Did i miss something ?

Options
AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
Wtf ? requisite Lvl 129 ?

I have NEVER seen an actual weapon MADE or dropped anywhere that had that lvl requisite.

Either that was dropped/manufactured by a glitch or they ARE raising the lvl cap with the expansion ?

Someone elaborate ?
All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
"ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
Post edited by AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary on

Comments

• SammyStyle - Sanctuary
    SammyStyle - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I believe they sometimes drop during the attack on arch events
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    soooo... it's nothing more than a fancy smancy drop ?

cause last i checked they werent raising the cap.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2011
    Options
    First you think, well the games maximum level is 150.
    Then it's, Hey people are hitting 105 now.
    Then you wonder about what the hell you would be doing at a level like that.
    You also wonder what else they could possibly do to make it worth being at a level like that.

Me, I'm happy where I am, leveling casually and playing my alts. Games more fun this way.b:chuckle

Also, why only 20m? Should set that up for 200m =))
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    odd things like that can drop from really high-level, or just plain weird, mobs. like the arch assault ones, in the later waves i would guess.

they're echoes of PW1, the old Chinese pay-to-play game that was the forerunner of the F2P PW we're playing now. the level cap in that game was (is?) 150, and not all the higher-level gear was removed from the game data files when they were modified for Perfect World 2. sort of like how warsong and nirvana are echoes of a FB109 that we don't have anymore, and how there's an NPC for the player housing system standing around on the open map somewhere without any job to do.

why anyone would catshop such a thing, i dunno. it's not as if anyone who could buy it could ever use it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    why anyone would catshop such a thing, i dunno. it's not as if anyone who could buy it could ever use it.

Someone just traded a huge collection of mysterious items from WQ (relics from PW1 too, for the housing system) for a vit stone...

Collector's item I guess.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Someone just traded a huge collection of mysterious items from WQ (relics from PW1 too, for the housing system) for a vit stone...

Collector's item I guess.

ghods, i hope the "collectible but useless rare item" craze doesn't bite this game too... i remember how it was in that other MMO that had a runecrafting skill, where people would pay insane amounts for what amounted to event fashion, which had no stat bonuses at all and was only ever special in that you couldn't get it anymore.

...what am i saying? in this game, that would go on for at most one week before the rare collectible was added to the cash shop, or a pack, or both. duh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    This is obviously not PWI screenshot. PWI's level cap is 105. The Punisher's mold drops in FB109- an instance that is closed/ does not exist on PWI. It does not drop in Archosaur invasions.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/9343
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    This is obviously not PWI screenshot. PWI's level cap is 105. The Punisher's mold drops in FB109- an instance that is closed/ does not exist on PWI. It does not drop in Archosaur invasions.

Go to 526 656 and check xXJasmineeXx's shop.
  • Satalia - Heavens Tear
    Satalia - Heavens Tear Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    This item would have had to drop from either :

1 Mistwalker Magina 115 City of Naught 436 590 (57) No elements 2766800 17.0533
    2 Demonic Dialectic 115 Hall of Blasphemy 402 581 (37) No elements 2766800 14.1950

The item drops 'as is' that is 'made' from these bosses, something I have experienced on other servers ...

As we are aware, Naught is now Warsong and Hall of Blasphemy is Nirvana

I wonder, that even so these maps are now 'reused' , if the bosses can somehow be 'found'

If you look at Archosaur forges, you can see items that 'shouldn't be there' ie http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/9916 Plate of Demon Lord - Level 105 Heavy Plate . This drops from:

Wayth 110 Hall of Blasphemy 414 541 (36)

I was also once told by a GM that if it was in the forge, it's in the game somewhere.

IDK just makes me wonder if it's glitchy in Warsong and Nirvana somehow ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Go to 526 656 and check xXJasmineeXx's shop.

b:scorn

b:sweat Useless *crumbles up pwdatabase and chucks it into a garbage can*

Maybe an ultra rare drop from something like a world boss?
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
    edited February 2011
    Options

so it drops from one boss each in warsong and nirvana. your only mistake is in saying fb109 doesn't exist in PWI; it does, renamed and recycled into those two instances.

(and i see they named a level-115 set of dual swords the "marital bliss". some wedding that must've been...)
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    so it drops from one boss each in warsong and nirvana. your only mistake is in saying fb109 doesn't exist in PWI; it does, renamed and recycled into those two instances.

(and i see they named a level-115 set of dual swords the "marital bliss". some wedding that must've been...)

Yes, but with the instance changes the bosses were changed too, reflected by the database telling us about the new drops they drop (and that is not one of them). They do not drop anything normal like FB bosses at all in those instances so it would have to be a hell of a glitch to have that randomly appear. Not to mention the fact that I have been told that the Warsong water boss does not give credit for the level 101 Waning Moon quest (the boss it was "recycled" from)... so these have been made completely different. New bosses, new drops. Not to say it can't glitch but... it would be pretty odd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yes, but with the instance changes the bosses were changed too, reflected by the database telling us about the new drops they drop (and that is not one of them). They do not drop anything normal like FB bosses at all in those instances so it would have to be a hell of a glitch to have that randomly appear.

well, the thing didn't appear in that catshop by magic... do the GMs ever spawn random events on Sanctuary, like i've seen them do on HT very rarely? ("happy wednesday" someone said in system channel, and next thing, odd bosses spawned by west gate; clap on/clap off, soft taco/hard taco, IIRC.) maybe it could have dropped from something like that?
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Well... less than a week ago, someone said on the WC that they had managed to enter the "FB109" and when people said they probably meant Nirvana/Warsong, the person said that wasn't the case.

I doubt that was the case though, as the mobs/bosses still won't be there.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    When they made Nirvana / Warsong the FB109 bosses weren't "changed" they were replaced. The original FB109 bosses are still alive and well in the game code but are not found anywhere in the game.

During an event a GM was randomly spawning bosses and happened to spawn some of these fb109 bosses. They didnt really care that it wasn't accessible in the game. Spawning a boss or item is something very easy for a GM to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Just go farm in hell/heaven, u'll get quite a few pots requisite lvl 110 (and even 120 i think). Had a lot of fun one day just hovering over West Arch and going "WTS "links lvl 110 pot" pm offers" and see people whisper back "O.o"
  • SilverMinx - Lost City
    SilverMinx - Lost City Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Not just heaven/hell. I got a 110 pot from mobs near Buried Bones. Kept it as a collectable I admit hehe.
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    At that time i just wtfed, because i unlike some of you XD had never seen these kind of high lvl requisite items.

Seeing all these remarks it made me wonder, i have no doubt someone else already posted about this or maye not, but it made me wonder.

If they actually changed the game it was before when there wasn't this cap but another, some instances were known under a different name and had a different purpose.

If they really changed their destinations why keep the initial decoding in the new one ?
    I mean if some of those bosses were revamped/renamed/replaced i would like to think they would change the drop items permanently to fit the "new" game purpose.

then why hold on to old mechanics if that was discarded ?

It makes me wonder if they kept the original coding around under the purpose "what if" or "Just in case of...?"

Maybe that is just idle hope idk, it does make me wonder though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Perhaps they thought it safer to not delete things in case they accidentally deleted something that would mess something up. Then again, they don't seem too bothered about bugs and 'features' so who knows...
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    This item would have had to drop from either :

1 Mistwalker Magina 115 City of Naught 436 590 (57) No elements 2766800 17.0533
    2 Demonic Dialectic 115 Hall of Blasphemy 402 581 (37) No elements 2766800 14.1950

The item drops 'as is' that is 'made' from these bosses, something I have experienced on other servers ...

As we are aware, Naught is now Warsong and Hall of Blasphemy is Nirvana

I wonder, that even so these maps are now 'reused' , if the bosses can somehow be 'found'

If you look at Archosaur forges, you can see items that 'shouldn't be there' ie http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/9916 Plate of Demon Lord - Level 105 Heavy Plate . This drops from:

Wayth 110 Hall of Blasphemy 414 541 (36)

I was also once told by a GM that if it was in the forge, it's in the game somewhere.

IDK just makes me wonder if it's glitchy in Warsong and Nirvana somehow ...

Also NOTE: Look at the drop rate on the books. Seems like they were planning an expansion into 105 but it got canned in favour of LONG TERM GAMEPLAY. Very interesting never the less.

So the question I'd like to ask Frankie is where was the game going? Where is the game going now?

Also I wish I could find the post where the GM was saying that the game would never get a new level cap beyond 105. But now I'm starting to question things.

You can't expand on the XP unless you change the entire system.
    103 1,339,080,000 1,174,028,185
    104 1,750,000,000 2,513,108,185
    and finally
    105 (max level) 4,263,108,185
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Experience_Points

That means your using a floating point to hold that mathamatical value so the only way you could expand is by changing and adding equipment to the game? Unless you change the XP system, which is just very hard cause there would be a lot of complaints.

In the case of GENESIS as an update they're patching up what they should of patched up ages ago before FC was introduced and thats the PVE aspect. i.e: Not having classes that were good for PvE grinding hence why the mystic can res people and heal people twice and the seeker can imbue weapons with elemental damage (which HAS been another broken system for quite a while now.)

Never the less. Questions about where WE go is most speculative. Maybe to Forsaken World.

Also you must remember that a lot of CONTRACTS for PW as a series were meant to last until 2012. But you can look that up on their website. ;)

[I'll edit the link in here when I get around to it and include the SEC link for PW as a company]

Just wondering if their going to continue with Forsaken World as a franchise?

I will just say however from 2007~2011 its been quite a ride. I did play PW MY at one stage.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye