Thank you lag for saving my cube!

WhipThis - Lost City
WhipThis - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
The most priceless thing happened to me today thanks to server lag.

I was in cube in room 48 with a bomb on my head. I finished digging the chests and got my die as I had 2 seconds left on bomb.

Sad right?

So I right-click the die just cause I could.

EXCEPT I LAGGED.

Bomb exploded, sent me to room 1, then die finally stopped lagging and sent me to room 50! b:thanks
Post edited by WhipThis - Lost City on

Comments

• Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    wanna know something crazier? one time i paid the illusion stone to teleport to TT. the stone took my money, yet i didnt go anywhere.. at all. So i talked to the teleport master instead and ported to 1k so i could fly from there. The teleport to 1k worked just fine and i began my flight south. Just as i hit land of the burning heart I got ported into TT.

talk about major quest lag. same thing happened trying to port into the cube twice that day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Hunnybunney - Harshlands
    Hunnybunney - Harshlands Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Since you were that far into the cube, why didnt you just get a room master to diffuse it?....
  • WhipThis - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    It was the room 45 bomb that you can only diffuse in room 50b:chuckle
  • Hunnybunney - Harshlands
    Hunnybunney - Harshlands Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    It was the room 45 bomb that you can only diffuse in room 50b:chuckle

O.

How the hell have I never, ever managed to get that room lol...
  • WhipThis - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    O.

How the hell have I never, ever managed to get that room lol...

Lucky you. I got the bomb and then 46 boss room which took me 7 mins to solo b:cry
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited February 2011

I was in cube in room 48 with a bomb on my head. I finished digging the chests and got my die as I had 2 seconds left on bomb.

Sad right?

So I right-click the die just cause I could.

EXCEPT I LAGGED.

Bomb exploded, sent me to room 1, then die finally stopped lagging and sent me to room 50! b:thanks

LOL dont post that in forum moron! didnt you realized you reported yourself as acting against ToS:

11.(l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players

you should actually know that the devs/mods/pwi stuff - have nothing better to do as ban innocent players for the bugs/advantages they are actually responisble for XD

instead of using the time for fixing all the sh** >_>
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • Flyingkea - Dreamweaver
    Flyingkea - Dreamweaver Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Interesting, I had really bad quest lag the other day on my veno, took me about 3 attempts of talking to the NPC to enter the cube, then as I was exiting it took me about 10mins of taking
    quest...waiting....waiting....stuff it trying again.....
    @Amencat - I don't really see how that's exploiting a glitch as she had no control over it, and was expecting to be sent back to entry room and stay there.
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Interesting, I had really bad quest lag the other day on my veno, took me about 3 attempts of talking to the NPC to enter the cube, then as I was exiting it took me about 10mins of taking
    quest...waiting....waiting....stuff it trying again.....
    @Amencat - I don't really see how that's exploiting a glitch as she had no control over it, and was expecting to be sent back to entry room and stay there.

its just a bit of joke, b:chuckle BUT, she could actually be fair and tele back to room 1, couse the glitch coused the advantage which she actually TOOK and stayed in room 50 instead b:chuckle
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Reminds me of the Dragon Gate EX/Have a Listen room "death glitch". It works in every room but it is usually done in those two. If you use immunity pot at the end (due to bugged listening room or to avoid the mobs, for example) but get sent to room 1 after clicking the die, you might be sent to the room where that die should teleport you to.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    But why would you die anyway, if you already had your die for that room? o.O Although I did observe one person using Expel and running through the Have a Listen EX mobs... I wonder if I should try that...

The bomb thing is funny, though. A similar situation happened to me in room 11. I hit my die just before I got PKd, and got sent to room 1 first, then the room I was headed for second. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2011

You're welcome.
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You're welcome.

Hammy b:laugh nice to see you posting again b:pleased
    WB don't leave us again pweeeeese b:cry
    Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WhipThis - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    I doubt this can be considered against TOS since I really had nothing to do with the whole ordeal. Seems like this has happened to a lot of people too. Maybe it'll help others b:cute.

Oh and thanks Hammieb:thanks
  • MiniDusk - Heavens Tear
    MiniDusk - Heavens Tear Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You're welcome.

YOU'RE BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! *tackles* I've missed you! b:cute Come troll the HT forums. They're quite funny lately. *leaves a trail of sunflower seeds as bait*.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedFangz - Heavens Tear
    RedFangz - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    LUCKY xD
    True greatness comes not because of winning every battle, but in winning without ever fighting -Sun Tzu
    >>http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=bf82353e88e001a6<&lt;
    They can say what they want imma keep my head up, the thought of me losing never crossed my mind..
    16k hp for a lvl 90 barb is good don't u think? :P considering i have 2.86 aps for fun :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]