Which weapon for BM is best? ^^

Options
EvilDivine - Heavens Tear
EvilDivine - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Blademaster
Hai, I'm making a blademaster and was wondering what weapon is best for BM's, Fist/Claws, Pole, Swords etc ty! b:thanks
Post edited by EvilDivine - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• AellaAsteria - Archosaur
    AellaAsteria - Archosaur Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Fist are now. Axes used to be great, but now since -interval became the craze, fist is the best weapon just because you will have the maximum damage possible, which is insane. However, best to just go with whatever weapon you want. If you don't plan to cash shop, it will be easier to go with something aside from fists because -interval gear is expensive.
  • EvilDivine - Heavens Tear
    EvilDivine - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lol thanks, I might be going for dual axes lol^^
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Now if only there's a thread asking about weapons on the first page of this forum, or if there is a guide of some sort...
  • flamingahole
    flamingahole Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Fist are now. Axes used to be great, but now since -interval became the craze, fist is the best weapon just because you will have the maximum damage possible, which is insane. However, best to just go with whatever weapon you want. If you don't plan to cash shop, it will be easier to go with something aside from fists because -interval gear is expensive.

I kill faster AoE grinding with axes than I do killing mobs one at a time with fists. Both are good at different things so it's not accurate to say fists are better. I don't use fists to AoE and I don't use axes for single target DPS.
    Now if only there's a thread asking about weapons on the first page of this forum, or if there is a guide of some sort...

Ya, would be really helpful...
    You have three chances to guess the reason for the post above.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Each weapon has its benefits, fist and axes having the most benefits.

Axes are used for aoe damage on multiple opponents and spike damage. Requires using skills to get decent damage.
    Fists have the highest damage output on a single opponent, like a boss. They attack the fastest and build the most chi. They're also one of the cheapest paths potion wise.
    Swords are an inbetween weapon. Doesn't really stand out but its damage is decent, and its attack speed is ok. Also has some okay pvp skills.
    Poles have linear aoes and ranged attack. Good damage but slower attacks.

My advice? BMs don't use only weapon. Good Bms use all their skills at the right moments, and that means using all your weapons. Go 3 str (for axes) and 2 dexterity (for fists), then use all weapons. This way you can create your playstyle with all the options. Only chosing one weapon path limits the ways you can play.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • CJD - Heavens Tear
    CJD - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Axe/fist combo is what BM's commonly use!~ as the main weapons

Axe for AoE and HF and fist for higher APS.

Sword/polearm for the use of MSS and glacial spike

Since BM's can use four different types of weapons I prefer to have them all, Sword has MSS a unique sword skill, which is why i usually carry a sword. Polearm to attack far and Glacial Spike.
    Girls are like phones...
    We love to be held... talked too..
    but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected! b:laugh
  • Konojin - Harshlands
    Konojin - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i agree why would anyone want to limit themselves to one thing. I see people who do and base there character off of what looks "cool". (srs) and that just limits as well.
  • mrkbbjj
    mrkbbjj Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Axe/fist combo is what BM's commonly use!~ as the main weapons

Axe for AoE and HF and fist for higher APS.

Sword/polearm for the use of MSS and glacial spike

Since BM's can use four different types of weapons I prefer to have them all, Sword has MSS a unique sword skill, which is why i usually carry a sword. Polearm to attack far and Glacial Spike.

This.
    I haven't used swords/Polearms yet I'm still trying to get my fist/axe skills upto par. Mainly HF/stuns/fissure/the other aoe(brain ****). I haven't touched drakes sweep much(lvl 5),and for fists I'm concentrated on shadowless kick/haste skill.
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Try to use Pataka on BM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=747842

even lockaway shelly cannot prevent my wrathb:cute
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Try to use Pataka on BM.
    Damn, I was thinking this when I read the topic.

Pataka BM ftw.
  • LoNgcHaR - Dreamweaver
    LoNgcHaR - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Thanks a lot. Ur advice has helped me recover my messed up stats. ty
  • oralon
    oralon Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    AoE grinding, axes.
    Ranging mobs, polearm.
    Burst damage, sword.
    1 vs. 1, fists.

Or at least that's how it goes where I am. It really depends on your situation really, I prefer 1 handed swords myself, but will change to fists once I get interval (or if at this rate). b:shutup