What is so wrong with oracle quests?

Umbrotalaris - Archosaur
Umbrotalaris - Archosaur Posts: 34 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
What is so wrong with oracle quests?

It looks just like any other quest to me.
Also if oracle is a no-no then why isn't the crazy stone quest a no-no?
They both give exp with less effort needed than a normal quest.

I only see people calling other people noobs on the forums for doing oracles without any good decent reason.

What is the difference between crazy stoning and oracling?
Post edited by Umbrotalaris - Archosaur on

Comments

• Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    the fact that there was a huge increase in high level players "oracling" to level to 80+ then hypering. They didnt build a base knowledge of their class and we ended up with demon/sage level players with lvl 15 grade skills and abilities.
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Slarti - Dreamweaver
    Slarti - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You can do hundreds of oracles a day if you want, leveling really fast while doing basically nothing.

Crazy stone is only available once a day, can't get to level 100 on crazy stone alone, but if you really wanted to (and spent a buttload of money, which is why people usually talk smack about oracle nubs) you could stand in one spot, alone, for weeks straight and get to level 100 just killing wicked pirates.....

Oracle nubs ftw!
  • Umbrotalaris - Archosaur
    edited February 2011
    So it is not the oracle quest itself, just the abuse of it?
  • Yoyoki - Lost City
    Yoyoki - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    also crazy stones is only a daily to help,its not even worth doing anymore at a higher level since the cost of the stones outweigh the exp you get from it, and you can spam oracles for hours on end..
    edited February 2011
    Wait I think I get it, you may be able to level up fast but your skills won't be high leveled because they don't give enough spirit?

I just checked and the crazy stone does give more spirit than oracle.
  • Yoyoki - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    ehh not really, you can still max out or nearly max out your main skills, since youd frost and doing culti gives a fair amount of spirit..i think its mainly just having no clue on how the game works or about the classes which is the problem.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    No it's because it players get to 90+ without learning to play their class.

But no one cares because oracles are old news, real men who power lvl without learning to play their class use hypers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Wait I think I get it, you may be able to level up fast but your skills won't be high leveled because they don't give enough spirit?

I just checked and the crazy stone does give more spirit than oracle.

Went right over your head didnt it buddy? b:laugh

I think exp/spirit is always the same proportions tho. They dont mean lvling skillz, they mean knowing how to use those skills they lvld.
    edited February 2011
    How can someone not know how the game works?

By level 30, or 20 even that person should know all there is to know about how to play the game right? Like how to attack, how to use skills, how to learn skills, how to teach more skills to genie, how to buy and sell, etc?
  • Yoyoki - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    No it's because it players get to 90+ without learning to play their class.

But no one cares because oracles are old news, real men who power lvl without learning to play their class use hypers.

thats exactly what was said
    edited February 2011
    Shouldn't by level 30 or 40 that person should have a pretty good idea on how their class works and the role that their class plays in?
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Shouldn't by level 30 or 40 that person should have a pretty good idea on how their class works and the role that their class plays in?

KInda but no. How you play changes as the game progresses and need to adapt.
    edited February 2011
    I am gonna need an example of this change.
    (Oh yeah and I don't mind spoilers of any kind)

As you can see all my characters are still level 30ish, and so I guess I have not experienced this change yet.
  • YggdrasiI - Heavens Tear
    YggdrasiI - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2011

By level 30, or 20 even that person should know all there is to know about how to play the game right? Like how to attack, how to use skills, how to learn skills, how to teach more skills to genie, how to buy and sell, etc?
    Oh boy, you still have a lot to learn about the game. :)
    edited February 2011
    Oh boy, you still have a lot to learn about the game. :)

Be glad I am asking this before I actually spammed oracles.
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    classes in this game arent hard at all to figure out

some ppl have this attitude toward oracles cuz like me they had lvld their original toon w/o oracles and it took quite a bit longer

but i also saw the same proportion of noobs to people who know how to play their class from then as i do now, u just see a lot more ppl at 100 so it "appears" to be larger

grinding on tens of thousands of quest mobs or 600 pirates are gonna teach u nothing about playing ur class

u wont learn how to play ur class by 30 cuz ur missing a whole ton of skills to use like 39 49 59 79.... just figure out what ur skills do and where they best fit which is something u learn along the way whether u oracle or not
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011

+1

Different tactics for different instances and bosses. If you could learn everything by lvl 30 while play till 100?
    edited February 2011
    Well, the game isn't just about to know how to use skills etc, but also when to use them, how to work with squads and learn your roll in it and different instances. This is what most people mean by "learn how to play your class".
  • kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Don't listen to all the naysayers . There is nothing wrong with oracles. Even if you oracled your way up how long would it take you to to learn how to play ?? PWI is not hard. Its not like PVE requires mass amount of skills that you have to learn by lvling slower.

Anyone who has played any mmo before can figure it out. Besides, some ppl come on the forums and point there fingers and call out ' oracle noob !'

What do these same ppl do when they reach 80... hyper FCC

PPL on the forums are full of it half the time. Do a search for the original oracle thread and you will see ppl trying to be elitist about it and then once the oracles became affordable to the masses you finally got the origin of the infamous 'oracle noob'

Some ppl lvl the hard way.. let them

Some ppl are awesome at their class and some suck . In past MMO's did you suck ?? If no then you will be just fine.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    No, nothing wrong with oracles, somewhat, since its not as pampering as BH/FF/hypers/classic PLVL style.

Oracles are branded as last 2 years.

Besides, I have done oracles from mob drops, and authentic work and scrolls. I find excessive exp giving items (those should be removed) like nien packs, or sort if I am correct. People can level easily by those.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    Ok so then

leveling by oracles only (100% of the time) = bad
    leveling by some oracles (10% to 30% of the time) and more other quests, dungeons, bosses, etc. (70% to 90% of the time) = good

or

as long as you know how to use your skills the right way you will be fine no matter what method you use to level up

right?
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    To be honest, as much as I would discourage to use of oracles for a newcomer. And not advise them to go from 30 to 100 in a week. I still say that the whole "OMG LOL ORACLENOOOB" thing is kind of...stupid.

This game has very little aspects in terms of "learning", at most you'll have to learn proper mob/group control, how to time your skills/debuffs/amplification skills etc.

I have played my friend's archer on DW for a while, a long time ago. He was 100 long before my own archer was even made. I didn't know jack about the class, I learned everything I could possibly need for any "end-game" instance within a week. I've never touched an archer before, mind you.

I've done the same with a venomancer whom I played at level 9x, learned the ins and outs of it in less than 3 days. But then again, venomancer is a ridiculously easy to play class.

My point is, if you want to level quickly using oracles/hypers. Go for it, you can easily learn the "how to-s" on your class afterward, if you insist on leveling fast anyway.
    This game is really not that hard at all to understand and there's very little to it that can't be comprehended by a 12 year old and then executed by said 12 year old as instructed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
    edited February 2011
    No, nothing wrong with oracles, somewhat, since its not as pampering as BH/FF/hypers/classic PLVL style.

Oracles are branded as last 2 years.

Besides, I have done oracles from mob drops, and authentic work and scrolls. I find excessive exp giving items (those should be removed) like nien packs, or sort if I am correct. People can level easily by those.

That was back then when you couldn't cash shop oracles like you can now.
  • kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011

as long as you know how to use your skills the right way you will be fine no matter what method you use to level up

right?

^This . No one cares until you make yourself look like a total noob. Take the time to learn your class and skill and no one will even know.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Ok so then

leveling by oracles only (100% of the time) = bad
    leveling by some oracles (10% to 30% of the time) and more other quests, dungeons, bosses, etc. (70% to 90% of the time) = good

or

right?

I suggest use oracles, authentic work or scroll from the drops you get from mobs (or players in PK mode). Not actually buy them. You get easy coin then. Either that or sell them. Using oracles won't make you a noob. Its just that going too far from something that simple, like crazy stone just to rely on isn't good. If I find all the right element shards from mob drops or trade, free crazy stone quest. Saving money is really good yeah.

But you can play your way of leveling speed. Everyone have their own playstyle, just enjoy the game ^^
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    One of the main issues I see with oracles are not just that people don't learn how to use their skills properly, but they don't learn to work with people well. Well you spend all your levels, just soloing the same mobs over and over again...you don't learn how to use your skills to the best benefit of a group, and when you try to do things, like an instance, with other people, you'll have no idea what you're doing, or what the other people can do along with you.

Working well in a squad is not just knowing how to use your own skills effectively, but what other classes' skills are and how to use them with yours as well.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Fist_Mama - Harshlands
    Fist_Mama - Harshlands Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    people really make a big deal over oracle noobs idk why, im a great bm(ive been told so by many) and it just really erks me that people automatically assume if you did oracles you suck at your class. i oracled and people act suprised when i tell them that. its a terrible sterotype unfornetly but it wount go away because thats human nature.
  • Yoyoki - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    people really make a big deal over oracle noobs idk why, im a great bm(ive been told so by many) and it just really erks me that people automatically assume if you did oracles you suck at your class. i oracled and people act suprised when i tell them that. its a terrible sterotype unfornetly but it wount go away because thats human nature.

and thats good as, but its more the people who dont listen who are annoying. honestly, i love the fact if i want to make a cleric i can zoom my way to 70-80 and skip the boring stuff.
  • Marche - Harshlands
    Marche - Harshlands Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited February 2011

wrong your a BladeMaster which means many things in essence you are the most retardly over powered class in the game u have the most debuffs the most stuns u can heal your self u AoE out the *** and to top it off u got buffs to keep u alive through w.e u need to do

now being a BladeMaster you have a bunch of different options u can choose for example

Axe

Pole

Sword

Fist

Axe/fist

Axe/pole

Axe/Sword

so on i think u see the pattern

building a BM can be a very hard thing to do o.o but also very easy at the same time

power leveling to 100 on whoralces (as i call them) and hyper does not help you learn how to build/play/master a BM out side of clicking the same buttons over and over to kill a oracle boss

gratz if u oracle u now have the same amount of skill as a bot GG

i did FC with u not bad next time learn what Dragons is please oh and leave the tanking to the ppl that can tank not a 6k hp 9x bm

btw i lied about u doing a good job.....
  • Dixievixen - Heavens Tear
    Dixievixen - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Okay, I'll weigh in on this one, if only to exercise my freshly unbroken hand a bit. First, I have done nothing in the way of speed-leveling. I do CS, BH, WQ and use whatever drops I get through normal play. I consider myself knowledgeable about my class and research some things in advance. I have dumped my xp to my genie to level skills without leveling character. I buy zen and have "purchased" advantages to enhance my enjoyment of play. Spurs and widgets, teleport stones, guardian angels. I have socketed and refined things on my own dime. Many would consider me a cheater. I will be speed leveling this character pretty soon because this part has been pretty boring anyway. Pick something, kill a couple hundred over a few questlines using the same macro you figure out from the first dozen or so mobs then on to the next thing. Fine. But, to me, the endgame is really THE game. You spend the first hundred or so levels in school. When you get to the top of the heap is when you become an "adult" and go traipsing around the world slaying some beasts, plundering some booty, and getting in more than a few barfights all the while aiding many in their time of need. That's where the real fun begins in my mind. I'm not there yet but I'm playing MY game. I would say if you're enjoying yourself, you are not getting kicked from squads and are capable of completing most of the quests at level all by your little self then nothing else should matter really. It's your time, it's your money, it's your life. Play YOUR game. If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.