[Announcement] TW Rewards Increase and Genesis Map Reset!

Options

Comments

• Os_city - Harshlands
    Os_city - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Thumbs up for pwi staff b:victory
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    There comes a time when you, as a company, need to put your foot down and say "This is the change, deal with it, this is how it will be and nothing will ever change that." Regardless of what the players do if you know its for the good of the game keep it as it was changed.

A couple other games tried this. Wanna know why Square-Enix's latest MMO flopped miserably in spite of the numerous suggested fixes provided to them by their closed beta testers?

Hint: It's because they didn't listen to their customers, and "put their foot down".
    Everyone knows the only reason people stopped doing TW was due to their extreme greed.

Actually, everyone stopped doing TW because TW costs money, and then returned nothing but a pittance of mirages and pithy bragging rights. Now that people can start covering the cost of charms/apo/cata scrolls/towers/etc.?

Smartest way to revive TW, considering they never should have removed the coin reward in the first place.
    They should reset the map every 3 months, this would give them more money and us (the ones that still play) more fun!

Yes, let's just remove more incentive to TW than the god-awful Mirage reward did. It would take almost a year to claim the entire map assuming no losses. I'd be alright with a 1.5-2 year TW reset, but 3 months?

Most mind-numbingly terrible business decision ever.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Bragging rights should be the only reason to ever do pvp in any game. I say this as a player who tends to do pvp in every game I play.

TW should be a coin sink. Charms are not sold by npcs so they are not a coin sink. Here is an idea that would let them keep the coin rewards, but have it ok to do it.

Any TW rewards can only be used for TW purposes. Bidding, towers, catapults ect. The coins gotten from TW cannot be used on anything that is not directly involving TW itself. No charms, no gear, nothing but TW. Costs are covered, and the econ isn't affected.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Bragging rights should be the only reason to ever do pvp in any game. I say this as a player who tends to do pvp in every game I play.

By what standard? Do you even have one or is this just some haphazard opinion?

Here, I'll share mine: Businesses should be run in the manner suggested by their clients in order to maximize profits, else there will be no business. No business = no PVP, period.

If you want to PVP for bragging rights only, you're more than welcome to turn down TW pay every week, but don't pretend as though your limited views are the best option for a company that has been listening to considerable amounts of complaints over the removal of the old system for over a year.

TW should not be a coin sink. Far better to make endgame instances coin sinks in exchange for endgame gear, or to increase the taxation on gold trading/auction housing, or to add coin taxes for cat shopping.

The only real problem I have with this update is that mirages are going to skyrocket in price; they should also revert back to the old system of 3* decomposition to balance out the incoming drought of mirages.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I was always in a faction that would TW every week but only get land rarely. I went for the purpose of pvp, not for the money. It wasn't about winning or losing it was simply about being there and having fun with it. I got invited to the big factions that owned half the map and I refused on the grounds that it would be boring.

I loved purging a seemingly unkillable character then watching them die 2 seconds later due to lack of buffs. You don't need a high kill count to do well in TW, I mention this before you look at my pk count and try to trash me on it. Yeah my kill count is low although I was in TW for well over a year straight every single week. It's called playing support.

Be there for the pvp fun, and bragging rights, or don't be there at all. Simple as that.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Synta - Dreamweaver
    Synta - Dreamweaver Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I like most of the change, but Dreamweaver's map has only just reset - the TW is really good atm...
    Why reset the maps that aren't "dilute", as you put it?
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • Twil - Lost City
    Twil - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Thanks PWE, finally did something right. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Twilight Temple = HH. All the cool kids are saying it.
    Perfect World International is Schrodinger's game - it may or may not be dead. b:laugh
    If the game is dead, then YOU JUST LOST IT b:mischievous
    Calvin - Lost City: Nothing is cooking except I am putting 3 eggs on Elayne's boiling bald head and making some scramble eggs.
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Here, I'll share mine: Businesses should be run in the manner suggested by their clients in order to maximize profits, else there will be no business. No business = no PVP, period.

If you want to PVP for bragging rights only, you're more than welcome to turn down TW pay every week, but don't pretend as though your limited views are the best option for a company that has been listening to considerable amounts of complaints over the removal of the old system for over a year.

Limited views, huh ? I'm sorry but your calling the cettle deepest of black there.

Apparently your firm belief is that PWI runs on pvp ?

I'm sorry, it runs on both. 2 PVP servers opposed to 5 PVE servers where pvp is optional. and far from what actual pvp should be about (silverpool SZ babies )

PVP can be about MANY things, as well as TW as bragging rights, farming someone's gear or you can shoo people away from your grinding/farming spot.
    have massive fights on open map or play PK-tag with friends. it's what ever you make it to be or what you want to get out from it.

So, your saying PVP is the sole reason people buy charms, pots, uber gear, cashshop in general?
    Think again.
    There's more than ENOUGH people running around PVE servers in R8 or R9 gear, full nirvana and DOT'ed +12'ed and have NEVER done pvp, TW and dont PLAN to either.
    they play because they play for the sake of it being a game and like to be good at it.

pvp isn't what makes PW turn, it's an inbetween road.
    but if you want to stick to your tunnel minded views and say PW revolves around pvp ONLY dont go around calling the cettle black

No business = no game at all.
    No pvp = just PvE = still a business where people will want to spend money to be "awesome".

Or else all those console fantasy/shooter games where you cant buy anything from a cashshop but still aim to get the best of the best to reach the end should be free, huh ?
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    NO. Just ****ing no, GMs.

We do not need the ****ing TW money back. Do you even realize how much money that brings in weekly? And can eventually all be held by the same person? It's insane. Say what you will about the 10mil notes you can get from tokens of best luck...that money is spread over hundreds of players instead of concentrated in hands of a few like TW money is.

Seriously, rethink this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Lolz, try again.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

We do not need the ****ing TW money back. Do you even realize how much money that brings in weekly?

about as much as the packs bring in per day?

so bringing back TW pay is really just an informal way of them saying, "no, we're not gonna stop pimping packs. ever." which us gamers already knew, so no biggie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    99% of people want the TW pay back
    1% are hater

It will help a lot of people who grinded his/her stuff since the begin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    the amount coming in weekly was always coming in weekly anyways when packs were on sale and best luck tokens were used to get 10 mil big notes - and as for one faction/person having it all... i cant say the same for every server but on sanctuary there will never be 1 faction to dominate the map again with all the updates
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Congratulations PWI you've condemned every server to hyperinflation. You've given it AIDS! b:laugh
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Good job PWI b:thanks
    Glad to see you guys actually talked to the Devs and fixed something for us.
    I wish people wouldn't QQ about how it sucks that it's ten mil big notes, etc. because they were QQing in the first place that it was turned to mirages. Now you give them TW pay back and they gotta QQ about how it could be better.
    You just can't make anyone happy these days. b:surrender

... QQ

Anyway, I really am glad to see you all take a step our way and actually listening to your playerbase. Maybe I shall play again, gear/level up and join Crimson for TW. With this new change, I might start paying into the game again, too. b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

We do not need the ****ing TW money back. Do you even realize how much money that brings in weekly? And can eventually all be held by the same person? It's insane. Say what you will about the 10mil notes you can get from tokens of best luck...that money is spread over hundreds of players instead of concentrated in hands of a few like TW money is.

Seriously, rethink this.

Think before you speak. Or type, for that matter.

So how has the economy done since TW pay has changed? Oh wait...

TW pay is non-factor. If you own the whole map, that's 7-8m per player per week. So that's less than $10 ea if you hold the whole map.

The only reason I see that you could be against it is if you're a massive cash shopper and don't want any of your competition wanting to get a little extra coin.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Hunnybunney - Harshlands
    Hunnybunney - Harshlands Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Eoria. You usually make good points, but on this one? Nope.

The money gives people motivation to actually fight and helps people actually afford things.

I know it aint hard to grind charm money, no matter the class, but its difficult to do more than that if your not a Cleric / 5APS (And a few venos). I think its good, not bad.

And it only becomes an issue if someone takes a huge portion of the map. Dont like it? Make a big TW fac and keep other faction off some of the map. Then donate your money to an NPC or w/e, noone cares, youl just have few followers after people realise you really hate the money.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i'm actually very interested in seeing how the HT map will settle out by, say, may or june. part of me wants to say there'll be three, maybe four major land holders, but unless the reset gives a huge big morale boost to the minor TW factions i'm very much worried there won't be any long-term change. except in the color assignment, perhaps.

guild bases might have the greater effect on TW players' collective morale and motivation, now that i think of it. we'll see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Can't rarely make everyone happy, at least this way people will be able to enjoy themselves in TW a little more, with money to help pay for charms and whatnot. Do not complain about the overpowered ones that own the whole map cause complaining will not change anything.

Enjoy TW as it is and try to improve your pvp skills, if not then don't bother. This game is not meant for people who are willing to complain about the small things, it gets old and it gets depressing.

I've been awake for nearly 20 hours so i'm in my depressed everyone should just drop dead state, everything said here is as close to realistic as i can get.
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    War... War has changed..

I ... I just totally cannot believe that this thread has grown to nine pages and no one has even mentioned Ron Perlman.

We totally need a video with Ron Perlman doing this quote.

(Possible also with "The more things change the more they stay the same" for balance?)
  • aurathief
    aurathief Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    TW will be interesting again in HT.b:chuckle Can't wait for the reset. Maybe the little factions will have a chance (doubtful but will be fun to see).b:thanks
  • Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Im VERY excited about the TW changes. Fresh start for archo and right on the outset of nearly everyone proclaiming "server is dead". Might be interested in alt charing back on HT now considering the map will change. b:cute
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Frankly I wonder if the reset is not just a mandatory thing..

You know like a database reset needed for the maps to be able to become "upgradeable" for the next expansion..

If this indeed is the case people would cry murder if the map was reset just for the sake of making a clean upgrade possible.

(Wonder if I am right about this cause man if I am aren't I the devious one)
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hmmm interesting.....According to Mooy's translation, the Seeker and Mystic Skills use mirages, meaning that all the current land holders would be sucking in stacks of mirages every week and not care :/. But now the system as been changed back to normal meaning no more flood of mirages.

Hmmmmmmmm >_>.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    No Promivius, because when they added Tideborn (and the extra 3-4 lands) no territory wipe was required
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You might be right.

Still I wonder. Not every upgrade is the same.
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hmmm interesting.....According to Mooy's translation, the Seeker and Mystic Skills use mirages, meaning that all the current land holders would be sucking in stacks of mirages every week and not care :/. But now the system as been changed back to normal meaning no more flood of mirages.

Mystic skills don't consume mirages. The seeker skills that do are party buffs and aren't needed.
  • MorkFromOrk - Heavens Tear
    MorkFromOrk - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The TW reset is a fabulous idea. A single color map is so boring
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    so like can a 5 ap solo tw :o?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along