Celestial Chism change

_DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
_DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Suggestion Box
Just a thought, but the Celestial Chism could do with being made a little easier to use.

I could completely understand if it was an inbuilt game mechanic, then obviously the privilege to change path at will should be made difficult.

But the Chism is a cash shop item and something PWI aims to profit from, as well as something players are paying actual money for the ability to use. At the moment, using this item requires several full Delta runs and all OHT maps and a long string of bosses. The main issue with this is:
-No one runs Delta. Frost gives better exp, Nirvana gives better coin.
-Asking a faction to teach and run the instance with you, is asking for 3-4 hours of 5 peoples time, many times, which is an unfair request.
-Delta is heavily bugged and the majority of squads fail due to returning to 1k streams. Even faction BH runs often fail.

I'm well aware that a few people HAVE successfully changed cultivation, but I know far more who simply gave up, or took several months to achieve it. From a business perspective, making the switch a little easier (second fairy cultivation, lv100), would make purchasing the chism a lot more appealing for players. Considering we can already buy endgame in ready-made packs, would making this feature a little more accessible really be all too bad?
Post edited by _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• BarbEQ - Dreamweaver
    BarbEQ - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I think the whole point of it is that it is difficult to do. In the same way that people should be sure before they pick their "at one time" final path in the game, the decision to change your path should be a serious undertaking, and not just financially.

Personally I think the whole schism idea detracts from the story of the game. But hey it probably makes pwe a few hundred extra dollars a month from people who don't like the decision they made at 89.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    what barbeq said.
    and it's not that hard to finish a delta...do u mean that u never plan to finish ur culti? eh
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Well, in my case I went sage because it was a viable build at the time. I went pure axe because back before interval, a sage BM was a decent choice for TW.

Now, things are far different. Thanks to interval sage simply isn't viable. 4.0 aps is acceptable in nirvana, 2.86 isn't. At all. Long story short, what was once a good decision in the past is an awful one now, and expecting a player to re-roll a lv100 is a little harsh.
    and it's not that hard to finish a delta...do u mean that u never plan to finish ur culti? eh

Of course not. Not one person in my faction of 200 players has gone further than stage 3. It's a horribly bugged, time consuming instance that requires experienced friends who frequently run, which no one does thanks to FCC. 3rd fairy culti is extremely rare.

The item is a cash shop item. Therefore designed to give you the privilege of a culti change, in exchange for real life cash. Adding a requirement of a month or two work ingame when rl money is involved seems a bit much.
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Getting your 100 culti done isn't hard, trust me. I did it all within a few days of hitting 100. People do deltas, you just need friends/faction mates to help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Well, in my case I went sage because it was a viable build at the time. I went pure axe because back before interval, a sage BM was a decent choice for TW.

Now, things are far different. Thanks to interval sage simply isn't viable. 4.0 aps is acceptable in nirvana, 2.86 isn't. At all. Long story short, what was once a good decision in the past is an awful one now, and expecting a player to re-roll a lv100 is a little harsh.

Of course not. Not one person in my faction of 200 players has gone further than stage 3. It's a horribly bugged, time consuming instance that requires experienced friends who frequently run, which no one does thanks to FCC. 3rd fairy culti is extremely rare.

The item is a cash shop item. Therefore designed to give you the privilege of a culti change, in exchange for real life cash. Adding a requirement of a month or two work ingame when rl money is involved seems a bit much.

If you can make it past wave3, you can easely get all the way up to wave8.
    Wave9 is abit tricy again, but pritty easy if you know what your doing (just stronger mobs and higher hp stun mobs).

All it takes is 1 person who knows how to do delta, and to show the others how to do it. Just because your faction is fail like that (really, 200 people who never even tryd to do wave4?) doesn't mean it's impossible

And it's not bugged. Only abit laggy which can get you kicked out if you take to much dmg. Which, if your squad knows what theyr doing, WILL NOT HAPPEN
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I got the 3rd fairy I think a day or 2 after I hit 100. I already had the entire chrono chain done before I was even level 100 in the first place. I was able to join a rb squad every couple of days just by watching world chats so finding one wasn't hard.

At level 100 I joined a BH squad for waves 2 and 3 of rb, I convinced the party to go all the way to the end to get my quest done, and we got my quest done. The rebirth parts were by far the easiest parts for me, it was the TT quests that took the longest time to get done, and this was long before they made it hard.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Holy ****, there's actually something you can't pay to pass in this game.

While it may be hard for some to do due to time constraints like me being ordered around while doing delta. Even my aunt called me to go clean stuff in her house in the middle of it. b:sad It's really not that hard, just time consuming.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.