Confusion on builds!! D: Gah!

Moshu_ - Heavens Tear
Moshu_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Wizard
So I'm a wiz (obviously lol)
I was wondering... what are the pros & cons of eack build... and what are the builds?
Post edited by Moshu_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I was wondering... what are the pros & cons of eack build... and what are the builds?

go arcane. Put in some vit (max like 50) if you feel you need more hp.. and just enough str to wear gear (you will need 54 str at end game) and ALL the rest into magic. Don't worry about any of the other "builds".
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Jestersig - Heavens Tear
    Jestersig - Heavens Tear Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    While I agree with Adroit that arcane is the only way to go with a wiz I'll let you know what the other builds are so you can make your own mind.

With a wiz there are basically 2 types of builds: Light Armor or Arcane Armor.

For a light armor build you put enough points in str and dex to wear light armor and the rest go in magic. This build was intended to increase your phys defense for more survivability. Your magic defense will take a hit and your damage will be GREATLY reduced. The increase in crit rate can make up some of the damage but you will never hit as hard as an arcane wiz.

Most wizards go with the arcane armor route and it is what I would recommend. The basics of this build are to put 1 str every two levels so that you can wear the most current armor and weapons. The rest of your points should go into magic or can go into vit if you feel you need more hp. A pure wiz is one who puts 1 str and 9 magic every 2 lvls. With this build you will have low hp, very low phys def, but very high magic attack. It is recommended that as a wiz you put hp and phys def stones in your armor and try to find good phys def ornaments.

How much vit you put in your wiz is up to you. Personally I think the points are better in magic as each point in vit only increases your hp by 10 (I think) and most of your hp should come from refining, gems, and bonuses. As a wizard you shouldn't be getting hit much anyway.

Good luck and have fun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Step 1: delete wiz

Step 2: roll sin

Step 3: hyper level to 100

Step 4: farm your *** off for $ for your wiz

Step 5: decide if you care that you will be useless endgame for almost anything but TW, and with Rank 9, almost useless there unless you buy rank 9 yourself.

Step 6: if you make it here, roll wiz

Now that we have covered the preliminary steps to rolling a wiz in perfect world, your choice of builds is magic only, vit (50 as adroit suggests), or light armor.

With hypers as cheap as they are right now, and the number of people zhening public quest, even I, as a very staunch former advocate of the LA build from lvls 1-80 (and possibly 90) have to say it makes less and less sense to roll light armor, especially on a pve server. Its still fun, and I think it has plenty of advantages in pve, but people level so darn fast now that if you just put the $15-$20 you will inevitably have to pay for reset notes to go pure mag at lvl 90 into a few pieces of better gear, you really eliminate the benefits of LA (AND vit) for most purposes.

If you plan to level slowly, not with hypers, not with oracles, and not with having someone run you through frostcovered city at level 20, then yea, I'm a big fan of light armor and there are other threads where I've discussed it and Adroit has failed to see the light.

But honestly, nowadays, whose going to do that? It's hyper to 100 in 4 weeks or less, get rank 8 or gtfo.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Jestersig - Heavens Tear
    Jestersig - Heavens Tear Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur;12059512]
    Step 1: delete wiz

Step 2: roll sin

Step 3: hyper level to 100

Step 4: farm your *** off for $ for your wiz

Step 5: decide if you care that you will be useless endgame for almost anything but TW, and with Rank 9, almost useless there unless you buy rank 9 yourself.

Step 6: if you make it here, roll wiz

I don't agree with this at all. What is the point in playing a game if you are going to skip most of it. Not everyone plays to be the best endgame (instert class here). I don't watch the opening credits to a movie and then skip to the end. I say play what you want and how you want and who cares what peeple like this think. The most important thing is to have fun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mage_Up_Ass - Sanctuary
    Mage_Up_Ass - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    y make sin and get it to lvl 100 when all that time could have been used on the wiz?
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    y make sin and get it to lvl 100 when all that time could have been used on the wiz?

Because since are actually useful for stuff
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.