playerbase, I think that joining the playerbase together by making the game content more accesible would be a good step to make the European playerbase a priority. Personally I think the language barrier is not the biggest problem, but more the timezone differences.
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    hm so in some other thread gm answered it was all US based game... dont remmember how or why did i join it in the first place then >.> but US also have morning and also have evening, more tws in general would benefit them as well.. why only 1 or 2 different time slots every weekend.. 1 time slot every weekend for the past year rly.. think this would benefit everyone but w.e
  • Hong - Raging Tide
    Hong - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
  • gyurunkwaze
    gyurunkwaze Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

open your eyes plz: PRIVATE SERVER

theres no offical EU server anymore
  • Drakaniel - Heavens Tear
    Drakaniel - Heavens Tear Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yeah we need to get the TW times fixed up by allowing more times to choose from because waking up at 5 AM to go to war when you wake up at 6 AM all week long, it's kind of irritating... b:angry
    It's not even fair, there are LOTS of european players in PWI...
    [SIGPIC]"http://pwinsider.wordpress.com"[/SIGPIC]

Registered on 2008-11-30 10:07:44
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Speaking as a european player myself the TW times are no real problem since they are on friday or saturday so a player participating in TW wont have to get up early the next day anyway to get to work. Moreover a mayor change in favour of european players would make it harder for US people to attend the TWs.

TWs which start at 20:00 servertime start at 2or3 am for european people which means that only in case of a full 3h TW it would be 5 am then. I think if there should be a change in TW times they should only be made 1-2 hours earlier to make it able for both US and European players to attend TW. The argument that the saturday evening is screwed when you attend TW remains anyway because after a TW it will be 23:00h for US players and most of the people who plan to go out wont wait till 23:00. On the other hand most of the people (players) i know are adults and they wont go to bed before 2 am on a saturday anyway.

While i dont see a need for mayor changes for TW times i would like that timelimited Instances like the Dragon Temple or the Jungle Ruins should get a 2nd "european" timeslot because they are only open during the week and here 22:00 and 2:00 am makes a huge difference

greetz harm0wnie
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ye tw 2 hours earlier = autoquit for me.. not a total nolifer pff.. also read above that playing at night, specially that you say adults play = being a noob in real life.. i have a gf who is sleeping at night/hate waking her up, others have kids, others have parents, others dont want to feel dum after a night/morning with no sleep..

i am not talking about tw time change, i am talking about adding More tw timeslots so that More people can actually attend tws.
  • Drakaniel - Heavens Tear
    Drakaniel - Heavens Tear Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i am not talking about tw time change, i am talking about adding More tw timeslots so that More people can actually attend tws.
    +1
    TWs which start at 20:00 servertime start at 2or3 am for european people which means that only in case of a full 3h TW it would be 5 am then.
    Depends where you are in Europe and what server you are in. I'm in France and I play in a West Coast Server so 8 PM = 5 AM.
    [SIGPIC]"http://pwinsider.wordpress.com"[/SIGPIC]

Registered on 2008-11-30 10:07:44
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    since they are on friday or saturday so a player participating in TW wont have to get up early the next day anyway to get to work.

Lol where the heck do you live? I have to work every Saturday and every 2nd Sundayb:byeb:bye.

Let's just stop discussing and come to the conclusion that:

1. TW times suck for Europe.

2. It needs change.

3. US players don't give a ****.

4. GMs/Devs don't give a ****.

5. Change will not happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Change times so EU players can take part? Nah. Then US players wouldnt be able to most likely.

But TW at both an earlier time and the times now would be cool.
    Cause tbh.... getting in a big faction past 100 sucks if you cant TW. Most of them will just shove you off with a standard response.

And moving to a private server isnt an option for me, kty. Playing this game cause I want to achieve things, not be able to hit 105 a day and have all my gear ready...

Well Kas pretty much summed it up...
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    last thing to die is hope..

lmao, if you bend your head right and see at the poll results you can see a nice gesture :>