Pop-Ups

Options
Xarathox - Dreamweaver
Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Support Desk
What's with the forums forcing pop-ups for a download file?

Both IE and Safari are trying to force a xd_proxy.php from static.ak.fbcdn.net.

Edit: This is the first time this has happened, and it's only coming from PWI forums.
Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
Post edited by Xarathox - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Which ad, and which exact page (give link please) is causing the problem?

Can you post a screenshot?
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Well, it's gone. So I can't SS it now.

Safari was showing the file as pwi_AllFile.v37 in the download que (coming from the source indicated in first post). IE was just blocking it before it could download and I wasn't about to clicky it to see what it was.

Edit: As per your question about which page, it was all of them on the forums.

Either way they die
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    So THAT'S what it is... I saw it on my laptop for a few days. Too lazy to get firefox so I can avoid the damned top bar on my laptop so I deal with it there. However, even on my desktop it surpasses every single site I frequently visit (pictured above). I should try inspecting one of those files.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Options
    So THAT'S what it is... I saw it on my laptop for a few days. Too lazy to get firefox so I can avoid the damned top bar on my laptop so I deal with it there. However, even on my desktop it surpasses every single site I frequently visit (pictured above). I should try inspecting one of those files.

I manually scanned it with avast after posting the thread and it seemed to have just poofed after I did. Though there was no warning from avast that it was anything dangerous.

Either way they die
  • _lolkae_ - Raging Tide
    _lolkae_ - Raging Tide Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I manually scanned it with avast after posting the thread and it seemed to have just poofed after I did. Though there was no warning from avast that it was anything dangerous.

probably a tracking cookie then...